REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Saving seats in the theatre? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/602164-saving-seats-theatre.html)

wingies 01-09-2010 04:35 PM

Saving seats in the theatre?

What your opinion on that? I think its pretty bullshit. My buddy went to watch avatar the other night and he was abt to sit down and some dude was like "oh sorry this rows reserved." I think for 2 or 3 people thats ok, but fuck a whole row and for such a popular movie where seats are filling up quickly?

If it was me I'd just ignore him and sit down or at least go talk to to the manager abt it. Do you guys do it?

Grandmaster TSE 01-09-2010 04:56 PM

i don't find any problems with it

if you find it a problem, you can always go earlier to the theatre so you get some good seats, thats what i do

Inaii 01-09-2010 05:01 PM

What the grandmaster said :) I go early to movies to get choice seats.

skyxx 01-09-2010 05:49 PM

If you pay me some extra money, I'll save you a seat. ;)

StylinRed 01-09-2010 06:10 PM

ive seen people save rows lol i think its retarded and not fair to a lot of people; if your stuck in the isle getting food tough luck

i usually get to the theatre early enough to choose where i want to sit or late enough to find the open seats ;) i don't care where i sit though as long as its not on the edges (front row is fine even)

FN-2199 01-09-2010 06:14 PM

IMO, first come first serve. But a whole row? That's a little bit much.
Posted via RS Mobile

SkinnyPupp 01-09-2010 06:55 PM

If someone hasn't arrived to the theatre yet and there is an empty seat, they'll have to move me to get it. If they stepped out and someone is saving it for them, that's something else.

Gilgamesh 01-09-2010 07:44 PM

It's only natural to save seats. But then again, a whole row is extreme.

liu13 01-09-2010 07:48 PM

never heard of a whole row, but two or three seats is okay

i'd probably tell those kids off and sit anyways

winson604 01-09-2010 10:38 PM

Last time me and my gf went to watch a movie we sat in a row where a a group of 5 people saved seats for 2 people. No problem as there were other seats in the row for us anyways. After 5 mins or so it was getting packed and seats were pretty much done for except for the front. A couple comes in and wanted the 2 seats the group saved and when they told them it was saved the gf flipped out and starting screaming at them saying you're not permitted to save seats. This went on for another couple minutes and you can tell the bf knew his gf was crazy and was silent and looked hella embarrassed. Eventually the couple got 3 seats somewhere else and guess what? As another person came to ask if the 1 seat was taken the gf said no they were saving it.

KuSouL 01-09-2010 11:36 PM

a whole row is a bit much but ... if there really is that much people i guess it's fair?

Crowtservo 01-09-2010 11:50 PM

1 person saving a whole row is bullshit. I think 1 extra seat per person waiting in the theatre is fair (if you want 6 seats you need 3 people saving them). If you send one friend ahead to save 10 seats for all the lazy asses then screw them.

At the same time I find it funny when people flip out about others saving seats. I always put them in their place even if i'm not directly involved. If you can't be bothered to show up early to a show and get good seats then that's too fucking bad.

maxxxboost 01-10-2010 12:29 AM

I don't care. Just as long as it is reasonable.
One person saving one whole row is borderline.

wingies 01-10-2010 12:30 AM

^^^hmmm what crowtzero said, that seems reasonable but fucking one row is too much, I think a MAX of 2 or 3 is alright.

Where do you guys draw the line?

azzurro32 01-10-2010 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingies (Post 6763336)
^^^hmmm what crowtzero said, that seems reasonable but fucking one row is too much, I think a MAX of 2 or 3 is alright.

Where do you guys draw the line?

If it's a movie like avatar where people line up for seats, or if the lights are down and the show is starting...

I can understand wanting to sit next to your gf/bf or 2 friends, but how is going out of the way to mak sure you sit next to 5+ people going to make the movie more enjoyable lol?
Posted via RS Mobile

RayBot 01-10-2010 02:20 AM

working at a movie theatre, i say saving seats at an arms length is reasonable...so the seat to your right, and the seat to your left. Putting your jacket on the seat doesn't mean shit to me. I got no problems taking away seats from chumps that don't want to follow the order of priority seating.

Alpine50 01-10-2010 04:11 AM

i think its cool to save seats bc i've done it before but a whole row specially for a movie like that is BS if its like 2-4 seats thats cool more than that is a bit much

RayBot 01-11-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine50 (Post 6763523)
i think its cool to save seats bc i've done it before ...

Just because you've done something doesn't make it cool....

hotjoint 01-11-2010 09:29 AM

I go early and save seats for people, what we usually do is if there are 10 people then we will get one person to sit in the first seat and then the other person(s) to sit in the 10th seat and we'll save everything in between. I really don't mind people saving seats. I go early to avoid the problems.

SkinnyPupp 01-11-2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotjoint (Post 6765045)
I go early and save seats for people, what we usually do is if there are 10 people then we will get one person to sit in the first seat and then the other person(s) to sit in the 10th seat and we'll save everything in between. I really don't mind people saving seats. I go early to avoid the problems.

You go early to avoid problems, but your douchbag friends don't. So they forfeit their seats.

hotjoint 01-11-2010 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 6765052)
You go early to avoid problems, but your douchbag friends don't. So they forfeit their seats.

nah we all go early but my friends all go outside and smoke, blaze, get food etc....

FlyNvBaller 01-11-2010 11:28 AM

We went to go watch Sherlock Holmes the other weekend.
4 people went to save 18 seats!
But thing is they went 1.5 hours early and we came 30 minutes prior to the previews so there were lots of seats left but we took Prime seats early.
I know it sucks but go early or get screwed.

Greenstoner 01-11-2010 11:38 AM

i think its about go early and quit crying

MarkyMark 01-11-2010 11:45 AM

Saving a whole row is bullshit especially if it's one of the
prime higher up ones. I hate trying to save 2 seats let alone trying to tell 50 people i'm claiming a whole row... Seriously there isn't a whole row worth of people that I give a fuck about enough to save that many seats for them.
Posted via RS Mobile

RayBot 01-11-2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenstoner (Post 6765236)
i think its about go early and quit crying

You're right...as long as its the vast majority of the group, not stoners that have two people in the lineup saving 10 seats for their friends that want to straddle in.