REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:23 PM   #26
I'll be good I promise.

Thanked 1,551 Times in 329 Posts
hump your pillows! it helps!

Kim Jong Un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #27
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Then you should look into the supplements that I mentioned. Just don't take them all at once

Start with DMAE, supplemented with Choline. Good shit!
yeah I've looked into melatonin. Tried that for a while. I stopped taking it cuz my sleep patterns was all over the place, but I'd probably try it again if i had a stable sleep schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
do you practice dreaming lucidly? or try to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
I have tried, but never found the 'tricks' to work very well. They just come when they come, which luckily for me is quite often
yeah I was trying to. I've only had a handful and they never last too long.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:00 AM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
sleep with the boyfriend.

It works, at least for my girlfriend.
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:08 AM   #29
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
^its odd, but I find I don't sleep as deeply when I'm sharing a bed with someone. Only ever been able to fall asleep super deeply with one person, and sadly he lives in California.

Though on a side note, I never found Melatonin or 5-HTP to give me clearer or more vivid dreams. I guess it's all dependent on the person?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:36 AM   #30
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
How much do you take?

For melatonin, you can go up to 6mg pretty easily. Just don't take it too late at night.

For 5-HTP, 300mg is where it's at.

Whatever you do, don't take them both at once at these doses.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:22 AM   #31

When I was taking them, I was taking 9mg (3mg pills, 3 per night). I ran out a little while ago and haven't had the money to go get more, so I've stopped taking them for now.

5-HTP I was taking 1 pill a day (I think it was 100mg) to help with my depression since I was refusing to take anti-depressants.

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 01-07-2010, 04:31 AM   #32

Holy crap 9mg, must knock you straight out!

For 5-HTP, try 300mg right before bed. It will help with depression the next day. Maybe work your way up, and remember not to take it with anything else, especially melatonin (which can cause serotonin overload) or vitamin B6 (which will cause it to convert to serotonin before it reaches the brain, which is not good long term)
Old 01-07-2010, 04:50 AM   #33

Actually it didn't. My body gets used to medicines and herbs really quick and they stop working after a while.

If I can find my pills, I'll hop back on the 5-htp. Winter is even worse for me, especially right now since my room currently gets NO sunlight due to the window weather stripping being non-existent, so I have something covering it to keep my room warmer.

What does serotonin overload do? I've been warned about it, especially since I used to do ectasy and was warmed by a few people not to overdo the 5-htp the next day.

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #34

In terms of how it feels? Imagine your brain vibrating at a certain frequency, so you can hear it ringing in your ears, and you wake up feeling like you are literally floating in the air, and your head is going to literally explode.

It's pretty disorienting and can be dangerous. I didn't know what was causing it at first, but eventually figured out. I'm not sure exactly how severe it was, but it was definitely happening so I would recommend avoiding it if possible.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #35

Ew creepy. I definitely do not want to experience that. I've done the opposite of that and remember how not fun it was. Thanks for the warning

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:11 PM   #36
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
lol i once took sleeping pills and i dreamt about myself taking sleeping pills and when i fell asleep in my dream i woke up
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #37
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
I had a dream about miss_crayon.
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #38
Director of RS Cares

so to update everyone with the sleeping situation, it's not any better despite being super tired from work and class. still haven't taken the blood test cause i'm a pussy so i'm sure i'm either gonna ef up my body in the long run (cause i'll never know if it IS a thyroid problem) or just have to deal with these nightmares for the rest of my life.

i tried sleeping pills once but i'm not into taking pills if i don't have to. plus i tend to have an addictive personality so i'd probably end up relying on them which is what i don't want.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:49 PM   #39

So do I, and I honestly haven't relied on them at all. I would just woman up and get the blood tests done missy this is your health, it's not to be joked around with.

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 01-10-2010, 07:01 AM   #40
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
my god! you're still having this problem? get the damned blood test performed, girl
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #41
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
I wouldn't be popping so much melatonin... that's crazy.

I popped 6mg a few times and I felt... really weird, like dreamy but in real life. of course knocked me right out.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #42

Some people have higher tolerance, although I learned the hard way not to take 300mg of 5htp after not having taken it for a while. It was like a mild e high without the drug part or the after effects.

Quote:
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #43

I told you to work your way up!

You also build a tolerance for 5-htp, and when that happens it may be hard to sleep without it for a couple nights.