REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 12-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Non-Nike Team Canada hockey jerseys

I know that in the last decade or so Nike holds the rights to make the Team Canada hockey jerseys. Can someone point me in the right direction to find a vintage or non-Nike Team Canada hockey jersey?
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2009, 11:12 PM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Is it a certain jersey design you're looking for or do you just want a jersey without a Nike logo. Here are some vintage ones that come to mind. Sometimes, when you buy a reprint vintage jersey, they will still have nike logos on them even if they didn't have them back in the day.

this one is so badass

mos_skeeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:29 PM   #3
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
the 98 nagano ones were from nike bauer
the early versions said bauer, but the later ones were nike bauer
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Nike Bauer didn't merge until 2006 and both logos have never appeared on a jersey at the same time. The only way to get a non-Nike jersey is to look at the usual second-hand places (Craigslist, eBay, etc.) but they are RARE to come by.

I just picked up a 98 Nagano Canada (Bauer) jersey after continuously coming across the Nike counterpart worn at World JRs and World Championships. Now I'm just looking for a place that can guarantee the correct fonts and numbering on it.

Is there a reason why you don't want a Nike jersey? Which brand or era jersey are you looking for? Adidas, Reebok (by Tackla), CCM?
Old 01-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
canada team jersey always reminds me of petro canada
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:47 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

After some research, I think the last run of Bauer jerseys were in 98-99. I found a few on eBay but wasn't around a computer when the auction ended.

I'm just not a big advocator of Nike (a different conversation for another time). Looking for the traditional "Hockey Canada" logo on a white jersey. Prefer to be Bauer or CCM, depending on era as you mentioned. In the end I might bite the bullet and get the new 2010 jersey. It's more important I show my support for my country then be all picky about who manufactures my jersey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickz View Post
Nike Bauer didn't merge until 2006 and both logos have never appeared on a jersey at the same time. The only way to get a non-Nike jersey is to look at the usual second-hand places (Craigslist, eBay, etc.) but they are RARE to come by.

I just picked up a 98 Nagano Canada (Bauer) jersey after continuously coming across the Nike counterpart worn at World JRs and World Championships. Now I'm just looking for a place that can guarantee the correct fonts and numbering on it.

Is there a reason why you don't want a Nike jersey? Which brand or era jersey are you looking for? Adidas, Reebok (by Tackla), CCM?
Old 01-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

There's a 1998 Nagano Gretzky Jersey X-Large on eBay right now for $150. It's great if you're looking for something that everybody's not going to have and if it actually fits you. But keep in mind Bauer was bought out in 1994 and I believe started coming out with Canada jerseys in 1995 so there are no Canada jerseys that are truly Bauer without Nike.