REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
James Cameron (avatar/titanic director) calls fan "@sshole, etc" won't sign Autograph

video here

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=t...9-d84a40f5864c

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/25/james-...-hole-dispute/

Quote:
James Cameron, the director of new-release Avatar called an autograph-seeker a "f--king a--hole" at the Los Angeles airport.

Cameron's comment to the man, who wanted an Avatar poster signed, led to a spat between the two.

The autograph-hunter said to the Canadian-born Cameron: "I'm an a--hole because I ask someone I admire for their autograph that makes me an a--hole? I make $15-an-hour at work to go see your film and I'm an a--hole?"

Cameron also directed Titanic, and Terminator 2.

The video was released on entertainment website TMZ.com.

The video can be seen here.
© Copyright (c) The Province

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Vide...808/story.html

The fan catches him coming off a plane and tells him he's got the whole cast and just needs Cameron to complete his autographs, and that he's a big fan etc

the moment Cameron gets off the plane he was just like "no" before the guy opens his mouth and ignores him,swears,etc

i think its pretty pathetic tbh, of cameron makes me not want to go watch/experience Avatar
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Wow, what an asshole
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
My homepage has been set to RS

Definitely a bitch move
Quote:
Originally posted by phatboyWhat about the 2nd period?
flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,967 Times in 290 Posts
wow not even for an autograph? fucking douche

UNCE UNCE UNCE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykn View Post
Comparing A&B with deadmau5? Really? I should fucking slap you

2007 Acura TL
2005 Acura TL....RIP
2003 Honda Accord Coupe V6....RIP
tonyvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
LOOK AT ME I NEED ATTENTION LOOK AT ME LOOK LOOK LOOK

Only stupid people jump to conclusions before hearing both sides of the story or a story with no supporting evidence.

I highly doubt a professional of Cameron's caliber would call a stranger an asshole for no reason.

My guess is that the fan waited outside for a long time for Cameron to sign his stupid poster but when Cameron appeared he ignored him. The fan then continued to pester for Cameron's signature and that's when Cameron (irritated as a result of a busy schedule) got annoyed and called the loser out. This loser then subsequently went to tell his adventure-of-a-lifetime to every gossip magazine that would listen.
dread604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-26-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
^^^^^ did u bother watching the video?
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Avatar was a huge disappointment to me. For such an enormous budget, and the portrayal of such a sensitive matter (portarying the marginalization of indigenous peoples), I truly expected more. The plot was disgustingly predictable, character development was close to null, and further injections of cheesy one liners further spoiled the brilliant computer graphics.
The newspaper reviews had said this from the get go and I went in hoping they were wrong, but it was even worse than I expected.
Predictably, most of my friends who barely speak English came away drooling over the CGI, as well as some other simpleton friends.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Hmm, I woulda knocked him out.
Old 12-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #9
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
That autograph was destined for eBay from the start. The fan was literally pestering Cameron. Take a hint. Walk away.

If the autograph is really that important to you find another opportunity to get it. For the avid collector (who don't want to sell it on eBay while the movie is still on top) it'd be worth it to get it a few months down the road when Cameron isn't being stretched in all directions by the press and his fans.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #10
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dread604 View Post
Only stupid people jump to conclusions before hearing both sides of the story or a story with no supporting evidence.

I highly doubt a professional of Cameron's caliber would call a stranger an asshole for no reason.

My guess is that the fan waited outside for a long time for Cameron to sign his stupid poster but when Cameron appeared he ignored him. The fan then continued to pester for Cameron's signature and that's when Cameron (irritated as a result of a busy schedule) got annoyed and called the loser out. This loser then subsequently went to tell his adventure-of-a-lifetime to every gossip magazine that would listen.
did you even watch the video?
the guy was completely respectful. He waited outside and asked him nicely. followed him a little to beg for his autograph?

Busy schedule? he was waiting for his ride outside the airport for a good ~60 seconds..

clearly you are mistaken my friend.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:12 PM   #11
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
That autograph was destined for eBay from the start. The fan was literally pestering Cameron. Take a hint. Walk away.

