REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #1
I bringith the lowerballerith

How much information is on a vehicle license plate, when a police scans it?

hi everytime i get pulled over the officer always ask me if i had been drinking ,

in my past 10 years of driving i have 3- 24 hours so i know there is some type of label in there police computers regarding that i may be a possible drinking hazard or something everytime they run a police check on my vehicle license plate.

now is all that information on my DRIVER LICENSE or my VEHICLE LICENSE PLATE. ?
Advertisement
Old 12-22-2009, 08:39 AM   #2
Retired Traffic Cop

Your driving record is associated with your driver's license and the police see that final five years of entries when they query it. Otherwise, the information is in records associated to you. The licenses identify you and then you are checked against the databases.

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
Your plate is a way to access info about the registered owner, same as your DL. This leads to all the info on computer databases...Prime, CPIC, FRO etc. If you have had 3 - 215 suspensions, to me that means you are a problem drinker who just doesn't get it. I would definitely be checking you out to see if you are impaired and driving this time too.

Getting caught three times, to Police, means you are a danger to yourself and others. Many times a 215 is given instead of processing a driver for impaired, for a number of reasons. What it obviously did not say clearly enough to you, is that you had/have a problem that you are choosing to ignore.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:53 AM   #4
I bringith the lowerballerith

thanks, yes i had a issue's in the past with drinking and then going for a drive, but not anymore, to me now its just not worth it and for other peoples sake not worth there's...
Old 12-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

does "notes" also come up when you are doing a license plate check into a DL check?
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,623 Times in 678 Posts
Not sure what you mean? When we swipe your DL and click the appropriate boxes, everything on you in the database comes up on the screen, starting with your driving history, vehicles and then onto other stuff like Criminal charges etc. You can also access the actual files in the computer to see what went on. All depends on how long you want to take and how deep you wnat to go.

Slowrider glad to hear that you are making the responsible choice these days. Good on ya.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote