REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #26
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,699 Times in 446 Posts
This isn't a consumer product so price shouldn't even be an issue.
Advertisement
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #27
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjour43MA View Post
This car is worth 120k max. I mean, who in the right mind would pay 350k US for this when you can get a Ferrari or Lambo?

and... it makes the GTR look even better, cosmetically speaking.

I think Toyota fucked this one up big time.
Quote:
WTF why did I get failed for my comments? I can't have opinions now? You kids seriously need to get out more.

Thanks for ruining my 0 fail profile, assholes.

TIMPO, thanks for being the ultimate douche for failing someone in your thread for no reason what so ever. Did I fail your original post? No.

God the automotive section on this forum is full of arrogant idiots.

chill, its only a fail...dont trip out like a little girl. BTW keep it, u deserved it
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:25 PM   #28
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Quote:
sigh... haters? FanBOI? you guys need to get your heads out of the gutter. Your opinion is no better than anyone else's, so why be all defensive when someone doesn't agree with you? You love the car? Great. Well I don't, but don't flame me because I don't like the same thing as you do.

Fucking RS kids these days. IC > RS, always been, and always will be even if it's not around anymore.
back in the IC days, I barely recall any serious discussions on cars. wasn't it mostly just us farking around making fun of Omid and Farhan's mom?

I sorta agree on the pricing. I personally think this car should be priced around 200k. but the current pricetag will probably give more rarity to owning such a beast. if only I could win the lottery...

43MA!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:18 PM   #29
I don't get it

i'd buy one. ps, i can do the grind in 43mins.
eclipseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #30
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Just getting tired of repeatedly hearing "If I had xxxx money, I'd buy Ferrari/Lambo instead."

First of all, I bet Toyota doesn't give a fuck about it because first they definitely can expect comments like that coming out from people who will perhaps in their life never come close to ever affording such a car. Even selling at the price they specified, they aren't making any profit out of it.

Second, people buying this LF-A, I highly doubt they'd care much forking out 375k for a car. They will probably already have other exotics in their garage anyway.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #31
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

That car is ugly. All 500 are sold (leased) because of its rarity, which also further pumps its value. European supercars priced higher than the LF-A at least hold prestige coming from names that have only produced supercars - e.g. Bugatti, Pagani, Lamborghini. If you were in London and saw this car next to a Pagani, it'd still be just a "Toyota" at the end of the day.

For the record, I'd much rather use that $370k? to feed Pho to all of RS for several years instead E.g:

achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #32
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

The car is an engineering exercise, like the Veyron. They sell these cars at huge losses and can charge any price they damn please because they will limit the production quantities. They want to make sure that the cars land in the hands of the rich so they are collected and looked after for decades. They don't want to sell it to some fan boi.

I would also argue that Nissan loses money on the GTR, though they claim they make money. Looking at the development time, the unique parts and chassis, and the limited production volume, they may recover variable costs but not the fixed costs or initial development costs.

Porsche is probably the only car maker that knows how to make lots of money on sports cars.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:27 AM   #33
I am Hook'd on RS

Alot of people didnt want to pay 90K for a NSX cause in the end its still a Honda, same deal here except its 370K for a Toyota.
sash_ak21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: