REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 1,289 Times in 409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AK View Post
False he can make one long sentence it is faster to read one long sentence as opposed to multiple.
ROFL.

I will know better for next time.
Advertisement
Iceman-19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #27
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Car salesman is a job. And like any other sales jobs, most salesman r not interested in the products they'r selling. Finding a car salesman who is also a car enthusiast is not easy.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #28
racing & tech mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
Not unless your some older (55+) fat dude!
You probably talked to Stu or Mike. Next time ask for me and it'll be a much more entertaining experience!
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #29
Banned By Establishment

Well, maybe you would have known more about the 2011 Mustangs and not tried to sell me on a 2010 after I specificly said I didnt want one. lol.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:21 PM   #30
racing & tech mod.

I've already sold a 2011 Mustang factory order, so yeah, I'd say I would have been able to give you more info.
(well to be honest, there is no 2011 mustang order guide from Ford yet, and the order won't even be processed till Jan 15th, and Job1 isn't till march 15th.. BUT, I still have a 2011 order ready to go, anyways.. )

lesson learned from this thread: if you know a car salesman who is an enthusiast, make a point to deal with them instead of someone who's just there for a paycheque.

/shameless self-advertisment.

Last edited by Rich Sandor; 01-05-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #31
Banned By Establishment

I didnt know you worked there until we left and 1990TSI told me he saw your photo on the wall. I was trying to enquire about when the 2011 Mustang GT would be available, and ideas on pricing.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #32
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danizer View Post
lol i remember going to cowell with my cousin to check out the GTI (as he was considering the GTI a while ago). he told the sales that he was deciding between a GTI, IS250, and RX8...the sales actually told him that he himself was so confident with the GTI's ability that he told my cousin to leave, test drive the other two cars before coming back...

we left alright...never went back...cousin ended up with a RX8 haha

(ps. if ur considering gencoup, highly recommend openroad hyundai. dropped over with a friend (mind u we are both 17 year olds) and received excellent service from both the older asian guys and the young white guy)
+1 for openroad hyundai sales, guy offered me 4k off the gen coupe right away for a 2.0T, went back 3 weeks later no more discount, all the manual 2.0Ts were sold... But still to their friendliness
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #33
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post

lesson learned from this thread: if you know a car salesman who is an enthusiast, make a point to deal with them instead of someone who's just there for a paycheque.

/shameless self-advertisment.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #34
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman-19 View Post
I walked in, was actually acknowledged by a sales guy, but alas, he seems like hes a salesfail. I asked him about the Evos, as I know NOTHING about them, and I havent even sat in, let alone driven a base model Lancer. He gave me pricing on the different models of Evos, and I asked if they had any on the lot. He asked this broad that worked there, and she says "Oh, we are getting them on an order sold basis, so we order one when you buy it." I laughed out loud, and said, "Im not paying $40,000 for a car and not driving it first", and walked out of there laughing.
Hey man, to clear this up a bit, im a sales at the Mitsu that you visited, and i was actually there when you left the place. First off, the guy you spoke to was new, so saying he is a sales fail, its not so nice, he used to work for hyundai and was top sales, and he knows his Genesis etc. just getting use to the job as of now. As for the Evos, we dont stock them anymore due to the amount of tire kickers we get, generally Managers at Subaru and Mitsubishi dont give out test drives on the Evos and Stis, i think it makes sense to not let people test drive them, since nobody wants to buy a test driven Evo, and we had no ralliarts on the lot, but we were more than happy to let you drive the Lancer line up, but you simply left the saying "oh i wont buy a 40,000 dollar car without test driving it", im a car lover, and i know my cars, especially the Lancer GTS, Ralliarts, and Evos, i woulda been very happy to help you out but like i said, even if i had an Evo on the lot, and you need to put refundable deposit down for test driving, would you do it?
Evolutionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #35
racing & tech mod.

What the hell is the point of a refundable deposit? Anyone would put a deposit down if they know they will get it back no matter what.. it's stupid and pointless.

My dealership ONLY takes deposits that are non-refundable, for vehicles that the customer is committed to buying, and they just need time to get their schedule sorted out before picking up the car.

We never take refundable deposits for a customer while they are 'making up their mind' , because it's not fair to the dealer or other customers who are looking at the same car. I wish all dealers were like that, it would make life a lot easier for everyone!
Old 01-06-2010, 05:10 PM   #36
racing & tech mod.

and while i'm on a mini-rant.. it's salesman, or saleswoman, or salesperson! There is no such thing as a 'sales'.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:28 PM   #37
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
What the hell is the point of a refundable deposit? Anyone would put a deposit down if they know they will get it back no matter what.. it's stupid and pointless.

My dealership ONLY takes deposits that are non-refundable, for vehicles that the customer is committed to buying, and they just need time to get their schedule sorted out before picking up the car.

We never take refundable deposits for a customer while they are 'making up their mind' , because it's not fair to the dealer or other customers who are looking at the same car. I wish all dealers were like that, it would make life a lot easier for everyone!
its not up to me to decide the part with deposits, just saying, we didnt have the car on the lot, my manager wont keep one in stock since we wont give out test drives on them anyways, so might as well order brand new ones for customers that wishes to buy them and know what they're capable of doing.
Evolutionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #38
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I think it depends how you approach the dealership and how you present yourself in the dealership. I've never got snubbed anywhere I've gone. I testdrove a new M3, SC430, G37, XLR, Corvette, etc when I was 20...just walking into the dealership asking questions.
Westcoast67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:16 AM   #39
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolutionian View Post
Hey man, to clear this up a bit, im a sales at the Mitsu that you visited, and i was actually there when you left the place. First off, the guy you spoke to was new, so saying he is a sales fail, its not so nice, he used to work for hyundai and was top sales, and he knows his Genesis etc. just getting use to the job as of now. As for the Evos, we dont stock them anymore due to the amount of tire kickers we get, generally Managers at Subaru and Mitsubishi dont give out test drives on the Evos and Stis, i think it makes sense to not let people test drive them, since nobody wants to buy a test driven Evo, and we had no ralliarts on the lot, but we were more than happy to let you drive the Lancer line up, but you simply left the saying "oh i wont buy a 40,000 dollar car without test driving it", im a car lover, and i know my cars, especially the Lancer GTS, Ralliarts, and Evos, i woulda been very happy to help you out but like i said, even if i had an Evo on the lot, and you need to put refundable deposit down for test driving, would you do it?
You didnt talk to me, did you? Noob-o-matic did. If he was new and didnt know he should have said so. I have worked in sales selling motorcycles, I was new too, and I would admit that, but then find out the answer. You are goddamn right I wouldnt commit to buying a car without test driving it. I was never asked for a deposit before testing the Genesis. Maybe you need to learn to not pre-judge people, just because I dont come with with some blonde bimbo on my arm carrying a $5k purse and wearing an Ed Hardy t-shirt doesn't mean I am a tire kicker. I have never driven a Lancer, and since I am NOT interested in a base model Lancer, why the FUCK would I want to test drive one? I can afford an EVO, hence asking about them. Head out of ass plz, thx.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:18 AM   #40
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoast67 View Post
I think it depends how you approach the dealership and how you present yourself in the dealership. I've never got snubbed anywhere I've gone. I testdrove a new M3, SC430, G37, XLR, Corvette, etc when I was 20...just walking into the dealership asking questions.
Fuck presenting myself. I am a potential customer, and I should be treated as such. If they want to just feed me BS lines like that, then I will do exactly what I did, leave. I have no idea if I would have liked the Lancer, maybe I would have hated it, maybe I would have loved it. I will never know.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:50 AM   #41
How I Mod your mother

Buying a car without test driving it first is like....is like....
Fuck its too early, someone fill in the blank
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:11 AM   #42
racing & tech mod.

For 99% of people, and 99% of cars, a test drive is a MUST before the sale. Only on very very rare occasions do we sell a car or truck without a test drive, and it's usually because it's a fleet truck for a boss's worker, or something like that.

There ARE certain 'very high end' luxury vehicles that DO NOT get taken on test drives, for several reasons: super-high-performance supercars are too risky (RWD, too much power) and if there is a scratch or damage, it makes it impossible to sell the car thereafter, and nearly as impossible to hold the responsible party financialy accountable. It's just not worth the risk. If you have enough money to buy a Lambo or Ferrari, odds are you will do so without actually driving one yourself, unless you currently own one and the dealer knows you very well. That's just the way it is for certain cars... but NOT for subarus and mitsubishis.

I *can* however understand the rationale behind not stocking certain cars or trucks, if they don't sell well, and in that case it makes it difficult for the customer to drive one.. That can also happen if the car or truck is really popular, or if production is down and demand is up. There are so many combinations of colors and options, that it's impossible to have one of each example on the lot at all times. Most people understand that.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:20 AM   #43
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Hines View Post
a dumb fuck
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:23 AM   #44
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Hines View Post
is like fucking a whore without seening its face because it was paper bagged, than after u cum u opened it and its like HOLLY SHIT i want my money back bitch.
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote