REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #26
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

In my experience Euro owners don't seem to mind paying double the going rate.
Advertisement
AdamCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #27
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCo View Post
In my experience Euro owners don't seem to mind paying double the going rate.
yet the smarter Euro owners are somewhat a cheapass that don't wanna get ripped off ....... but, a hot blondy at the front desk may help - just like Boundary MB !

also, some Euro owners may also own these P.O.S 18 years old Honda Civic
BEEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:54 AM   #28
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
i dont know the full details on the shop rate, but i was promised it will be lower than the set BMW Canada shop rate for all the BMW dealerships.

Carrying the Brian Jessel name means there are set levels of high quality standards that wont be lowered. However, this doesnt meant it has to come with a premium price. I can garantee that the shop rate will be significantly lower. Probably not to the level of the smaller shops, but at a very competitive rate with licensed skilled technicians.

Like I said before, Brian Jessel BMW shares the same owner with Brian Jessel Autohaus, but is a different seperate shop garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEB View Post
^ yeah, what's the shop rate? BJ BMW is like what... $150/hr? and Autohaus is ........ ? any way to beat/match some reputable shops like Advance automotive (No.6 road / Steveston hwy) $60-70ish?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:55 AM   #29
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

there wouldnt be this thread if they werent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowside67 View Post
So, are they becoming RS sponsors?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:57 AM   #30
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

i probably can... in about a months time =D if you want to wait til then, then i will have full access to all the programs, suppliers, and equipment to give you a proper quote.

Autohaus is being outfitted with some of the best equipment. Its just gonna be aweseome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
nice SG!
can you pm a quote for rear brake pads install w/ parts and labour?
and labour for installing a BBK
on a '03 996 C2?

thanks!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 01-19-2010, 07:11 AM   #31
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Are they going to be trained on 80's and 90's late model euro's as well? e.g. E30, E34
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #32
Banned (BBM)

oh wow, u were just at parts training and now u are gonna take the big step and run the show at BJ Autohause? Congrats man, thats a fast step up!

Good to hear about this
Lude S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #33
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
Any news on a BMW alarm retrofit for the 3/09 BMWs that aren't prewired?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #34
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

LOL, guess ppl will have a better alternative than taking their cars to No.1 collision

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #35
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

going to be? hell, i learned to drive in an E30! =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
Are they going to be trained on 80's and 90's late model euro's as well? e.g. E30, E34

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 01-19-2010, 01:30 PM   #36
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

brian jessel autohaus wont be a collision autobody shop. BUT the alternative is, you can leave the car for us to take care of the claim. we will simply be sending the car to one of our many trusted autobody shops that we deal with. or even, if u just want a referral to a bodyshop in your area, we can do that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by q0192837465 View Post
LOL, guess ppl will have a better alternative than taking their cars to No.1 collision

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 01-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #37
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Nope, im not running the show, i will however be part of a team, full of experience from service to technical. If anything, ill be humbley learning off them being the new guy and all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lude S View Post
oh wow, u were just at parts training and now u are gonna take the big step and run the show at BJ Autohause? Congrats man, thats a fast step up!

Good to hear about this

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 01-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #38
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
going to be? hell, i learned to drive in an E30! =D
lol you better lay down some E30 knowledge on the staff... I can't imagine the mechanics at new BMW dealerships knowing much about old models anymore, which is why I take 'em to specialty shops that know the car inside and out and all the niggles and tendencies they have.

Best of luck, hope to hear some good experiences.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #39
RS controls my life!

its about time a private dealer did something like this..i don't know why others don't
eurochevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:26 PM   #40
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
This sounds pretty awesome.. keep us updated!
Old 01-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #41
My homepage has been set to RS

that being said why would anyone bring their car to bj bmw service over this service if they are more competitively priced with the same quality?
Old 01-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #42
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

bringing my audi there, so close to home

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #43
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Cool, if the shop rates are fair, I might just go and import that RS4 after all..

2013 Lexus IS350 F-Sport (Melbourne)
too_slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:58 PM   #44
Circle Stick Square Mod

haha i would totally go there it just down the hill for me. but i don't own a bmw.

im suprised that you got BJ Autohaus as a sponsor!

maybe some sexy BMW's at the meet now?

91 240sx (Sold)
86 FC3S (Sold)
99 Civic

!Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #45
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

here is my understanding.

when you have a new car, you are required to bring the car in for servicing due to warranty. now say during its duration under warranty, and you decide to get the job done at some other place, and then you have another issue that can be related to the first time, BMW canada has every right to be suspicious, and can even void your warranty.

now that the warranty is up, you have every option out there to take ur car to! however, this is where Brian Jessel Autohaus comes in? If you can take your car to a place with licensed technicians at a very competitive rate with renowned quality service and parts, why wouldnt you? The point is to retain our customer base. Im sure if u had ur car serviced at Brian Jessel BMW, you will have experienced the great service. Brian Jessel Autohaus hopes to retain that quality level, while offering alternatives to high quality parts and high quality service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohboi View Post
that being said why would anyone bring their car to bj bmw service over this service if they are more competitively priced with the same quality?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 01-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #46
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

once i know more fine details like shop rate, hours of operation, and my position at the new shop, ill be able to help you guys out.

they are still renovating autohaus as i know it. but its gonna be sweet. i got to see the front show room already and man, its HUGE!!!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 01-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #47
Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohboi View Post
if your car is under warranty, would you bring it back to your dealership?
Old 01-19-2010, 06:01 PM   #48
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
here is my understanding.

when you have a new car, you are required to bring the car in for servicing due to warranty. now say during its duration under warranty, and you decide to get the job done at some other place, and then you have another issue that can be related to the first time, BMW canada has every right to be suspicious, and can even void your warranty.

now that the warranty is up, you have every option out there to take ur car to! however, this is where Brian Jessel Autohaus comes in? If you can take your car to a place with licensed technicians at a very competitive rate with renowned quality service and parts, why wouldnt you? The point is to retain our customer base. Im sure if u had ur car serviced at Brian Jessel BMW, you will have experienced the great service. Brian Jessel Autohaus hopes to retain that quality level, while offering alternatives to high quality parts and high quality service.

there has been instances where BMW voided the vehicle warranty because the customer decided to go without the run-flat tires and smoked a pothole, causing damages to the suspension and the rim.

.....it's mentioned somewhere in the very, very fine print.

the idea is BMW's (newer models) were designed with run flats in mnd, altering it by fitting conventional tires on it changes the dynamics drastically.

and people! if you lease a BMW, remember there are only certain brands that will be accepted by BMW Financial upon lease return.

Bridgestone, Goodyears, Michelins, Dunlops, Pirellis, Continentals will be accepted. Not Kumho, not Falken, etc.
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #49
?NR
MonoPod 1 of 3

Thanked 1,024 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
This sounds pretty awesome.. keep us updated!
Did you know your car qualifies for classic club service (reduced door rate + parts discounts)?
?NR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 08:56 PM   #50
My homepage has been set to RS

doesn't bmw canada see this as a huge conflict of interest?
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote