REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
Hearing date 2 years after offence date

Hey so I just got a letter in the mail saying I have a hearing date on march23 for a motor vehicle act offence I committed on April6 2008...

i already forgot what the offence was....

also, half a year ago, i already had a hearing for some other MVA offences i committed at the same time as this one (i wrote a letter to the JP asking for reduction and got it) so its weird that they'd leave this one out for a separate hearing...

can i say this took too long and ask for it to be dropped?
Advertisement
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Canadian Charter of Rights
Section 11(b)

More info: http://www.canlii.org/en/ca/charter_digest/s-11-b.html

And it can in fact be used in MVA violation hearing (someone recently told me it didn't apply), despite the absence of criminal charges.

It is neither and easy, nor simple process. You must find a way to access the proper documentation, clearly follow exact steps, get papers signed/stamped by certain people and present and submit information in a precise manner to all the exact authorities.

You should contact legal counsel if you wish to pursue it further. It can be done on your own, but that is not generally advised.
Bainne is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
shitttt i dont think my fine amount justifies all that work though hahaha...

theres no way to link this hearing date with the one i had back in july?? i received all of them together when i was pulled over though... now they're giving me 2 separate hearings for one pull-over?
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
Retired Traffic Cop

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote