REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Penny stock

I'm noob when it comes to business, but I'm thinking about invest or rather experiment in penny stock.

Anyone has helpful books or website that guide me through it?

I've search a few sites but not sure if it is helpful, because system changes depsite which country you are in ?
Advertisement
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
invest in some blue chip co.'s and get a feel for it - or experiment using a simulator on investopedia.

right now ur not investing - ur gambling...

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #3
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
^ blue chip co.'s ??? what's that ?
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
big companies like. Visa, Master Card, RBC (any CAD bank) , Coke , Pepsi , MS , Shell - etc..

i suggest u try out stuff on investopedia - its very life like , also simulates comissions...

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

http://tinyurl.com/yd5u2tm
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
Ubereem Mod

When you are noob, don't dabble in Penny stocks.

It will kill you, if you want to learn, listen to tiger, stick with big companies first then learn more, then if you can take the risk. THEN go for penny stocks.

Rides from 50% each way swings an hour sometimes isn't fun
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
RS controls my life!

I agree with play what you can afford to lose - the swings are definitely stronger (higher volatility)

But this year (and last) should have taught everyone that blue chips (the banks) can easily be as volatile. End of day, stick to GIC/Bonds if you can't afford to lose 20-30%.
JDMStyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

oldschoolvalue.com and www.fwallstreet.com/ check out their archives by category..

be prepare to spend a sh*t , i mean a SHHI**TTT load of time reading books and analysis Financial statements if you want to make a career by investing and not speculating.

Hope that helps

Cheers!

Last edited by Hollyshiit; 03-17-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Hollyshiit is offline   Reply With Quote