REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
MiX iT Up!
 
tiger_handheld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,694
Thanked 1,908 Times in 771 Posts
Sharks Club like venues

so we are thinking about sharks club. we have gone from Red Door --> Italian Kitchen --> sharks club|

but we dont like sharks club. what are some other restaurants with teh same feel.


we have thought of sammy j , cactus and Wings (our sponsor- ehh)
Advertisement
__________________

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.


Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YYZ / YUL
Posts: 24,828
Thanked 6,596 Times in 2,598 Posts
Lamplighter in Gastown. They have the TVs like Shark Club, the food much like Shark Club, and a dance floor, much like Shark Club. And yes, can accomodate 20+ people, food is alright for what you pay for, and they have a bar to get you guys drunk out of your minds.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy
Fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:48 AM   #3
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
bd0n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: East Vancouver
Posts: 1,775
Thanked 292 Times in 48 Posts
Red Card sports bar, easily vancouvers nicest and with a menu that isnt wings or nachos filled.
bd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:35 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Vancouver, BC,
Posts: 4,231
Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts
Ebisu ! lol... on a big sporting event.. it really is pretty good.

There is a new sharks club in richmond now..
__________________
i need powah !
hamsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
RS controls my life!
 
gnat.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 739
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
^ i heard it closed down because of their liquor license or something?
have they reopened?
gnat. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
MiX iT Up!
 
tiger_handheld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,694
Thanked 1,908 Times in 771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post
Ebisu ! lol... on a big sporting event.. it really is pretty good.

There is a new sharks club in richmond now..
Ebisu - thats the joint that one of the RS users own right?
__________________

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.


Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #7
RS controls my life!
 
gnat.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Richmond
Posts: 739
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
^ RS MEET?!?
gnat. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:17 AM   #8
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!
 
Inaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MoI
Posts: 6,554
Thanked 1,408 Times in 668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Lamplighter in Gastown. They have the TVs like Shark Club, the food much like Shark Club, and a dance floor, much like Shark Club. And yes, can accomodate 20+ people, food is alright for what you pay for, and they have a bar to get you guys drunk out of your minds.
I disagree with lamplighter. I worked with someone who 'tended there and he had nothing but bad things to say about it. I also didn't really like the food or service when I went their for a co-workers bday (mind you I went a couple years ago, it might have improved).
__________________
"Can you match my resolve? If so then you will succeed. I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavour to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve." -- Monty Oum

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #9
Ebisu Boss
 
Obsideon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: West Side
Posts: 3,357
Thanked 1,258 Times in 474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat. View Post
^ i heard it closed down because of their liquor license or something?
have they reopened?
Are you referring to Ebisu?
What kind of SICK rumour is that?!
I assure you it had nothing to do with any thing licensing related, it was purely our choice to close for those 3 days (the 3 slowest days of the week rather than closing over the weekend)

We closed for 3 days to do cosmetic renovations:
- sanding down the hardwood floor and re-varnished
- re-designed the front lounge area to make it more spacious
- new sexy booths
- re-painted & touched up all the scratches on the walls from the years of partying
- a few other minor maintenance updates

Just a refresher overall and we waited til after the New Years to do the renos since the floor was going to be trashed during the busy Holidays anyway!

Oh and yes we are now open for business as of Wednesday, January 6th.
Come check out the new modications! (Note: There might still be a faint scent of wet paint around the washrooms as they were more difficult to aerate haha)
__________________
EBISU on Robson - Japanese Restaurant Lounge

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

Formerly known as AznSiR

In Chronological Order
R.I.P.
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996

Current
2015 Cayman S

Last edited by Obsideon; 01-07-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:23 PM   #10
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YYZ / YUL
Posts: 24,828
Thanked 6,596 Times in 2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
I disagree with lamplighter. I worked with someone who 'tended there and he had nothing but bad things to say about it. I also didn't really like the food or service when I went their for a co-workers bday (mind you I went a couple years ago, it might have improved).
No, I'll agree to what you said. A few years back, this place was a dump but since that new group bought it over, they've polished it up. Whenever I work at our Gastown location, I go to Lamplighter once or twice a week for lunch. The service has improved tremendously and it isn't a barfeteria like the Blarney Stone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy
Fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
Banned By Establishment
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 12,489
Thanked 2,090 Times in 773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
I disagree with lamplighter. I worked with someone who 'tended there and he had nothing but bad things to say about it. I also didn't really like the food or service when I went their for a co-workers bday (mind you I went a couple years ago, it might have improved).
I wonder if we know the same girl. Asian? Manager?
Meowjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #12
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
Crowtservo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 622
Thanked 23 Times in 16 Posts
I went to Lamplighter a few times last summer and really enjoyed it. The food was surprisingly good (it wasn't great but i expected bad) and reasonably priced. They often have good live music too. A great place to hang out if you're in gastown.
Crowtservo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #13
MiX iT Up!
 
tiger_handheld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,694
Thanked 1,908 Times in 771 Posts
lol so lamplighter or steamworks ..

the menu at steamworks seems good , but the atmosphere at lamplighter is what we are looking for. such a tough decision.
__________________

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.


Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #14
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
Supafly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: VanCity/HCMC/HK
Posts: 4,760
Thanked 694 Times in 235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsup View Post

There is a new sharks club in richmond now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnat. View Post
^ i heard it closed down because of their liquor license or something?
have they reopened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Are you referring to Ebisu?
What kind of SICK rumour is that?!
I assure you it had nothing to do with any thing licensing related, it was purely our choice to close for those 3 days (the 3 slowest days of the week rather than closing over the weekend)

We closed for 3 days to do cosmetic renovations:
- sanding down the hardwood floor and re-varnished
- re-designed the front lounge area to make it more spacious
- new sexy booths
- re-painted & touched up all the scratches on the walls from the years of partying
- a few other minor maintenance updates

Just a refresher overall and we waited til after the New Years to do the renos since the floor was going to be trashed during the busy Holidays anyway!

Oh and yes we are now open for business as of Wednesday, January 6th.
Come check out the new modications! (Note: There might still be a faint scent of wet paint around the washrooms as they were more difficult to aerate haha)
Don't be to quick to jump the gun there big guy...you mis-read the posts.
To clarify, SHARK CLUB DID CLOSE DOWN ....their lights are still out...i dont know when they will re-open. I was just at Chop, and i noticed sharkclubs sign is not lit.
__________________
"Just because any car nut can tell you every possible performance specification of a Ferrari doesn't mean he can drive. Most of these people live in places where they've never even seen a Ferrari, much less ever owned one themselves."
Supafly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #15
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YYZ / YUL
Posts: 24,828
Thanked 6,596 Times in 2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
lol so lamplighter or steamworks ..

the menu at steamworks seems good , but the atmosphere at lamplighter is what we are looking for. such a tough decision.
Like I said in your other thread, the food at Steamworks is not that great and if you show up with 20+ people, there is a good chance they'll enforce a 15% gratuity and a set menu. Lamplighter is A LOT more casual and the food is better.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy
Fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #16
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!
 
Inaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MoI
Posts: 6,554
Thanked 1,408 Times in 668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinHurricane View Post
I wonder if we know the same girl. Asian? Manager?
Asian yes, manager no. When I was working with her she worked coat check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
No, I'll agree to what you said. A few years back, this place was a dump but since that new group bought it over, they've polished it up. Whenever I work at our Gastown location, I go to Lamplighter once or twice a week for lunch. The service has improved tremendously and it isn't a barfeteria like the Blarney Stone.
It's not owned by the Donnelly group anymore?
__________________
"Can you match my resolve? If so then you will succeed. I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavour to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve." -- Monty Oum

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #17
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: YYZ / YUL
Posts: 24,828
Thanked 6,596 Times in 2,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inaii View Post
It's not owned by the Donnelly group anymore?
It is, but I'm not sure which group you're referring to and what you mean by "a couple of years ago." My experiences were rather recent.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy
Fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #18
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS
 
beanzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,560
Thanked 209 Times in 83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly View Post
Don't be to quick to jump the gun there big guy...you mis-read the posts.
To clarify, SHARK CLUB DID CLOSE DOWN ....their lights are still out...i dont know when they will re-open. I was just at Chop, and i noticed sharkclubs sign is not lit.
They opened but were forced to close because they didn't pass some inspections.
beanzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #19
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!
 
Inaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MoI
Posts: 6,554
Thanked 1,408 Times in 668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
It is, but I'm not sure which group you're referring to and what you mean by "a couple of years ago." My experiences were rather recent.
You mentioned a new group bought it. The last I'd heard they were owned by the Donnelly group so I thought someone new bought them. I was there end of 2007 when we had that big snow storm.
__________________
"Can you match my resolve? If so then you will succeed. I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavour to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve." -- Monty Oum

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #20
MiX iT Up!
 
tiger_handheld's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 7,694
Thanked 1,908 Times in 771 Posts
its still a DHM Venue.
__________________

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.


Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net