REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Christmas in a week! what is THE movie that you will watch every year?

For my house,

Home Alone.

What about yours?
Advertisement
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
wouwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #2
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Cannibal Holocaust
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2009, 12:47 AM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

a christmas story.

"you're gonna shoot your eye out"
StealthFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2009, 12:50 AM   #4
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Home Alone
Elf
and
Santa Clause with tim allen haha
Durrann1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:03 AM   #5
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Jingle All The Way!! with Arnold Schwartz. LOL pretty funny movie haha

Also Jack Frost...cause it's always on at YTV hahaha
JulyZerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:07 AM   #6
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthFighter View Post
a christmas story.

Think I saw it loong time ago. Was it the one with the mannequin leg shaped lamp or some shit hahaha. Good stuff.
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:12 AM   #7
MoD

Thanked 1,805 Times in 227 Posts
Jack frost. Always been that movie since it came out.
Posted via RS Mobile
k2_alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:34 AM   #8
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthFighter View Post
a christmas story.

I hate XMas movies in general, but that one is a must see. Even if it's just a few minutes of it.

Poor Ralphy........

The dad's funny and the mom is kind of hot (isn't she?) that's why I have to watch it again.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:48 AM   #9
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Miracle on 34th Street
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:25 AM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

A Christmas story and elf.

Will be adding Fred Clause into the rotation too I think
Posted via RS Mobile
azzurro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:52 AM   #11
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Deck the harrs with barrs of horry! Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:36 AM   #12
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,148 Times in 262 Posts
home alone 1 2
the nightmare before christmas
2 n r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:41 AM   #13
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
ELF
Home Alone 1/2

most of all: A Christmas Carol (b&w versions) and Muppet Christmas Carol

etc
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:52 AM   #14
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
white christmas

its a wonderful life

frosty the snowman in the old school cartoon

rudolf, the classic stop motion animation

garfield christmas

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:32 AM   #15
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

5th element
tegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:42 AM   #16
Need to Seek Professional Help

A Charlie Brown Christmas
Old 12-17-2009, 06:00 AM   #17
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
I always watch Die Hard every year at Christmas
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2009, 06:13 AM   #18
degenerate extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsali View Post
A Charlie Brown Christmas
awwwwwwwww yeah +1

that's my guaranteed movie to be watched at least once
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:53 AM   #19
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
Charlie brown Christmas and merry madagScar
Posted via RS Mobile
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:05 AM   #20
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
SEMI NWS

every year for the last 2 years FTW lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2009, 07:09 AM   #21
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
5 Reasons Die Hard Is The Best Christmas Movie Ever Made

Christmas movies are a time-honored tradition that teach you important lessons about the value of family, illustrate the necessity of charity, and warm your heart with the goodness of your fellow man. And Die Hard is the best one ever made. Hey, listen: It still counts as “heart-warming” if it rips your heart out of your chest and lights it on fire. The following are but a few of the many ways that Die Hard so perfectly represents the Christmas spirit, it makes It’s a Wonderful Life look like a brutal Nativity-themed snuff film by comparison.

The Spirit of Giving

Giving and charity are the central points of the holiday, and many Christmas movies reflect that: In A Christmas Story, all Ralphie wants is a Red Ryder BB Gun. He is consumed by this desire, despite the inherent dangers of the gift, because he is only thinking of himself. Eventually his wish is granted, but it quickly turns on him, thus illustrating that selfishness is not the true meaning of the holiday.

Similarly, in Die Hard, all that our protagonist, John McClane, wants is a peaceful holiday with his estranged wife; he too is only thinking of himself. But, unlike the selfish Hans Gruber who only wants to take, McClane eventually learns that giving is its own reward… in that he bakes a lovely bullet casserole for every god damn foreigner he sees. He becomes so charitable that, by the end of the film, he even presumably gives it hard and fast to his ex-wife in the back of the limo, despite her most closely resembling an orangutan with a jerry curl.

Now, I’m not saying that if you toss it and leave it, I wouldn’t pull up quick to retrieve it…

Thankfulness

In It’s a Wonderful Life, Jimmy Stewart learns that, despite all of his economic woes, he is both loved and needed in his community. By the end of the film, Stewart finds that his life really does have meaning and importance by virtue of his worth to the community around him. Though he faces some personal trials, Stewart realizes that it’s the intangible things - love, friendship, and faith - which are truly important.

In Die Hard, John McClane faces his own trials by virtue of his fear of flying. A nearby passenger with a dim grasp on foot anatomy advises McClane to toss away his shoes in favor of ‘making fists with his toes’ as an antidote to the fear, and he reluctantly takes the man’s advice. After callously abandoning all footwear, McClane suddenly learns that what he’s taken for granted all his life is what he needs most…when he has to run barefoot across fucking glass!

Both It’s A Wonderful Life and Die Hard espouse the same philosophy, that you shouldn’t take things - yourself, your value to the community, shoes - for granted, it’s just that Die Hard does it in a much more effective way: With extravagant torture! A Charlie Brown Christmas doesn’t teach Charlie Brown the meaning of the holiday by putting lit cigarettes out on his face until he learns to appreciate warmth, Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer doesn’t that learn that everybody is special in their own right by being thrown into Auschwitz, and The Santa Clause doesn’t teach Tim Allen that he should’ve loved his son more by skinning him alive and covering him in ants.

Die Hard is simply willing to go much further - willing to violently ream its characters in every orifice of their soul, if necessary - just to impart the true meaning of Christmas.

The Importance of Family

All notions of giving and receiving aside, many movies hold that the real purpose of Christmas is to emphasize togetherness and family. We are here to appreciate our loved ones and bask in the glory of community, they say, regardless of our material possessions. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas learns this lesson when, after stealing all the presents in Whoville, still finds the Whos singing - actually singing! - and just grateful to be together on this holy day. Through the adversity of others, the Grinch learns family is most important, and his heart grows three sizes that day… at which point he immediately drops dead from an over-enlarged heart.

In Die Hard, the giant blonde terrorist, Karl, learns that all the untraceable bearer bonds in the world are not nearly as important as his dear brother. Unfortunately, he learns this after John McClane casually murders his sibling in the face until dead. Karl is so overcome by vengeance and grief at this realization that he abandons all thoughts of self-preservation and dies futilely trying to kill Bruce Willis. He was so torn apart by the loss of his family that he wasn’t thinking logically, and was killed much easier. So you see, John McClane also knows family is the most important thing; that’s why he makes sure to take them out first.

All Glory Be To Christ

Christmas is, by and large, a celebration of the birth of Jesus. It is a day to give all acknowledgement and glory to the lord. Bruce Willis screams “Jesus fuckin’ Christ!” like eighty times in Die Hard. That counts. Mark that shit.

Faith And Miracles

Which brings us to the final theme of the holidays: Faith. Whether that faith is in Our Lord and Fuckin’ Savior, Jesus F. Christ, the goodness of human nature, or even just the existence of Santa Claus - belief in a greater force is an integral part of the Christmas experience. For example, in Miracle on 34th Street, Susan Walker learns that Santa Claus is real, because her unwavering belief in him makes him so.

Die Hard, likewise, is absolutely riddled with Christmas Miracles: Hans Gruber has absolute faith that the FBI will cut the electricity to Nakatomi Plaza and they do it right on schedule, Argyle has faith that he’ll be the first jive-talkin’ black sidekick in cinematic history not to die a horrible, disposable death, and he is (controversially) still alive as the credits roll, while John McClane regularly demonstrates remarkable faith that the laws of physics will temporarily suspend themselves every time he calls somebody a motherfucker, and he pulls off so many reality-bending shenanigans I’m almost certain he was using hacks.

Unlike other, slightly less terrorist-based Christmas movies, however, in Die Hard having faith let’s you bungee jump through explosions on a fire hose, hurl office chairs that detonate with the force of an atomic bomb, and hang Germans with lengths of industrial chain. Unless there’s a deleted scene in Miracle where Susan Walker parachutes through an inferno on the American Flag, Die Hard’s faith makes all other faiths look like pussies.

So when it comes time to choose that Christmas classic for the family to gather ’round this year, take your lessons from John McClane and make it Die Hard. If you run into any resistance, simply strip down to a tank top, accuse everybody present of copulating with their mothers, and shoot somebody two dozen times in the groin. Bruce Willis has done it in literally every movie he’s been in, and look at him! He grew up to be Bruce Willis!
http://www.cracked.com/blog/?p=14298
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-17-2009, 07:13 AM   #22
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

^I totally forgot about DH

my friends use to rent it and play it on the Christmas party as background music lol
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
wouwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:13 AM   #23
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
Christmas Story
Bad Santa

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:37 AM   #24
Banned (BBM)

lol die hard for christmas

lol
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-17-2009, 08:23 AM   #25
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

^Did you not read his follow-up post?

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote