REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Honda / Acura Tech Resources

Honda / Acura Tech Resources All honda & Acura Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 12-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

8th Gen Accord: Brake Squeal?

I recently purchased a 09 Coupe AT and was just wondering if anyone in Van was experiencing any of the Brake Issues that many accord owners in the states are experiencing? eg. Premature brake wear, Brake Squeal, Warped Rotors.

If so, what have your dealerships done about it, if anything?

TIA
Advertisement
fuc|(_off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

firstly i don't have an 8th gen accord, but i do have a 7th gen euro accord.

For some reason my brakes squeal a lot when I use them right after I start the car from cold. After braking 3-4 times after a cold start up, they run fine. I'm not sure if this applies to all accords, but I don't thin they is any changes on the brakes for the 7th and 8th gen accord.

Oh ya, i think I've read somewhere that the brake pads on the accord isn't really durable compared to its competitors.

does your brakes squeal all the time (24/7)? If so, I think you better bring it back to the dealership. Might be a leak or something.
orange7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #3

My brakes haven't started to squeal yet *knock on wood* but i did hear a faint squeal this morning so that got me a little worried because i've read so much about the problems in the states.

I think i saw somewhere also that the pads were pretty crappy, hopefully thats the problem and it can be fixed with a quick swap.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
I am Hook'd on RS

well, I have a 08 accord, and I have the same problem and it just got fixed 2 weeks ago. My car now is 27000KM. About 1 month ago, I starting to heard the brakes squeal when i jsut start my car, so I thought it might too cold or something. but it happens more and more so I decided to bring it to the dealership. apparatly they told me my rear brake pad has only 5% left and still got 95% in the front. so I asked them wut would cost this problem, the only reason they told me its becuz its solid in the read brake and I didn't do my brake service in the first dervice.. LOL.. anywayz the only thing they did was to change a new brake pad on. that's all.
babyv_36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
no problems from my 7th gens nor 6th... they warp tho... but no squeal. Family has a 8th gen also with no problems
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:38 AM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyv_36 View Post
well, I have a 08 accord, and I have the same problem and it just got fixed 2 weeks ago. My car now is 27000KM. About 1 month ago, I starting to heard the brakes squeal when i jsut start my car, so I thought it might too cold or something. but it happens more and more so I decided to bring it to the dealership. apparatly they told me my rear brake pad has only 5% left and still got 95% in the front. so I asked them wut would cost this problem, the only reason they told me its becuz its solid in the read brake and I didn't do my brake service in the first dervice.. LOL.. anywayz the only thing they did was to change a new brake pad on. that's all.
wtf?! How can the rear have 5% left and the front at 95%? Did you change the front pads before? Its only at 27k!??!!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyv_36 View Post

So i drove home tonight at 8pm and my brakes started to squeal a bit for the first few times i stepped on em. After that it was ok but I only have 1200kms on my car so my pads cant be done!. This is pretty frustrating for a brand new car. The Squeal is pretty inconsistent right now with me so i cant take it back to the dealer for them to replicate so all i can do is wait....
Old 12-09-2009, 09:25 PM   #8
Banned (BBM)

weird thought there should be more wear on the front pads
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #9
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
is your e-brake on?
did you drive with the e-brake?

honestly 5% in the back is VERY hard to do no matter what kinda of discs they are.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
I am Hook'd on RS

no, I never drove with E break on. never and 5% yes it surprise me too. I keep complain about it but they just keep tellin me that the reason is necuz I didn't do my break service... anywayz ... I had 2 accord in my life and I will not get a accord for my next car for sure
babyv_36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #11
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi128 View Post
is your e-brake on?
did you drive with the e-brake?

honestly 5% in the back is VERY hard to do no matter what kinda of discs they are.
too much FWD drifting tats wat happens
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote