REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Facebook fugitive taunts British police, has 3,800 Facebook friends

Quote:
LONDON - An escaped British prisoner is taunting police and attracting a growing Internet fan base from his Facebook profile, mocking authorities for failing to find him and openly musing about moving across the Atlantic.

But police say the convicted burglar's antics on the popular social networking site haven't gone unnoticed and have appealed to his more than 3,800 Facebook friends to help track him down.

Craig "Lazie" Lynch, 28, escaped from the minimum-security Hollesley Bay Prison near the village of Woodbridge in southern England three months ago. Since then, he's been regularly updating his Facebook page with ungrammatical digs at police, as well as pictures showing him holding a "wanted" sign or making obscene gestures at the camera.

"i aint handin myself in," Lynch wrote in one post Tuesday. "why am i going to do their job for them. What do they get payed for. And does anyone have a cannon, i need firing over the atlantic."

Lynch's Facebook page is clogged with hundreds of messages from well-wishers, although a few occasionally write in to remind fans that they're cheering for a criminal. Police said that Lynch had been serving a seven-year sentence for committing a burglary with a weapon, but did not go into detail.

For his part, Lynch's updates typically center on what he's eating — pizza was recently on the menu — as well as complaints about the number of messages he gets from all over the world. His profile pictures show him shirtless while holding a well-roasted turkey.

"if any of you was doubtin my freedom. Here's proof," he explains. "How the (expletive) could i get my hands on a bird like this in jail. ha ha."

Lynch's Internet stardom has spawned several fan groups (and some hate groups) as well as customized T-shirts and even a song in Lynch's honor.

Fans have flooded his page with praise for his daring, but Suffolk Constabulary spokeswoman Anne-Marie Breach said there was nothing spectacular about Lynch's escape from the prison where he was held — a converted college on the English coast that she said had only minimal security.

"Basically it's an open prison," she said, calling it a place inmates "can virtually walk out of."

Despite the reference to going abroad, Breach said police believed that Lynch was still in Britain. She added that police were keeping close tabs on Lynch's updates.

"Everyone else is," she said.
Quote:
Here's his facebook profile;

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000517108352

Quote:
Latest update:

Craig 'lazy' Lynch BAD NEWS. POLICE HAVE JUST TOWED TWO OF MY VEHICLES AWAY ON TRUCKS AND RANSACKED MY BUSINESS AND CONFISCATED ALL MATERIALS NEEDED TO RUN BUSINESS. STATING TO ONE OF MY EMPLOYEES THAT THE MONEY FROM MY BUSINESS IS FUNDING MY LAVISH LIFESTYLE WHILST ON THE RUN.THIS IS BOLLOX.AND THEY KNOW IT THEY THINK THIS IS GOING TO C...RIPPLE ME THE FOOLS.I CAN TELL U ALL NOW.I WAS GOING TO HAND MYSELF IN 15TH JAN WELL NOT NOW CUNTS
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,634 Posts
lol wtf? what a retard thinking he's so smart for walking out of a minimum security prison. if they catch him, guaranteed the cops will let him get raped
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:48 PM   #3
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

^^

uh thats pretty sick, to walk away from a 7 year jail sentence.
WingHang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #4
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,279 Times in 1,634 Posts
Quote:
Fans have flooded his page with praise for his daring, but Suffolk Constabulary spokeswoman Anne-Marie Breach said there was nothing spectacular about Lynch's escape from the prison where he was held — a converted college on the English coast that she said had only minimal security.

"Basically it's an open prison," she said, calling it a place inmates "can virtually walk out of."
right.
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:26 AM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

added.
dizzystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:49 AM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
pretty hilarious
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:53 AM   #7
Da Vinci's real masterpiece: The Mona Diesel

He should've just done his term in full. Now his gonna get fucked with a longer sentence and a higher security prison.
Jsunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Well, it's pretty obvious he's not that smart.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:22 PM   #9
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
This guy is obviously a faggot. Look at how he is posing.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:45 AM   #10
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
His page got deleted.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:13 AM   #11
Banned By Establishment

Wonder why the cops can't trace him through his IP address.
Onassis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #12
Female Driven

he's prob moving around and posting through different computers, or they actually just don't care
FI-Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #13
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Congrats for walking out of a min security prison it takes a genius to do that.....this guy is stupid now when they catch him they will add on time and there will be no chance of him getting back into min security. It will be max security for him for the remainder of his sentence
Old 01-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #14
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
this should go under the fucked up shit that makes you laugh thread
Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #15
My homepage has been set to RS

minimum security prison or not, 7 years is worth running away for dont you guys think?
yellowpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #16
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowpower View Post
minimum security prison or not, 7 years is worth running away for dont you guys think?
not if you get caught and have to do much longer time.

plus, what kind of life would you have if you're in hiding all the time?
kychesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:13 AM   #17
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
^ i rather be running from place to place than hole up in a sausage feast jail for 7 yrs.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote