REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-11-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Mayan Riviera

Hi guys,

wanting to go to Mayan Riviera for 5 nights in June or sometime during summer. Looking for recommendations on hotels and specifically rooms/suites in hotels to book. I hear if you get a basic room in some hotels, it's total crap; whereas if you get the better one, it's awesome.

So far, found some good prices on cheaptickets.com for around 800-900 for the description above

anyone have any good advice or reviews or experiences with hotels or anything?
Advertisement
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #2

lol damnit, bump..
Old 01-17-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

My gf and I went to MR summer 08 and stayed at the Grand Palladium approx. 45 mins away from cancun airport. This resort is huge, 3 in 1 basically; there are two trolley/trains or whatever that run through the resort to get you places we stayed on the "Kantenah" side of the resort and got a room right in front of the beach. Probably about a dozen restaurants on the resort so you have a lot of variety of food although the quality at some of the restaurants could have been better (stay away from the Japanese one lol). Always go for the better room when staying at all inclusives Check out tripadvisor.com for pics and ratings. I'd definitely stay there again.
Abstraktz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #4
I don't get it

My family went to Bahia Principe in the Mayan and we loved it! I've been back about 3 other times. I have heard good things about the Grand Palladium too though.
alwaysideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Old School RS

Thanked 3,953 Times in 1,205 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why in June?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:39 PM   #6

argh change of plans...mr is too expensive; wanting to go to puerta vallarta instead, may 22...anyone have suggestions? post here: http://www.revscene.net/forums/recom....html?t=602997
Old 01-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

stayed in barcelo mayan beach in MR. 5 hotels in 1. really big property even have a shopping mall.

june should be cheaper for you. start of hurricane season. mind you it get really really humid during hurricane season. just try to be there first week of june. after that weather gets unpredictable with hurricanes all the way till november
Mr.JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:08 AM   #8
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Went to BHP in August of last year. It was sensational. Still 30+ degrees, but there was a couple times it rained and couldn't be happier. Ironic eh? But we had a fantastic time. Some of the restaurants are good, the others not so great. But staying on the MR was so much fun as we went and did a lot of things.
<div id="zunecard_big" class="zunecard"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://social.zune.net//xweb/lx/swf/zunecard.swf?ver=1192" style="" id="flashUserCard" name="flashUserCard" bgcolor="#FFF" wmode="opaque" salign="tl" flashvars="baseURL=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.zune.net%2f zcard%2fusercardservice.ashx%3fzunetag%3dbedheadfr 3d%26src%3dlarge&MMplayerType=PlugIn" height="260" width="548"></div>
Neoxphuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #9
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysideways View Post
My family went to Bahia Principe in the Mayan and we loved it! I've been back about 3 other times. I have heard good things about the Grand Palladium too though.
i'm going there on monday. gran bahia principe akumal in the royal gold club.

travel agent said to throw down 10-20 USD right when you get there and they give you EVERYTHING (best room, full mini bar every day, tons of towels/slippers etc)... plus they'll make sure that you have a room at the other two resorts (coba & tulum) if you want to switch it up for a few nights.

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
she's a whore. you're a loser.
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT
the_rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkrussian View Post
Hi guys,

wanting to go to Mayan Riviera for 5 nights in June or sometime during summer. Looking for recommendations on hotels and specifically rooms/suites in hotels to book. I hear if you get a basic room in some hotels, it's total crap; whereas if you get the better one, it's awesome.

So far, found some good prices on cheaptickets.com for around 800-900 for the description above

anyone have any good advice or reviews or experiences with hotels or anything?
go for 7-9 days. 5 days is too short... 6 hour flight each way, plus transfers means two days of travel.

-----
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
she's a whore. you're a loser.
in the garage:
'05 Dodge Ram 2500
'06 BMW 530i
'08 Chevy Equinox LT
the_rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #11
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I stayed at the Grand Sunset Princess during spring break, 5 star, HUGE had like 700 rooms or something like that, it was about $1300/person
about 45ish minutes from the airport, and the resort is fairly new as it opened barely 2 years ago.
look it up, highly recommended very polite trained staff, 24 hour open bars etc etc
greendb7 is offline   Reply With Quote