If the autograph is really that important to you find another opportunity to get it. For the avid collector (who don't want to sell it on eBay while the movie is still on top) it'd be worth it to get it a few months down the road when Cameron isn't being stretched in all directions by the press and his fans.
lol what an assumption. the autograph was destined for ebay from the start... please

the guy probably waited outside the airport for cameron for a couple of hours. the autograph was important to him which is why he was there.

and it didn't seem like anyone else was bothering him. Geese, i'm sure if you were a big HollyWood Celeb you'd probably do the same thing...
I also understand that people probably ask Cameron for an autograph everyday... but you're a celebrity.. that comes with the territory.
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #12
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 13,521 Times in 1,745 Posts
Why would you pay to see avatar in the first place? Some blue retarded human size ants running around and taking a shit? sounds pretty shitty.

marklar ftw
Old 12-26-2009, 07:36 PM   #13
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dread604 View Post

i like how you state stupid people jump to conclusions and then you go ahead and create your own conclusion
Drizzt Do'Urden is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #14
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
The only asshole in this video was the guy looking to make a quick buck on selling a poster signed by the entire cast. Cameron did a great job by not contributing to it. Fuck that guy and his bullshit story, he probably hasn't even seen the movie
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
The only asshole in this video was the guy looking to make a quick buck on selling a poster signed by the entire cast. Cameron did a great job by not contributing to it. Fuck that guy and his bullshit story, he probably hasn't even seen the movie
You don't know this guy so don't make assumptions.

Last edited by PavelGTR; 12-26-2009 at 08:47 PM.
PavelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #16
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts
uh oh, somebody called another somebody an asshole. lets all not watch his movie to show our disdain because were all a little butthurt and offended.
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #17
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,817 Times in 8,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livre View Post
You don't know this guy so don't make assumptions.
I assume he's an asshole, you assume he's a huge fan of "Avatar". One of us is right (most likely me) but in the end we're both making assumptions. So I don't see why you would tell others that they can't make assumptions while you can.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I assume he's an asshole, you assume he's a huge fan of "Avatar". One of us is right (most likely me) but in the end we're both making assumptions. So I don't see why you would tell others that they can't make assumptions while you can.
I'm not making any assumptions. What I am saying is maybe we should get both sides of the story instead of saying hes an asshole right away.
PavelGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:59 PM   #19
Banned (ABWS)

who really gives a shit?
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #20
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
dont give a shit, i still like the movie
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #21
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,634 Posts
^ x2
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #22
I subscribe to Revscene

i would be arrogant too if i was a big time movie director
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #23
LOOK AT ME I NEED ATTENTION LOOK AT ME LOOK LOOK LOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
did you even watch the video?
the guy was completely respectful. He waited outside and asked him nicely. followed him a little to beg for his autograph?

Busy schedule? he was waiting for his ride outside the airport for a good ~60 seconds..

clearly you are mistaken my friend.

The video first shows the fan waiting outside and when Cameron appears he asks for a signature. Cameron tries to ignore him. Did you not notice Cameron's hands were full? He's obviously busy going somewhere and doesn't want to be bothered.

Then the video cuts and we see the loser continuing to pester Cameron again. This is when Cameron calls the guy out.

Maybe you, and the other members that failed me are like this fan who have nothing better to do but to stand outside airports (or whatever) for hours waiting for some stupid signature. Cameron is a busy person and even if he wasn't in a rush he obviously doesn't like hordes of strangers/paparazzi following him wherever he goes. He tried to ignore the stupid fan but he wouldn't leave. That would piss anyone off. This fan is an asshole and if I were in a similar situation I would be even more direct and tell him to Fuck off.
dread604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #24
resident Oil Guru

Thanked 10,457 Times in 1,794 Posts
If a person makes a movie like Avatar, you can let some shit slide. James Cameron made this movie and it entertained me for 2.5 hours. Made Terminator and loved that too.

Some useless fan crying about how he got yelled at by him. Do not really care that much. You have no idea what its like to get followed and pestered constantly. This dude was probably like the 51315th person to do the same thing.

Quote:
The autograph-hunter said to the Canadian-born Cameron: "I'm an a--hole because I ask someone I admire for their autograph that makes me an a--hole? I make $15-an-hour at work to go see your film and I'm an a--hole?"
This guy is a plain retard. He'd not an asshole bc he's a 15$ balla. He's an asshole because he was being an annoying prick.

Quote:
The man went back to Cameron and asked again to which James replied, "I don't owe you a f**king signature ... just get out of my f**king personal space."
No matter how you spin it, Cameron is dead on. He owes no one anything. And he's entitled to his personal space.

Its not like this was a little child asking for a signature, which would be adored. Just another ebay rat trying to make a quick buck. Now he's got his 15 mins of fame.

Some people need to learn. No means no.

Last edited by LiquidTurbo; 12-26-2009 at 10:18 PM.
LiquidTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:45 PM   #25
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
.......so how was the movie? im getting mixed reviews
i hate movies with predictable plots but the cg work looks like its worth the watch
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote