REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #1
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

Not really a question about the MVA or anything just need legal advice

I'm wanting to take action against rogers wireless. Long story short, i recently got a smartphone and went to a rogers store to have them add data to my current plan. My old phone had a contract of just over a year left. The representative at the rogers store then added in data for me to my current plan. But what i did not know was he also extended my contract to four years without ever telling me. To clarify I did NOT receive a new phone from Rogers, this new smartphone i'm speaking of was purchased in Asia and unlocked and brought back. So now I have a 4 year contract in their system. I spoke with Rogers customer relation, they told me to go back to the store. I went back and they refused to do anything about it. I'm about to speak with customer relations again. If they don't remove the added 3 years, is there any legal action i can take?

Thanks!
Advertisement
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Civil matter, contact a lawyer.
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Did you sign anything?
Old 12-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenko View Post
Did you sign anything?
Yes i did, but the rogers rep at the rogers store just said it was to acknowledge that i'm adding data to my plan. HE NEVER MENTIONED that i would be extending my contract to 4 years...but hey i mean i didn't get a hardware upgrade or anything nor did i get a better deal on my monthly plan, just a regular priced plan, so why would i extend contract?
Old 12-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Call Rogers with your cell. *611 and ask to speak to customer service. If they cannot or refuse to help you, then ask to speak to the cancelation department and threaten to cancel your contract. The CSR's in that department are authorized to give you a better deal than any regular CSR.

And this should really be in the cell phone chat forums.

BTW, even if you cancel your contract, it is only $300.

Now, how the heck did they extend your contract to 4 years? Everytime I resign, it is a new contract for 3 years, even when I had 2 years left in my contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC-604 View Post
Yes i did, but the rogers rep at the rogers store just said it was to acknowledge that i'm adding data to my plan. HE NEVER MENTIONED that i would be extending my contract to 4 years...
That is why you ALWAYS read everything you are about to sign prior to signing. You should have received a copy of what you signed as well; I would re-read what is written down prior to making any phone calls so you know what you're talking about.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho_bc View Post
That is why you ALWAYS read everything you are about to sign prior to signing. You should have received a copy of what you signed as well; I would re-read what is written down prior to making any phone calls so you know what you're talking about.
would you expect that an authorized rogers wireless store pull a quick one on you for something so simple?
Old 12-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
would you expect that an authorized rogers wireless store pull a quick one on you for something so simple?
Pfft... you should ALWAYS expect something like this to happen in the cutthroat cell-phone industry in Canada...
Old 12-13-2009, 10:55 PM   #9
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Yes. All cell phone companies want you tied into them for as long as they can keep you. If you sign any legal document without reading it and understanding it, more fool you.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote