REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-20-2009, 02:25 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Pretty much all cars get the pdi done right before delivery. They don't do pdi and then let the car sit for a year and deliver it like that. At least that's not how we doit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopalong View Post
the whole business with the recall is normal. if you went in for your first service they would of caught it and done it with no hassle. when your car was pdi, they would of checked your washer fluid, coolant (just below max is normal) and tire pressure. who knows how long your car was sitting in the lot! cars get moved around by lot boys all the time and they probably used the washer to clear the windshield. with time you lose tire pressure. weather changes play a big role in tire pressue. and again, who knows how long your car has been sitting in the lot since it was pdi by the tech.

i dont know what you expect out of this, but good luck!
Advertisement
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #27
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Should I read OP's thread and subsequent posts? Is it worth my time?
Old 12-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabAlmighty View Post
Should I read OP's thread and subsequent posts? Is it worth my time?
he is just overreacting. I don't know what he wants the dealership to do but hes pretty much venting for no real good reason.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #29
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSalesman View Post
that's normal procedure at all dealerships, or should be.
EXACTLY. Everything seems to be pretty normal with all the recall check & topping up fluid kinda stuff, nothing that special on what the Metrotown did. Hmm there SHOULD BE a difference on the fluid coz u did drive the vehicle? At least the windshield washer fluid & coolant level should've gone down a little.
spoonek4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #30
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Are you sure you aren't looking at the coolant overflow tank?
According to the manual on my Outlander (I know, not the same) , if the coolant level goes to MAX you have too much fluid...it should be somewhere between the two. If you have too much and the coolant gets hot, it will potentially leak/explode all over the engine compartment from the overflow tank.
Likewise, windshield washer fluid is not a big deal, it gets used up. I picked up a couple litres for $1.50 at CT today.
So I don't see anything really wrong with what they did...pretty standard service from a non-luxury dealer. If they forgot to put oil in, then that's a reason not to go there; not this.
ivanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #31

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Chow View Post
lol to answer ur question, no.

and i highly doubt alot of people use real first and last names on forums (unless u know the people that is)

and even if that is my real name....u think i will be proud to use to on the forum? lol

anyways...update: Mitsubishi Canada is like totally opposite of van mitsu...they have already replied me this morning and asked me for the full story (since their complaint form doesnt have enough space for me to type the whole story in)

so hopefully they can follow up on this and we will see how it goes
jeffield
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #32
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
My salesman didnt call me a week after owning my car like he promised he would.
Posted via RS Mobile
TOS'd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #33
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanz View Post
Are you sure you aren't looking at the coolant overflow tank?
According to the manual on my Outlander (I know, not the same) , if the coolant level goes to MAX you have too much fluid...it should be somewhere between the two. If you have too much and the coolant gets hot, it will potentially leak/explode all over the engine compartment from the overflow tank.
Likewise, windshield washer fluid is not a big deal, it gets used up. I picked up a couple litres for $1.50 at CT today.
So I don't see anything really wrong with what they did...pretty standard service from a non-luxury dealer. If they forgot to put oil in, then that's a reason not to go there; not this.
i get windshield washer fluid for free

alex.w *// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:16 PM   #34

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
I drove with a failed brake booster for like 3 months. Suck it up.

And ya, stop emailing. Go in person that way you can get shit done. If all else fails, make a scene; then you get what you want.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #35
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

TheSalesman: like i wrote on the previous posts...i have already got the recalls done at metro mitsu (well the airbag sensor one just finished at new type last week), so why do i have to go back to van mitsu when the recalls are done already? and i never said that van mitsu will refuse the work done if i ask for it....im just not happy with the way they treat their customers - forgetting to do a recall on the car before selling it and still not admitting fault on missing it. And now i wont even be willing to let them touch my car after reading about that guy's lancer running with no engine oil.

spoonek4: thats a good question but nope...been living at the same address for the past 14years; and to answer your second post, yes there were slightly differences on the fluids (but mind you i have put 1800clicks on the car...not alot but not little)...but i noticed that after the car was serviced in metro, all the fluids were higher than where they used to be at when we first picked up the car.

skyxx: i guess van mitsu missed a chance to make great money off me on the warranty work...and also will be missing alot of chances on all my maintenance services

hopalong: yes i understand your points and i totally agree on them. im not really whining about the tire pressures and fluids not being filled at their max level THAT much (or else the complaint would have been done couple months ago already). I was just pointing those two minor issues out to support my point that the car was never checked by their technicians before handing the keys to us. and thanks...i will let you guys know once i have a result.

GabAlmighty: no one forces you to read my thread if you think it's not worth your time.

ivanz: yes i know, but so far i drove the car to the states and put around 700km on it after the service and everything seems fine...so the fluids werent TOO much...they were just sitting right at max levels. I was just using the fluid levels and tire pressure problems to bring out my point about them being careless

the only reason why i posed this story up here and other mitsu forums is to let all you guys know about van mitsu's poor customer service and be alart with them...but all im getting from this thread was to tell me to suck it up...im just overreacting and etc....well all ur support is welcomed, but if u guys are just telling me that im doing the wrong thing right now by voicing my dissatisfaction to mitsu canada, bbb, and various forums, then we'll see about that.....mitsu canada and bbb can choose to not work on my case if they think im at fault and making things up.

either way, i just felt that i am not happy with van mitsu and wanted to warn everyone about them....if you guys think that my rant is just pointless and such...no worries, just read it and move onto the next thread.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Chow View Post
TheSalesman: like i wrote on the previous posts...i have already got the recalls done at metro mitsu (well the airbag sensor one just finished at new type last week), so why do i have to go back to van mitsu when the recalls are done already? and i never said that van mitsu will refuse the work done if i ask for it....im just not happy with the way they treat their customers - forgetting to do a recall on the car before selling it and still not admitting fault on missing it. And now i wont even be willing to let them touch my car after reading about that guy's lancer running with no engine oil.
Yeah I know you got the recalls done but i'm just saying that if you went to van mitsu, they would of done the same thing or should of. Or they should be shut down. Another thing is that it is unusual to have a recall on a brand new car. They will not catch a recall when they do PDI and if it is something major, they would have taken care of it. I don't know, maybe its just vancouver mitsu and they do this all the time. I don't work for them.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #37
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Has anyone here actually bought a car from the Metro Mitsu? How were your experiences with them?
I went to NewType about 2 months ago and my experience was ok.
iammingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #38

I looked at buying from them and they had really nice people in sales who showed everything and answered questions/let you do test drives. Then when I actually started the process of buying it they said mandatory $500 doc fee non negotiable, no lowering of price, etc. They actually wanted me to sign a deposit before even talking about the price. I laughed and asked if it was a joke, but they just spewed BS until I left. They kept hassling me to buy the car for about the next week until I finally said I bought a car.
So sales is good if you want to blindly pay what they are asking for and get gouged for $500.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2009, 02:15 AM   #39
I don't get it

What do you expect..its a Mitsubishi thats why they need such a long warranty because their car would just fall apart. Did you notice that the ceiling near the interior lighting you could actually push it in and see all the wirings. Thats pretty bad quality...

For some odd reason I get the impression the vancouver mitsu dealership is mainland chinese own...
Old 12-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #40

^^ Don't see wires sticking out anywhere on my Outlander. I think quality is pretty good, the only thing is that they use lots of plastic for the interior, which makes the panels look cheap on some parts. Otherwise, they are built quite solid. They wouldn't offer a 10 year warranty if their cars were breaking down all the time, otherwise, they wouldn't be earning any money on them. Hyundai offers 10 years in the states but only 5 here, yet they don't build bad quality cars.
Old 12-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #41
RS Lurker, I don't post!

ivanz, thanks for your information!!!
So, where did you buy your Outlander?
Old 12-25-2009, 02:19 AM   #42

I didn't buy a new one. I bought an 08 at Maple Ridge Hyundai as they had one with the stuff I wanted. It was sort of a long shot and took forever to get there, but the sales service was the best I've seen. No documentation fees and went down on the price quite a bit from asking. Also spent lots of time showing the car without rushing (~1 hour).
I doubt they have any more left, but definitely recommend them for buying a car.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:28 PM   #43
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I see.
How much documentation fee do other dealerships (not just Mitsu) charge?
Old 01-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #44

Sorry totally forgot about this thread. Got charged $395 apparently deducted from the final price. JP North Shore Lexus charges $295. That's the only two I could find out from receipts.

Btw, I went to Vancouver Mitsubishi and I gotta say the service is on par with Lexus (minus the good coffee and food). They did a bunch of TSBs for me without any haggling and stuff whatsoever. The service adviser was good and very knowledgeable about current issues...not just a clueless appointment booker/summary reader. They even didn't try to weasel their way out of a TSB which they could'nt reproduce. One that had no TSB they refused for now, but will check it again (weather depandant). I gotta say, I did check my oil right after turning the block...and no issues with that (have to check it again when car cools down). I would recommend going to them, great service and totally normal service people who don't try to sell you crap.

Last edited by ivanz; 01-02-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:29 PM   #45
RS controls my life!

hmmm i was just at vancouver mitsu for my service. i dealt with ken, ub and kevin a lot, ive been getting great service so far. they dont bs on anything, pretty straightforward guys.

this doesnt mean i careless though. i will check on my car tomorrow just in case they missed a step.

OP - hopefully you get your stuff all sorted out with them. good luck!
josel_atr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:50 PM   #46
hot rod waggin'

Yup, I can vouch for Ken at Vancouver Mitsubishi too! I've always taken my Outlander there since it was new, no issues.