REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   no more spiderman 4, time for a reboot (https://www.revscene.net/forums/602373-no-more-spiderman-4-time-reboot.html)

Grandmaster TSE 01-11-2010 02:53 PM

no more spiderman 4, time for a reboot

http://www.superherohype.com/news/sp...ws.php?id=8976

could be a good thing for true comic lovers

Jsunu 01-11-2010 03:04 PM

Thank god, no more weird EMO parker

spoon.ek9 01-11-2010 03:05 PM

thank god, no more kirsten dunst as mary jane.

also, eric foreman =/= venom.

woob 01-11-2010 05:28 PM

Idunno man... as mediocre as the third one was, I don't think you can re-do the 1st iteration of the series.

Crowtservo 01-11-2010 06:59 PM

Too soon for any kind of "reboot". I think they should just drop it altogether. There are enough super hero movies coming out these days.

Gilgamesh 01-11-2010 07:31 PM

2nd one worked imo. Third was awful....

Lomac 01-11-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowtservo (Post 6765895)
Too soon for any kind of "reboot".

Exactly what I was thinking. Need to wait at least another five years before a reboot can be justified for anything other than an obvious cash grab.

urrh 01-11-2010 08:07 PM

yay no more kristen dunst
who do you guys want to see as mj?
i think rachel nichols would be good

Crowtservo 01-11-2010 08:33 PM

They definitely jumped on the reboot boat pretty quick.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/11/...emporary-take/

StylinRed 01-11-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urrh (Post 6766020)
yay no more kristen dunst
who do you guys want to see as mj?
i think rachel nichols would be good

if they're going to be in highschool she'd be too old

A reboot sounds alright if its anything like that cartoon Spectacular Spiderman?
cartoon is pretty dope

but they're going to need to have a different villain as the 1st enemy as its too close to re-do Green Goblin, Octopus, sandman,Venom

Maybe go the Gangster route (hmm like that cartoon) and have Electro, Hammerhead, Kingpin

Or The Lizard/Kraven etc

should be cool :)

wassup 01-11-2010 10:13 PM

They should get a new cast and crew and make something different like ultimate spiderman or something. They have enough comics and different stories to make more movies.

woob 01-11-2010 10:31 PM

my vote goes to Emma Stone as MJ!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bHSVCs9rX0...eMMA+sTONE.jpg

ForbiddenX 01-11-2010 10:36 PM

Great idea for a reboot. I'm a total spidey fan!

I have a feeling this reboot will have something to do with an Avengers movie or something like that. Look at all the other Marvel movies coming out too. Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man. It's got Avenger's written all over it!

Crowtservo 01-11-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForbiddenX (Post 6766339)
Great idea for a reboot. I'm a total spidey fan!

I have a feeling this reboot will have something to do with an Avengers movie or something like that. Look at all the other Marvel movies coming out too. Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, Spider-Man. It's got Avenger's written all over it!

Don't forget The Hulk. They've already set him up to be in it at the end of the 2008 "The Incredible Hulk" with Edward Norton. Would be cool if they threw Spider Man in there too (even though he wasn't original in the Avengers... though I guess Captain America technically wasn't either)

SkinnyPupp 01-11-2010 11:59 PM

Batman Begins changed everything, just like X-Men changed everything in 2000

StylinRed 01-12-2010 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woob (Post 6766328)

god i hope not..... MJ is supposed to be super model hot

but they should go the route that Stan Lee wanted (to have Gwen Stacy and MJ fight for Peters love and eventually Gwen wins out)

nabs 01-12-2010 12:55 AM

didn't the reboot for the Hulk come out just a few years in between?

I think its a fine idea.

Ronin 01-12-2010 05:50 AM

Spider-man 3 was absolute shit.

Problem is...Spider-man isn't really a "serious" franchise so it can't really handle the tone of the new Batman movies if that's what you guys are thinking of in terms of reboot. I'm hoping they just don't make it shitty since the first two Spider-man films were fantastic and the third was just garbage.

Grandmaster TSE 01-12-2010 10:45 AM

mary jane shouldn't be in the picture yet, they should start it off with gwen stacy

since its in high school, it'll be the whole geeky guy trying to awkwardly ask her out while fighting crime on the side.

i think they should start with the lizard or electro for the first one

then the second movie can be about parker with gwen stacy in a relationship with green goblin as the main nemesis, and of course end with the death

third movie is when MJ steps in

Jsunu 01-12-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 6766587)
Spider-man 3 was absolute shit.

Problem is...Spider-man isn't really a "serious" franchise so it can't really handle the tone of the new Batman movies if that's what you guys are thinking of in terms of reboot. I'm hoping they just don't make it shitty since the first two Spider-man films were fantastic and the third was just garbage.

What really got me was the fact that 3 was made by basically the same people from 1 & 2, i just wonder how they effed up so badly

urrh 01-12-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jsunu (Post 6766780)
What really got me was the fact that 3 was made by basically the same people from 1 & 2, i just wonder how they effed up so badly

the movie studio wanted a story about venom and raimi didn't. so venom was half assedly slipped in.
at least that's how i understood it.

RacePace 01-12-2010 01:02 PM

I think the first two Spider-man movies were perfect so re-doing the origin story would be a huge risk toward failure

Mugen EvOlutioN 01-12-2010 02:16 PM

thx god there isnt a spiderman 4

JKam 01-12-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandmaster TSE (Post 6766762)
mary jane shouldn't be in the picture yet, they should start it off with gwen stacy

since its in high school, it'll be the whole geeky guy trying to awkwardly ask her out while fighting crime on the side.

i think they should start with the lizard or electro for the first one

then the second movie can be about parker with gwen stacy in a relationship with green goblin as the main nemesis, and of course end with the death

third movie is when MJ steps in

or the shocker! or... make all the marvel movies lead to the Civil War storyline. :D

Grandmaster TSE 01-12-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKam (Post 6766971)
or the shocker! or... make all the marvel movies lead to the Civil War storyline. :D

the shocker wouldn't be bad, but he wouldn't make a really good main villian, secondary for sure