REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Breaking News: Rush Limbaugh taken to hospital in serious condition

Quote:
AP
updated 4 minutes ago

Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh was taken to a hospital with chest pains on Wednesday, a Honolulu television station reported.

Paramedics responded to a call at 2:41 p.m. from the Kahala Hotel and Resort where Limbaugh is vacationing, KITV reported. The station, citing unnamed sources, said Limbaugh was taken to The Queens Medical Center in serious condition.

Queens spokeswoman N. Makana Shook says the hospital is unable to comment on the report.

Emergency Medical Services spokesman Bryan Cheplic said paramedics took a male of unknown age to an area hospital from the Kahala Hotel and Resort. He said he had no further information.

Limbaugh was seen golfing at Waialae Country Club earlier this week, KITV said. The country club is next to the Kahala hotel.

For guest privacy reasons, hotel spokeswoman Sheila Donnelly Theroux said she was unable to acknowledge that Limbaugh is a guest.

Previous health problems
Limbaugh reported about eight years ago that he had lost most of his hearing, saying it was caused by an autoimmune inner-ear disease. He had surgery to have an electronic device placed in his skull to restore his hearing.

In 2006, he faced a single charge involving prescription fraud after a three-year investigation of drug use. Under a plea deal, the charge was dropped in return for Limbaugh continuing treatment.

Prosecutors began investigating Limbaugh in 2003 after The National Enquirer reported his housekeeper’s allegations that he had abused OxyContin and other painkillers. He soon took a five-week leave from his radio show to enter a rehabilitation program and acknowledged he had become addicted to pain medication. He blamed it on severe back pain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_limbaugh_hospital
Advertisement
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Boo fucking hoo. He gives Republicans a bad name. I don't even think I could bring myself to be sympathetic to his family if he dies because I worry they're just like him.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I agree. He's basically the poster child for the far right in the US. Most mainstream Republicans aren't that bad and have tried to distance themselves from him but that been said they're also playing both sides because they need the votes in 2010.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote