REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
Ask me why my father is an idiot

might buy a Upass off someone

thinking of buying a Upass off craiglist and was thinking do the transit drivers ever look to see the picture, and how safe is it to buy one and use one and not get caught. anyone here done it before or used someone elses upass. just dont want to pay for month pass, when im not working at the moment but need to get around.
just asking do they really look at the pic

the guy thats selling it to me said he used his roomates upass for the entire summer and didnt get caught since the pic is so small they never bother to look. and if u do get caught just say u took ur roomates upass by mistake
Advertisement
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Old School RS

Thanked 3,103 Times in 942 Posts
First fail.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #3
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,459 Times in 509 Posts
With personal experience with the UPass, I can definitely say that you should be good to go. I took a semester off of SFU, and I ended up using some guy's from UBC (that I found. Shh.) and didn't have any problems.

Just be careful with the transit cops on the skytrain. They're more anal than bus drivers and B-Line fare checkers, and actually look at the picture.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:13 PM   #4

i cant afford the fine , but bus tickets are costing me a lot since im unemployed and need to get around to job search 4 week program everyday with Transistion on w pender.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

smartest thing m5 driver has posted

ill probably be buying upasses off ubc kids for years, the upass fits perfect in my wallet and the face is pretty obscure, i'd recommend getting one off someone wearing glasses in the pic
Old 01-03-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,459 Times in 509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5driver View Post
i cant afford the fine , but bus tickets are costing me a lot since im unemployed and need to get around to job search 4 week program everyday with Transistion on w pender.
In that case, don't do it. Buy a legit bus pass for a month. It will save you a lot of hassle.

Besides, the Olympics are coming up and I'm sure they'll be beefing up transit security, which would only mean higher chances of you getting caught.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by liu13 View Post
smartest thing m5 driver has posted

ill probably be buying upasses off ubc kids for years, the upass fits perfect in my wallet and the face is pretty obscure, i'd recommend getting one off someone wearing glasses in the pic
you done it many times and you never got caught. meaning they dont really check hey.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

nope haven't got caught, haven't even been checked this year yet and i ride the skytrain almost every day
Old 01-03-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
Old School RS

Thanked 3,103 Times in 942 Posts
You guys are unbelievable. How much of a fucking fail at life do you have to be to try and scam a cheaper BUS PASS?
Old 01-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #10
RS controls my life!

If you buy the ones off craigslist its most likely a duplicate from the school, which I believe it does not scan through the bus. I know people usually just flash their Upass and go, but I've been asked on several occasions to scan my Upass in the machine, and the bus driver will double check with the picture as well. Better to stick with a bus pass.
Old 01-03-2010, 04:05 PM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

can you afford the $173 fine?

MY FEEDBACK
Old 01-03-2010, 04:10 PM   #12
Director of RS Cares

If you can't afford to pay the fines (if you are caught)/buy a legit bus pass then that's your probelm. Don't come on RS for tips/advice on how to cheat the effin' system. I'm closing this thread.
Closed Thread