REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 01-04-2010, 08:44 PM   #26
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
I love the site. It's very simple and easy to navigate, however I think integrating some sort of search function would benefit the site greatly.
Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #27
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
^

I agree, it is a great clothing site. It's very clean and easy to use. I wouldn't change a thing because some clothing sites are overloaded with graphics and are very hard to navigate.
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #28
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
I looked over it several times. I would buy from the site.

and like many others have said - search search search!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

You need to put down the measurements for the sizes on your website, sometimes a S can fit like a M or vice versa.
icemiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:46 AM   #30
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemiko View Post
You need to put down the measurements for the sizes on your website, sometimes a S can fit like a M or vice versa.
This is very important IMO. If there is an item that has a false fit, it would be great to see some notices
xeryusx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #31
~~

Yes! I trust this site because you guys are sponsors, and the website is very clean and easy to use. I don't think it's terribly slow either, cause I've never noticed before reading this thread lol

- for the boxing day sale I noticed you guys didn't split up male/female clothing.. so I had to sift through the entire section, but you guys fixed that and changed it for "clearance" yay!

- clothing models! i couldn't pick between sizes so I went on karmaloop to look at pics of people wearing the same brand/piece of clothing... and i hate mannequins

- for some of the close up pics of tees/etc it looks like you stretched the photo out or zoomed in.. and it looks bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam_dan View Post
i briefly checked out your site
although most of your products are not the style that im in the market for, it looks fairly well composed, albeit a little bit confusing in some areas like the filter.

i used to go do other online apparel shopping, and i enjoyed browsing sections like...recommendations, or popular picks
+1
I always like 'bestsellers' best
rien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,600 Times in 542 Posts
I like the site as a whole, although the search function was really annoying to use because you had to pick a bunch of stuff and then search, most sites you could just click on the filter option and it would automatically do it for you.

The site looks pretty professional and whenever I'm looking for new clothes on ssense or nordstrom i'd have the window open as well, but the problem is the selection isn't as much on your site.

I would shop with you guys because you're an RS sponsor and more trustworthy because of it.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #33
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
I love your guys products and deals, especially the $2 tuesday will buy from you guys soon.

For the website, there should be a section for just sale items, as I find it sometimes confusing finding them as i have to scroll through everything.
hotong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #34
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

^^you can filter it out so it shows all sale items.

But almost all of the clothes are discounted already and cheaper then alot of other places.

theblackmarkers FTW
kenny@s2ki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #35
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
The styles at blackmarkers don't really fit with my style

but i did find a bag for my laptop that i liked from (knowledge)

my cousins likes some of your items but your sizes don't normally go up to 2X at least by the time he spots something (items from Mishka)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemiko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeryusx View Post
This is very important IMO. If there is an item that has a false fit, it would be great to see some notices
that is ideal, and get the measurements right (the bag i ordered for my laptop, the manufacturers site didnt even have measurements and you guys went the extra mile to measure the product for me, which was EXCELLENT CS, but they were off by a couple inches so my laptop barely crams into it but still worked out)

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-05-2010 at 06:02 PM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #36
Director of RS Cares

everything i've clicked on so far has given me an error except the blog.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #37
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
i like the way the site is, seems pretty easy to use and find what you're looking for
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #38
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Parker place is a pretty chilling mall but sucks for shopping and confusing as hell new location please!
Gesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:58 AM   #39
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
more convenient than most sites to navigate, and more pictures than most too

thumbs up
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:18 AM   #40
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,336 Times in 198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_crayon View Post
everything i've clicked on so far has given me an error except the blog.
are you a woman?

Last edited by Zyzz; 01-16-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #41
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

The pickup location is not really an ideal location . But decent considering its not the official store
transcendent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #42
RS.net Clothing Vendor

Thanks for all the great feedback guys!

Let's say if we were to have a PICKUP only location at Parker Place, would it make it more attractive to shop from our site?

theBlackMarkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:52 AM   #43
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,788 Times in 979 Posts
- A local pick up location is always good, then people don't think they're getting ripped off on the shipping.

- the site seems to load a liiiittle slow, but it's not unusable (at least not at 4am)

- since theres no 'free shipping over $X', it's sort of a hassle to go all the way to the checkout to find out what the total is. Furthermore, often when a site requires me to register BEFORE even showing me the total, it turns me off. Eg. I don't want to have to register/give my email address just to find out that shipping is outrageous.

- Search could be improved.

- Other than that, the site looks great and professional. Simple design/layout is a winner.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #44
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,107 Times in 271 Posts
To answer the thread title. Yeah sure. The prices are good. One of the few sites for a Vancouver store to actually sell stuff online + pick up.

Only problem I have is the store is all the way in Richmond. Would be awesome if it was in the Vancouver area.
KingDeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #45
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
i dont know if this is the type of feedback you're looking for, but all the brands seem like they were popular 3-5 years ago. kind of like a ghetto karmaloop.
unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:51 PM   #46
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
i dont know if this is the type of feedback you're looking for, but all the brands seem like they were popular 3-5 years ago. kind of like a ghetto karmaloop.
thats only for people that were into street wear before and sort of moved on. Most people that still don't know or are starting to get into it will probably and most likely purchase from them.

One thing i do like that the blackmarkers carry that i cant think of anywhere else that carries it, is 3sixteen, but you guys should carry more of their outerwear and oxfords. When u guys set up a store, ill definitely go and check it out.

Plus, the karmaloop shipping is ridiculous, so blackmarkers also has that advantage.
filth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #47
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Nice, simple & clean design. Site's quite fast for me, and I'm browsing on my work computers which are notoriously slow.

Pickup option definitely a huge plus and would give you a leg up over other online shops for the local area. Richmond's fine, it is just an option after all and if it's not convenient to pick up in Richmond just choose to ship it.

You should incorporate an introduction page for each designer so you can introduce us to some of the labels you carry. Revolve does this afaik for every item you select. I've never heard of any of these guys apart from Creative Recs & 3sixteen.

Real models would definitely help your sales. Nothing looks attractive the way it's being presented. Bluefly manages to make anything they carry look like a cheap compost heap based on the same presentation.
svelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:39 AM   #48
RS.net Clothing Vendor

Hey guys , our brand new site is up!!

Check it out www.TheBlackmarkers.com

Old 05-22-2010, 10:40 AM   #49
RS.net Clothing Vendor

Hey guys , our brand new site is up!!

Check it out www.TheBlackmarkers.com

Old 05-22-2010, 07:48 PM   #50
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

You guys have some dope stuff, i will def buy in the future. site navigation was also nice. very simple and an overall clean web layout.
JACKED is offline   Reply With Quote