REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #26
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Does anywhere in lower mainland offer lasik?
Anyone had experiences with that instead of prk?

I'm trying to weigh the benefits right now...
So far it seems lasik heals quicker but there's a quick surgical procedure to create the flap.
PRK on the other hand is touchless but takes longer to heal.. however it seems to be more commonly done.

Also...... does it hurt?

KrAyZiE TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #27
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

hey bui, pm'ed you thanks!@

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #28
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrAyZiE TRD View Post
Does anywhere in lower mainland offer lasik?
Anyone had experiences with that instead of prk?

I'm trying to weigh the benefits right now...
So far it seems lasik heals quicker but there's a quick surgical procedure to create the flap.
PRK on the other hand is touchless but takes longer to heal.. however it seems to be more commonly done.

Also...... does it hurt?
I had lasik done at Coal Harbour. It doesn't hurt, but putting on the suction ring in order to cut the flap may create some minor discomfort. They had to fit the suction ring in one of my eyes multiple times as (may be) one of my eyes is smaller than the other haha.

Anyway, I did the surgery in 2005. It's 2009 and I still have 20/20 vision. You have to follow the post-surgery procedures religiously though... like putting in the eyedrops, not swimming for x amount of time, not playing active sport for y amount of time, etc. I had clear vision the next day after the surgery and I already started driving. Make sure you get a letter from them so you can remove the "must wear corrective lense" condition on your license.

FYI, I got the halo effect which disappeared completely around 2-3 months time. The halo effect also lessened when you put eyedrops in. The doctor provided all the eyedrops and all the post-lasik tests came back ok.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:51 PM   #29
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Has anyone had the surgery in Victoria lately?
DancingTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #30

Any of you experiencing side effects like dry eyes or problems with driving at night?
Old 01-29-2010, 04:21 PM   #31
HELP ME PLS!!!

i have dry eyes waking up in the morning, but after a drop of eyedrops in each eye, i can go on and about my day. I'm 6 months into my post-surgery and had PRK.

Have u gotten a pre-operative exam yet?
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #32

^My friend did the PRK proceedure in October.. After the operation, his eyes were incredibly sensitive to light for a good 2 weeks.. His eyes also became very dry and itchy.. He had to constantly put eye drops in.. After the two weeks of torture, he's all 100% now.. No problems with night driving, etc..

I went to LEC for my consultation with Michael (as bui95 had suggested), and he was able to hook me up with his special discount (Thanks again Quoc!).. I'm definately doing it this year, but have yet to schedule an appointment (still negotiating with work as to when I can take days off, etc).. Ideally I want to have it done before the summer

Old 01-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #33
HELP ME PLS!!!

Yeah I remember my first 2 weeks was a nightmare. I practically stayed home most of the time cause I couldn't see anything.

I was using so much eyedrops where a 30ml bottle of eye lubricant only lasted me for a week. I thought I was gonna go broke buying eyedrops, considering it cost like $14/bottle. lol
Old 01-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
i have dry eyes waking up in the morning, but after a drop of eyedrops in each eye, i can go on and about my day. I'm 6 months into my post-surgery and had PRK.

Have u gotten a pre-operative exam yet?
I'm going in next week to coal harbour but still unsure if I should get it done...
Still worried about side effects, long term effects, and if there might be better techonology/methods coming out soon?
Plus it's not helping that I'm reading other people's reviews online and they're complaining about having to go in to do "touch ups" because their eyes didn't turn out right
Old 01-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #35
HELP ME PLS!!!

That depends how complicated your prescription was before you had it done.

I actually might have to go in for touchups too, but I was expecting it all along as my prescription is far more complicated than the average.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #36
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I have a friend who`s eyes are -12 and -11 respectivley. She had the Lasik surgery done and now has attained 20/20 vision despite going agains't her family eye doctors orders to not have the procedure done.
ericpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #37
HELP ME PLS!!!

^ That's horrible, your friend was next to blind.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:12 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericpoker View Post
I have a friend who`s eyes are -12 and -11 respectivley. She had the Lasik surgery done and now has attained 20/20 vision despite going agains't her family eye doctors orders to not have the procedure done.
WTF, they were able to operate on her with such crazy #'s ?

Old 02-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #39
ah_some

Got mine done at London Place Eye Center

BEST INVESTMENT EVER

i basically slept the days away for the first couple of days
stayed in the house for about 2 weeks, and was right back at work the week after!

adding the eye drops were a pain in the ass though... but well worth it in the end!

cost: $2500 cuz i work for corporate.

CoLoRs member #19 [The Enforcer, you maggots!]
RSB #6

ah_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #40
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

i just saw something funny on the front page that relates to this.

I saw
laser eye surgery
by ah_cat

looked like laser cats

StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote