REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Banned By Establishment

More great PR exposure for our RCMP

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

Family furious after police shoot pit bull in yard

Updated: Tue Dec. 22 2009 19:53:58

Douglas Quan, ctvbc.ca

A Chilliwack, B.C., family is furious after their six-year-old pit bull was shot and killed by police who came onto their property unannounced to perform a training exercise with a police dog.

Brian Hacker said his dog, Fendi, had gone out into the yard Tuesday morning to relieve herself when two police dog handlers and a police dog came onto the family's property without advance notice.

The pit bull and the police dog engaged each other, he said, and moments later, Fendi was shot.

"They can't break up a dog fight?" he told CTV News. "We're not wrong here on any level."

Hacker's wife, Jennifer Gorcak, told ctvbc.ca that she was folding laundry in the bedroom when she heard the commotion and went outside.

"My husband was two doors down from where the dog limped to her death. He was on his knees screaming, 'They killed Fendi!'" she recalled.

"They should not have been in my yard unannounced," she said.

RCMP spokesman Sgt. Peter Thiessen told ctvbc.ca Tuesday night that the training exercise was being performed by an Abbotsford police officer connected to the Lower Mainland Regional District Police Dog Service and a Chilliwack RCMP officer.

He said that the two officers were training a police dog to track a suspect through a residential area.

When they entered the property, the police dog came under attack by the pit bull, Thiessen said.

Thiessen said the police dog was bitten in the throat.

He said the officers attempted to separate the dogs but were unable to. They feared that the police dog's life was in danger, and a decision was made to shoot the pit bull.

One shot was fired, he said.

Thiessen said this wasn't the first time police dog handlers had used the area for training and that residents had consented to the exercises in the past.

He confirmed that residents were not given prior notice of Tuesday's exercise. He said he didn't know why the notice didn't go out.

That'll form part of the investigation, he said.
Advertisement
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:35 PM   #2
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
did the dog drive a car ?
wrong section
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #3
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

poor doggy....
Shead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
Wrong section, yes but still, that's bullshit.

Too bad the owner didn't shoot the police dog instead.

How the fuck does Thiessen (RCMP spokesman), know the pitty attacked the police dog? Oh right, the cops who shot it dead said so. The same cops who were trespassing and decided to shoot the other dog.

Too bad for the family and both dogs. I hope they get a huge settlement. Those cops are idiots for not letting their presence be known.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
no apologies? how rude
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #6
Ask me about how I answered the question "How fat is TOO fat?"

Thanked 4,122 Times in 1,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Wrong section, yes but still, that's bullshit.

Too bad the owner didn't shoot the police dog instead.

How the fuck does Thiessen (RCMP spokesman), know the pitty attacked the police dog? Oh right, the cops who shot it dead said so. The same cops who were trespassing and decided to shoot the other dog.

Too bad for the family and both dogs. I hope they get a huge settlement. Those cops are idiots for not letting their presence be known.
thats... PITbull shit to be exact

but i agree

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Current
e92 335i 6MT FBO
e90 330i 6MT
Former
e46 330ci 5MT - RIP
uc1 5AT
em2 5MT
db7 5AT - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyota86 View Post
the guys over at lambo vancouver said there are 60-70 pre-orders already. don't quote me though.
The_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #7
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,091 Times in 773 Posts
wow fucking fail.

for once i actually hate the rcmp.
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
heard about this on the news earlier
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:32 PM   #9
Banned By Establishment

sorry, thought i was in VOT. in my old age my eyesight is not how it used to be. haha
Old 12-24-2009, 12:49 AM   #10
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
I'd shoot him too. His music is fucking annoying.

You guys have to think about how expensive it is to breed a Police dog. It's not cheap, and if I spent that much time and money on a dog and have it get bitten in the throat, I'd shoot that other dog too.

One dog helps the community by finding suspects and is useful.
The other eats, shits, and sleeps all day.

I love dogs, and I feel sorry for the owner, but what if the Pitbull really DID attack the Police dog, and you're all buying into the media hype about RCMP brutality again?
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-24-2009, 12:59 AM   #11
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
I'd shoot him too. His music is fucking annoying.

You guys have to think about how expensive it is to breed a Police dog. It's not cheap, and if I spent that much time and money on a dog and have it get bitten in the throat, I'd shoot that other dog too.

One dog helps the community by finding suspects and is useful.
The other eats, shits, and sleeps all day.

I love dogs, and I feel sorry for the owner, but what if the Pitbull really DID attack the Police dog, and you're all buying into the media hype about RCMP brutality again?
Because it's irresponsible of the RCMP to run around people's yards during a training exercise without proper notification.
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #12

Quote:

It would be a totally different story if the cops had permission to be there or it was a case of them being in an emergency situation. It was a training exercise and negligent on their part to be there unannounced.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 12-24-2009, 02:04 AM   #13
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
It would be a totally different story if the cops had permission to be there or it was a case of them being in an emergency situation. It was a training exercise and negligent on their part to be there unannounced.
From what I've read here I'd guess that the officers in question probably thought that notification had been provided to the area that they would be training there. Fault of the system, not the officers themselves.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:15 AM   #14
Banned (ABWS)

whats the lifespan of a pitbull anyways
fishing666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:01 AM   #15
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Probably as long as they can go without tearing the face off of a toddler.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #16
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
sigh, RIP to the pitbull, and i hope the police dog is ok.

all dogs, no matter what temperment, can be trained. we have like 3 or 4 pitbulls in our neighborhood. my next door neighbor has one, and is the sweetest most docile, timid dog you would ever meet. she knows to visit me when im working in my garage because she knows i keep a container of doggy biscuits around. Titan (my dog), his best friend Keizer is a pitbull. He's a dominant dog, and always powns my dog, but they are friends, should watch them play, its hilarious!

its all about how the owner trains and treats their dog. if u dont train them, ignore them, they can and will be viscious.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:02 AM   #17
RS controls my life!

Wow, can't believe everyone buys all the negative stories about the RCMP. Ya, let's base our opinion of a whole organization out there risking their lives for us everyday off of a few bad media stories (I say few because in proportion, it's not really that many). Stop buying into all of this media propoganda, pull your heads out of your asses and actually take a look at all the amazing things that the police (not just RCMP) do for us as a society, and for individuals..... but I guess that will be hard because that would take ACTUAL research as "good news" doesn't make for good news. From a more neutral story that I read about this, there was no fence, so the pitbull would have gotten at the police dog regardless. Plus police dogs never attack unless told to. Why would they not have shot the pitbull? Learn to train your dog properly and keep it under control.
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:43 AM   #18
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
Wow, can't believe everyone buys all the negative stories about the RCMP. Ya, let's base our opinion of a whole organization out there risking their lives for us everyday off of a few bad media stories (I say few because in proportion, it's not really that many). Stop buying into all of this media propoganda, pull your heads out of your asses and actually take a look at all the amazing things that the police (not just RCMP) do for us as a society, and for individuals..... but I guess that will be hard because that would take ACTUAL research as "good news" doesn't make for good news. From a more neutral story that I read about this, there was no fence, so the pitbull would have gotten at the police dog regardless. Plus police dogs never attack unless told to. Why would they not have shot the pitbull? Learn to train your dog properly and keep it under control.

Anyone who has a job with as much authority and power as a police officer needs to be monitored, the media related stories to recent rcmp failures are perfectly legit in this case the police walked into someones yard who had let their dog out to take a piss and then shot the home owners dog. How is this anyone fault other than the rcmp? Even if the system didn't send out notices it was supposed to? Can you imagine if it had been someone's kid playing in the back yard and all of a sudden a police dog comes into the yard. The blame lies with the rcmp not the home owner who had his dog murdered.
twixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #19
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixxer View Post
Anyone who has a job with as much authority and power as a police officer needs to be monitored, the media related stories to recent rcmp failures are perfectly legit in this case the police walked into someones yard who had let their dog out to take a piss and then shot the home owners dog. How is this anyone fault other than the rcmp? Even if the system didn't send out notices it was supposed to? Can you imagine if it had been someone's kid playing in the back yard and all of a sudden a police dog comes into the yard. The blame lies with the rcmp not the home owner who had his dog murdered.
1: The kid wouldn't bite the dog in the neck
2: If said kid did fuck with the dog and threaten it's life, it's free game. The dog would probably maul the kid before the cops had a chance to do anything.

If #2 did happen, the Media would blame the cops, again. But it's okay to put down the Police dog because it's just an "animal" and the kid is a Human. Funny how our Society always puts the blame on whoever is easier. It's never the Loveable pet, the "He was a Good Kid", the Civilian, etc. It's always the one that isn't loved by all.

Did you guys ever think that the Police Dog is ALSO a pet?
What about the Dog Trainer who's dog is now hurt because somebody's "Loveable Pet" decided to play Alpha Dog and attack it?

Last edited by SpuGen; 12-24-2009 at 07:18 AM.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:30 AM   #20
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

Quote:
2: If said kid did fuck with the dog and threaten it's life, it's free game. The dog would probably maul the kid before the cops had a chance to do anything.

If #2 did happen, the Media would blame the cops, again. But it's okay to put down the Police dog because it's just an "animal" and the kid is a Human. Funny how our Society always puts the blame on whoever is easier. It's never the Loveable pet, the "He was a Good Kid", the Civilian, etc. It's always the one that isn't loved by all.

What about the Dog Trainer who's dog is now hurt because somebody's "Loveable Pet" decided to play Alpha Dog and attack it?
I am not going to take a side in the argument but you cannot honestly believe that the police were not responsible for this incident. I am pretty sure the pitbull was just defending the home since strangers had entered it's owners property. It is unfortunate that it had to end up this way but I feel it was the RCMP's responsibility to inform individuals of the training.
Jsunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:02 AM   #21
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,253 Times in 1,618 Posts
so that's why there was a dead pitbull on tv last night....

sad story, this is why we have "beware of dog" signs clearly visible around the house (probably 2-3 signs). i really hope that none of you are basing your opinions on this story around: a) the dog being a pitbull or b) the rcmp's bad reputation lately.

i can see there are arguments for both sides, but in the end the RCMP are wrong here.

no notice was sent to the neighbourhood. a family member (i say this because dogs aren't mere pets, people love them like kids) was killed for the sake of a practice drill. and the dog did what ANY dog would do to intruders on it's property, PROTECT it.

pitbulls especially are very territorial and defensive of their home/owners. yes they can be trained but don't forget, a pitbull will kill for you.

simply put, the RCMP were wrong for showing up unannounced. had their been due notice about the training exercise w/ police dogs, i for one would have been extremely careful with my own dog on that day.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-24-2009, 09:12 AM   #22
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

both dogs were doing there job, pitbull was defending its property like it was probably trained to do, police dog was doing its training. I dont think the police officers themselves are at fault. I believe the communication system is at fault, the residents should have been notified. Its sad to see a dog had to die because of a lack of communication.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
They should take a lesson from Peter Parker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKmQW7JTb6s

RSUV #7
Old 12-24-2009, 09:31 AM   #24
Banned By Establishment

Quote:

say the dog entered the yard and there was a child, if the dog bit the child or even scratched him/her, with your logic i assume you'd say its the parents fault for not being an inch from the child ?
Old 12-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #25
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by static View Post
say the dog entered the yard and there was a child, if the dog bit the child or even scratched him/her, with your logic i assume you'd say its the parents fault for not being an inch from the child ?

LOL exactly, i read his post and reread and then decided forget it.
twixxer is offline   Reply With Quote