REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
16 year old Veteran UPS driver accused of stealing $40000 worth of customers packages

Video is dead.

Quote:

FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- A 16-year United Parcel Service veteran is accused of stealing packages.

At least one UPS employee at the shipping company's Fairfield distribution center apparently took part in the theft of more than $40,000 worth of packages since April, police said.

Authorities on Wednesday booked Fairfield resident Ronald P. Lozano, 38, into jail in Solano County on suspicion of grand theft, possession of stolen property and embezzlement.

Investigators said items stolen include video games, laptop computers, cell phones and iPods. Pilfered packages involved both private-party purchases as well as those meant for retail stores, police said.

Police said Lozano was arrested in the 200 block of Travis Boulevard after surveillance.

A search warrant was served at a residence in the 4900 block of Ridgefield Circle in Fairfield after Lozano's arrest. About $8,000 worth of stolen merchandise, including computers and video game systems, was recovered from the residence, police said.

Lozano is now on leave from his job pending termination.

The arrest came after an investigation by Faifield police and UPS security agents.
Advertisement

Last edited by Harvey Specter; 12-26-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

should be shot.
Meister1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
not surprised at all

my mailman is realllllllly fishy (for various reasons)

and my friends a mailman says ppl steal and even take days off all the time (they keep the mail and just go home and deliver it the next day etc)
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:56 AM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
damn
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:01 AM   #5
Circle Stick Square Mod

im glad my canada post mailman is cool lol(talked to him a couple of times)

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:04 AM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

I know my mailman the mofucka is crazy, walks in the snow with his shorts on.
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:34 AM   #7
Rs has made me the man i am today!

still can't beat ups brokerage fees... that's pure legal theft
Old 12-25-2009, 08:03 AM   #8
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
I've had shit go missing with UPS. Small items that aren't worth investigating.

BTW, the guy is not 16 years old as the thread title suggests.

16 year veteran, UPS driver.............

Just being picky on this special day. Perhaps he was a 16 year old who served in the war........... OK, I'll just shutup.

god bless
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

i was wondering how a 16 y/o could be a veteran UPS driver haha
JKam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #10
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,634 Posts
damn.. that's messed up and clever at the same time O_O
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
how much do ups drivers make on avg? 30-38k?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
Need to Seek Professional Help

when the bakery ppl said "YEAAAAAAAA"

im pretty sure they asked them: "does this man look like a child molester?"
LOL

misleading title bro...
danizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #13
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKam View Post
i was wondering how a 16 y/o could be a veteran UPS driver haha
He must have started when he was about 10 years old.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #14
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
how much do ups drivers make on avg? 30-38k?
I think around the 40k mark, not really sure.

I have an idea of how he did it too.
Spaceship_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #15
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
thats fucked.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:22 PM   #16
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

i hate my mail women , some days ill have zero mail which is pretty suspicious then all of a sudden i got the whole box full , lazy bitch
Avery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #17
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

I think 35-40K avg (pending on shifts and what not) is their starting or close to starting?
I know they can make more.

Gf's friend is a UPS driver and he makes well over that.
maxxxboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 03:48 PM   #18
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
The UPS driver in my area is an old highschool friend and every time he comes by to drop anything off he's bitching about the hours and his boss. He said if you work over a year or something you can join the union and your pay goes up to just under $30/hr but the year or whatever you work before joining the union is a bitch.

And the mailman in my area is awesome. The guy must be 50 years old, not sure what country he's from because he was a heavy accent but he's super friendly and always has a smile on his face.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #19
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
most misleading thread title of 2009
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-25-2009, 04:26 PM   #20
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

My buddy works for ups. Just makes under $30 an hour
Posted via RS Mobile
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #21
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude_2_NV View Post
I think around the 40k mark, not really sure.

I have an idea of how he did it too.
they explained how he did it in the video...
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #22
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
lol thats quite the scheme
Old 12-25-2009, 04:41 PM   #23
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery View Post
i hate my mail women , some days ill have zero mail which is pretty suspicious then all of a sudden i got the whole box full , lazy bitch
you hate your carrier bc somedays you dont have mail and other days you box is full? what sort of fucked up reason is that? guess what genius she has no control over how much mail is processed for her route. If the ppl working at the processing plant have a slow day, that will be reflected in the amount of mail the carrier has for her route and possibly for your house. Just bc the volume of mail fluctuates doesnt mean she is a lazy bitch and "suspicious"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
not surprised at all

my mailman is realllllllly fishy (for various reasons)

and my friends a mailman says ppl steal and even take days off all the time (they keep the mail and just go home and deliver it the next day etc)

that was pretty common in the older days where the carriers could get away with shit like that. Now adays you try and pull that stunt and you will get canned. Mgmt is ruthless. Although the "security" process is still quite a joke. No arguement with you there.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #24
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon.ek9 View Post
they explained how he did it in the video...
Yes, but it doesn't make sense.

If you actually "deliver" a package, the recipient cannot claim insurance on it since it was "delivered" by the courier. They stated that he would make the deliveries and the recipient would be in on it.

When you order a package and it is shipped by one of the larger courier companies, you get tracking information. This is monitored thoroughly by you the recipient and the company. For example: you order tires through tire rack.
You get the tracking number information and it states when it was picked up at the warehouse. Then it should state that it is at the sorting facility, then onto the next truck/train etc. When it arrives at the destination warehouse, lets say Richmond, it should have a scan stating that. When the news reporter states that the theif would steal it before it goes on his truck, this is where he thought he would be smart. He probably did not scan it into his van because when you track your package, it should say "scanned into delivery vehicle" before the delivery scan.
It is very easy for the company to pinpoint as to whom the theif would be because these packages would just arrive at the sorting warehouse then all of a sudden have a delivery scan. Know what I mean?
Spaceship_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #25
Dip Dip Dip Dip Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude_2_NV View Post
Yes, but it doesn't make sense.

If you actually "deliver" a package, the recipient cannot claim insurance on it since it was "delivered" by the courier. They stated that he would make the deliveries and the recipient would be in on it.

When you order a package and it is shipped by one of the larger courier companies, you get tracking information. This is monitored thoroughly by you the recipient and the company. For example: you order tires through tire rack.
You get the tracking number information and it states when it was picked up at the warehouse. Then it should state that it is at the sorting facility, then onto the next truck/train etc. When it arrives at the destination warehouse, lets say Richmond, it should have a scan stating that. When the news reporter states that the theif would steal it before it goes on his truck, this is where he thought he would be smart. He probably did not scan it into his van because when you track your package, it should say "scanned into delivery vehicle" before the delivery scan.
It is very easy for the company to pinpoint as to whom the theif would be because these packages would just arrive at the sorting warehouse then all of a sudden have a delivery scan. Know what I mean?

some of what was said in that news clip didnt make sense. In regards to canada post, when the parcels arrive in richmond are keyed out for delivery (it doesnt matter if its on the island or mainland or wherever) you will see the large canada post express post bar code (or priority courier etc) as well as a little sticker on the side of the box that will indicate the same number as the tracking number along with a smaller barcode and a route number (ex. 445)

That parcel is keyed to that specific route (445) and belongs to the letter carrier/parcel driver until it is delivered. If the driver doesnt scan it out in the morning before delivery, there will be a loss of contact between the parcel arriving at a particular depot for delivery and its final desination, so it could easily go missing there as it will show in the tracking details that its sitting at a particular postal depot awaiting delivery.

the other place it could easily go missing is if the parcel does not require a signature. If it does require a signature, then we have to go up to your door, knock, wait for you to open and get a sig before releasing the package. If it does not require a sig, then we can do whats called a "safe drop" and we can leave it at your front step, or in your car port, in the bbq or mailbox or whatever.

If someone sees us dropping a package off as a safe drop, they can easily just walk over to it, grab it and be on their merry way. Its not rocket science.

but generally most carriers esp around xmas time wont do safe drops no matter how safe the neighbourhood is. only takes one person to fuck it up.

so if i can give you guys a word of advice. when ur ordering a package and its being delivered through canada post, fedex, ups whatever, mark on the shipping option "do not safe drop" and if you can make it a signature required delivery. More of a pain in the ass for us, but it ensures you get your stuffs.

88 CRX - Turbo AWD
03 G35- HKS GT Supercharged - Toy
03 Cummins 2500 - Tow Rig/ Money maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashMan View Post
think befro you type
Super Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: