REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

B.C. drug kingpin marked for death

In the crime business, silence is golden.

You talk to the cops, you become a marked man, especially when tens of millions of dollars are at stake. Colin Martin of Malakwa B.C., a self-confessed drug kingpin knew the risk he was taking when he offered to help American Drug Enforcement Agents bust some major cross-border smuggling operations that were moving marijuana, ecstasy and cocaine, provided they let him continue to do business unimpeded for 10 years, U.S. court papers show.

He claimed to have the “ability to control 70 percent of the work that comes out of B.C. and what comes into B.C.,” explaining that he “had a long history of credibility” in the drug business, which he had been in “for most of my adult life,” the Grand Jury indictment against allged drug smugglers state.

Martin offered to identify other B.C. drug lords and direct law enforcement agencies to drug loads as long as they “only arrested other people.”

What Martin did not anticipate was that his offer to help in the war on drugs would be made public in the court documents filed in Seattle three days before Christmas.

Three days after Christmas, Mounties knocked on his door to tell him that there was a contract out on his life.

“We warned him on Dec 28 and are monitoring the situation,” confirmed RCMP spokesman Sgt. Tim Shields, adding publically identifying informants was “absolute insanity”.

“We felt a duty to inform him,” said Shields, who declined further comment when asked if Martin had approached the RCMP to offer his services, before making his pitch to the Americans.

There are many in B.C.’s six-billion-dollar drug trade that moves marijuana and ecstasy south in exchange for cash, cocaine and guns, who would like to silence Martin.

They include members of the Hells Angels, the United Nations Gang and the Independent Soldiers, all of whom have used Martin’s helicopter services to move their contraband.

Their high-grade “Sugar Shack” marijuana went to the U.S. for about $2,500 to $3,000 Cdn. a pound, while the cocaine came back to Canada at about US $14,000 per kilo.

Machine guns, grenades and even rocket launchers were sometimes part of the exchange.

How long Martin can dodge the hitmen who want him dead is anyone’s guess.

A murder contract like this is worth anywhere from $50,000 to $100,000.

Generally, the hit team will involve about five people — the shooter, the back-up shooter, the driver, the spotter and the body-disposal guy.

That was some of the information the Americans gave the Mounties, after they publically named Martin as a wannabe informant and learned from their surveillance that their mistake was to end in murder.

The hit team, according to U.S. sources, was already on its way to Malakwa, B.C. when police presence likely warned them off.

Martin has not only talked about his operations to the cops.

He was featured in a CBC documentary last November on marijuana smuggling.

According to U.S. court documents, Martin is named alongside Sean William Doak, James Gregory Cameron and Adam Christian Serrano, all of whom are in B.C.

The Americans allege that this crime syndicate which was busted in “Operation Blade Runner” in February 2009 in a cross-border operation in Washington State and B.C., resulted in the seizure of two helicopters, 83 kilograms of cocaine, 340 kilograms of marijuana, and 240,000 ecstasy tablets, valued between $10 million and $15 million, plus a significant amount of cash, guns, and other equipment.

Among the helicopter pilots linked to Martin’s operations were Jeremy Snow, 29, who is serving a four-year sentence in the U.S. after he touched down in a Northern Idaho forest with 80 kgs of marijuana and Sam Lindsay-Brown, 24, who hanged himself in the Spokane County Jail after his arrest last February.

The Americans say they will try to extradite Martin. Martin says he plans to fight the extradition.

Given his public label as an “informant”, a U.S. jail cell may be the safest place for him to be for the next little while.

© Copyright (c) The Province

http://www.theprovince.com/news/drug...640/story.html
Advertisement

Last edited by adambomb; 01-02-2019 at 01:37 PM.
adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Oh shit this will turn out to be like Smoking Aces, assassins killing each other for the kill
Posted via RS Mobile
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,537 Times in 556 Posts
That is pretty intense. So hollywood-like haha
FN-2199 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Well he won't do that again. Can't say I really care either way, get killed, live in hiding his whole life either way he's fucked.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

oh shit! that's scary
fishing666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Malakwa B.C?

wtf sounds like a small ass town
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #7
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

what a snitch
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
rofl if he was that stupid to offer up info and ppl and not think it would get out, i doubt he was any sort of "kingpin" more like a farmer who got lucky? (bad choice of words) to be a part of something that was going to make him rich

Last edited by StylinRed; 01-05-2010 at 11:43 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #9
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
BC guys all fucking rat on eachother

look at the bacon bros and all those guys involved in the surrey 6 murders, they all have reduced sentaces because they are obviously just spilling everything once they are inside
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #10
$_$
I subscribe to Revscene

Haha, that is fucking stupid. The cops totally played him, and now is just using him as bait to lure out other drug lords. I guess good move by them.
$_$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
OK, I have the popcorn salted and the lazy-boy is reclined. Let the games begin!!! This will be like watching a season of the real Sopranos. I love it when karma kicks in.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #12
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
got played :P
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #13
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

sucks for him. hes gonna have to have some major plastic surgery done and move to some little tiny island where no one can find him otherwise hes done sooner or later theyll get to him
Old 01-05-2010, 01:14 PM   #14
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

epic
you! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #15
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

1 gone, 10 million others to replace him. Life goes on.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #16
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
It's only a matter of time before Hollywood makes a movie about our massive drug industry.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:42 PM   #17
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Childen playing a grown man's game
Posted via RS Mobile
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #18
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
wow, he's fucked haha
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bastardo View Post
Childen playing a grown man's game
Posted via RS Mobile
r u saying you are a grown man?
Old 01-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
Malakwa B.C?

wtf sounds like a small ass town
it is, its in shuswap
Old 01-05-2010, 06:06 PM   #21
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Rookie of the year.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #22
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Gekko View Post
It's only a matter of time before Hollywood makes a movie about our massive drug industry.
our drug industry is boring compared to other cities, plus there's dozens of movies on gang/drugs, no one would want to see a bunch of white boys and asians, it'd be recast with whoever's selling the most rap albums

anyways, pretty sure most people would snitch than do much time when the pigs offer something too good to turn down
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #23
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

I would be pissed off if I was a cop in charge of protecting this guy now. If they want this guy dead they wont have any problems paying a little extra and taking out any cops that happen to get in the way. At this point the whole disposing of the body part is sorta useless. If he goes missing they will know he is dead. I guess the only advantage is if they cant find the body there really isnt any evidence.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #24
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Generally, the hit team will involve about five people — the shooter, the back-up shooter, the driver, the spotter and the body-disposal guy.

Why have 5 people? Why not just get one really good sniper to wait for him and pick him off from 1 km away?

Oh wait, when you hold your gun sideways gangsta style, you can't hit shit. That's why you need a backup shooter and need to be within 10ft to make sure you get him.
ericthehalfbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #25
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J____ View Post
r u saying you are a grown man?

Heh. What I meant was that guys who roll over on each other are self-made "kingpins" with no idea on how they should be acting when they get tagged. They roll over on each other as soon as anything starts to get difficult.

People who have respect for their scumbag criminal business will respect the nature of "the game" and take their hit with a stiff upper lip.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote