REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Music & Clubbing

Music & Clubbing Rock your official RS Gear from Shop.Revscene.net (keyword search REVSCENE)
New tracks, videos, top hits, concert info and post discussion, music industry buzz, club hot spots, clubbing lifestyles..

Old 12-12-2009, 02:26 AM   #1
SFICC-03*

Thanked 1,525 Times in 606 Posts
kid cudi at commodore

did anyone go? cudi did 4 shows in vancouver over 3 days.
just came back from commodore today.
was a good show but really short.. about an hour.

also some faggot threw shit at cudis face and cudi threw it back. the guy threw it back at him again and a fight just about broke out. fuckin people, why would you go to a cudi concert and go to the front of the stage then throw shit at the performer??
Advertisement
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #2
EM1
I STILL don't get it

he did 2 shows over 3 days - wednesday the 9th and friday the 11th.

did cudi get into the fight? did the concert end because of that? what did cudi say about vancouver? haha u gotta tell us more.

i went to the wednesday show.

EM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
SFICC-03*

^he opened for gaga on thurs, and fri as well, so it was basically 4 shows.
earlier in the show someone threw some shit and cudi said something but there was no fight.
then at the end of the show he got pissed off cause the dude threw it again.
it looked like he went down for a punch and some of his crew came and were like pushing/punching the guy. it was hard to see from where i was at.
no chance of an encore after that
Old 12-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #4
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Here you go, more info and a video of the incident...

http://originalfaux.blogspot.com/200...vancouver.html
skholla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #5
RS controls my life!

Quote:
so here the story. some guy throws their wallet AT kudi… (his wallet, i don’t know why) being in the front, everyone reached out when he was like, “oh, who wants this?” of course everyone in the front is going to be “yeah its mine.” so i caught it and when he was walking away, i believe he jokingly said “if thats not yours, i’ma come get you”. a couple seconds later i felt bad so i tossed it on stage(clearly not throwing it at him but? just tossing it). this is what i dont get but he comes down, over the barricade and punched me. the people beside me were fucking awesome. lol the fans were actually holding him back. then the bouncer came and the show ended.? i still have my wallet.
It's kid cudi's fault, but also the guy is an idiot for taking the wallet when it wasn't his
filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #6
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

HAHA kid cudi is fuckin awesome
jackiebond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

yeah i went to the wednesday show, i thought it was really good but commadore sucks. i was in the front row with a chick went to try to have a smoke bouncers woudlnt let me out came back and was stuck in the back without a fine ass to grind on because no way of making to the front again
classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #8
SFICC-03*

^commodore is usually great. it seemed way over capacity for the cudi show tho. also they dont usually have those metal bars at the front of the stage blocking fans.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #9

i understand your pain but 99% of venues do not permit in and outs... also the commodore is a vancouver legend and is hands down one of the best small concert venues in the city!

the balcony, huge open dance floor, multiple bars, lots of seating, and the sound.... the acoustics in the room is amazing. now kid cudi's dj is another story, that dude was the lamest pos dj ever!

he was playing good tunes before the show but had zero skills and his feed going out to the sound system was cranked way too high and way distorted. dude thought he was the shit until the commodore staff came up to him and complained, he was pissed and didnt even look at them, in the end he must have blamed the mixer so they swapped it but guess what... nothing changed.... music and instrumentals sounded like crap!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
^commodore is usually great. it seemed way over capacity for the cudi show tho. also they dont usually have those metal bars at the front of the stage blocking fans.
i dont think it was over capacity... i think their limit is between 900-1200 and they are strict about it. those metal bars are usually only brought out for gangsta rap shows, all other shows and events ive been to they didnt have them. its weird that they were up because cudders isnt gangsta (when hes not punching out his fans) and ive seen k-os, common, talib, etc and there werent any bars.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #11
SFICC-03*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skholla View Post
i understand your pain but 99% of venues do not permit in and outs... also the commodore is a vancouver legend and is hands down one of the best small concert venues in the city!

the balcony, huge open dance floor, multiple bars, lots of seating, and the sound.... the acoustics in the room is amazing. now kid cudi's dj is another story, that dude was the lamest pos dj ever!

he was playing good tunes before the show but had zero skills and his feed going out to the sound system was cranked way too high and way distorted. dude thought he was the shit until the commodore staff came up to him and complained, he was pissed and didnt even look at them, in the end he must have blamed the mixer so they swapped it but guess what... nothing changed.... music and instrumentals sounded like crap!!!
totally agree about the sound. normally the sound is great, but it was terrible that night.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #12
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Lots of places don't have in and outs. i.e GM Place.
MR_BIGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #13
SFICC-03*

^gm place has smoke pits
Old 12-13-2009, 09:53 PM   #14

The commodore is one of my favorite venues and it has quite the history too... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_Ballroom

The no in and outs thing doesn't bother me since I don't smoke. True gm place has smoke pits but most smaller venues don't, it's a small trade off for a more intimate experience.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 12-14-2009, 04:36 PM   #15
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
^gm place has smoke pits

No it doesn't
Old 12-14-2009, 06:42 PM   #16
RS controls my life!

the show was fukn great was at the front til my gf started blackn out cuz of it was hot as fuck. the metal bars were there for three days grace which last time i checked wasnt gangsta at all lol
Old 12-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #17
EM1
I STILL don't get it

I may be wrong, but GM Place did have smoke pits but no longer does.

With regards to the metal bars, it probably has nothing to do with being gangster haha... probably just the artist's preference/request.
EM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #18
SFICC-03*

/shrugs
i was there 2 months ago they had smoke pits.
are you saying they got rid of them in the last 2 months?