REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Seattle Automotive Chat

Seattle Automotive Chat THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT
Seattle Head Mod: NUBREED
Residents of Seattle, Bellingham, Redmond, Bellevue, WA County..

Old 02-01-2010, 03:41 PM   #26
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 2,532 Times in 446 Posts
ouccch.. thats one FAT ticket...
Advertisement
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:59 AM   #27
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPresIzBlack View Post
Just an FYI. The cop does NOT have to show up in court to present his/her findings. If you dispute it YOU HAVE TO REQUEST THAT THE COP BE THERE. Its not like in BC.
thx a lot for the info
endless4324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 03:56 PM   #28
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless4324 View Post
thx a lot for the info
no problem. first time i went into court in washington i assumed the same, judge told me different. luckily my ticket got thrown out of court due to officers lack of information given to the judge about my ticket. I believe the officer wrote down two different areas where i received the ticket and the discrepancy caused the ticket to be thrown out.
MyPresIzBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 06:55 AM   #29
Seattle Head Mod

If any of you are looking for a good traffic attorney that supports the import community, contact Phil Su @ 206-381-8606. Tell him the guys from Menace refferred you.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:27 PM   #30
private modder

Thanked 2,645 Times in 739 Posts
update?
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 PM   #31
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by endless4324 View Post
thx for the help~ i think the cop was just being an a$$.... i was driving at 95 in a 70 zone...he gave me a $550 fine for "Second Degree Negligent Driving (RCW 46.61.525)" and told me its illegal to pull to the left...so another $1,064 (Failure to yield the right of way on approach of emergency vehicle (RCW 46.61.210)) and the way he talked was just rude....
thx again tho~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bali Vince View Post
I did this about 2 years ago. I went to court and got the pulling to the left of highway off.
on the ticket it said "Failed to pull to the RIGHT for emergency vehicles" he even capitalized the "right".
I told the judge that I was scared of changing 3 lanes to pull over to the right because I didn't want to take that long to pull over.
I got that part taken off
Is the first instance the actual wording of the law? Because that's a very different thing than is quoted in the second instance.

Looks like some WA cops are no better at READING the law than some BC cops... assuming the first quote is the actual wording, it's not even a matter of interpretation, it's an outright reading fail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:02 AM   #32
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Yeah, how'd it all go?

I'd dispute it like mad.
They decided to charge you the thing that would cost more.

Sounds like the cop was having a shitty day and power tripped on you.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #33
I am Hook'd on RS

That's crazy because the EXACT same thing happened to me when I was on the interstate.
I was driving my RHD FD in the HOV lane when the cop flashed her lights. I thought it was easier to pull into the large shoulder to the left of me but then she started screaming over the intercom. So I then proceeded to switch lanes 4 or so times to get in the right shoulder.
I only got a $220 ticket though...let us know what happens.
jaggermouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:24 AM   #34
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I have had the same thing happen in WA multiple times, they give out reckless tickets because it can result in loss of your insurance carrier -

GET A LAWYER - this is the only way to fight it properly, I did it twice and while expensive, it was still way cheaper than the ticket.
angus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:34 PM   #35
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

thx for all the replies guys~
just come up here to let u guys know how it went~
I didnt get a lawyer... i decided to do this myself lol....
I got up at 4am in the morning... drove all the way to the court cuz the court time was 8:30(I found out I was the first of the day... how gay... maybe that would lower the chance that i would show up? lol.... I asked for a translator n she was late for an hour... so the judge just told me to sit there and wait... unlike canada...)
the judge lowered the $1,064 one to $150 cuz I told him it was my 2nd time driving in the states, the cop was right behind me flashing his lights n i was afraid to change 4 lanes to the right shoulder cuz i thought it would be dangerous n would take too long... since ive never driven on a highway with so many lanes be4....blah blah....
But for the speeding part, i told him that I admit i was speeding.... but why I got "Second Degree Negligent Driving"... he told me since i was going so fast that I already affected others' safety... blah blah... he didnt lower that fine at all....
so my total came to US700 in total...
I already paied for it... n i started driving like a grandma in the states since then lol...
once again~ thx a lot guys!
endless4324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:05 AM   #36
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Hey guys, I had the exact same thing happen, so I mailed my ticket in to distpute it with a letter explaining what happened. My question now is I see that my name shows up on the http://dw.courts.wa.gov/ website. But it only shows my name, county I got the ticket in (Whatcom), case number, and the date I got the ticket. I cant click into the case, and im searching the case number to see if I have a court date coming up. But theres nothing, anyone know whats going on? Thanks
J'zed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #37
Banned (ABWS)

damn, i guess i got a REAL nice cop...

i was going 95mph in the 70 zone in seattle.

lane next to HOV cop is in HOV puts his spot light on me and signals slow the fuck down and let me be...

all without pulling me over
baggdis300 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #38
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'zed View Post
Hey guys, I had the exact same thing happen, so I mailed my ticket in to distpute it with a letter explaining what happened. My question now is I see that my name shows up on the http://dw.courts.wa.gov/ website. But it only shows my name, county I got the ticket in (Whatcom), case number, and the date I got the ticket. I cant click into the case, and im searching the case number to see if I have a court date coming up. But theres nothing, anyone know whats going on? Thanks
Did you read the BIG RED TEXT at the top of that page?

Due to a severe database hardware failure, data available via this site is only current through December 29, 2010. We are working to resolve this problem as quickly as possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: