REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   friendship boundaries (https://www.revscene.net/forums/604105-friendship-boundaries.html)

m4k4v4li 01-26-2010 11:37 PM

friendship boundaries

I have a pretty close friend (girl) who recently admitted to liking me. (I'm a guy). It's a pretty big shock to me as I've always seen her strictly as a friend and assumed she did too. We don't have intimate moments nor flirt, ever. I can list a ton of things that are signs of being in the friendzone.

I talk to her quite often and she's like a sister to me. but ever since she admitted to liking me... conversation is pretty akward. its always me now that intiates conversation and I try to make it seem like we're still friends.

is this possible? or should i stop talking to her... its like losing a friend kinda sucks.

The_AK 01-26-2010 11:59 PM

If you want to keep her as a friend, its probably best to tell her straight up what you think about the situation. Better off telling her how you feel about her so she doesn't get mixed signals from you but at the same time you'll be able to maintain the friendship.

Drow 01-27-2010 01:09 AM

props to OP putting a girl in friendzone

hotjoint 01-27-2010 07:17 AM

yeah you need to let her know straight up. Don't lead her on.

Unagi 01-27-2010 10:28 AM

Tell her ASAP

Soundy 01-27-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 6789563)
I have a pretty close friend (girl) who recently admitted to liking me. (I'm a guy). It's a pretty big shock to me as I've always seen her strictly as a friend and assumed she did too. We don't have intimate moments nor flirt, ever. I can list a ton of things that are signs of being in the friendzone.

I talk to her quite often and she's like a sister to me. but ever since she admitted to liking me... conversation is pretty akward. its always me now that intiates conversation and I try to make it seem like we're still friends.

is this possible? or should i stop talking to her... its like losing a friend kinda sucks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AK (Post 6789595)
If you want to keep her as a friend, its probably best to tell her straight up what you think about the situation. Better off telling her how you feel about her so she doesn't get mixed signals from you but at the same time you'll be able to maintain the friendship.

The next important question is: how DO you feel ABOUT HER??

It's great to tell her how you're feeling about the situation - ie. confused - but before you tell her how you feel about her, you should be clear on what those feelings are. At the very least, be fair to her, tell her the situation has caught you a little off-guard, and you need to sort out your feelings for her... unless you know for sure that you'll only ever see her as a friend.

BTW, obligatory RS comment: need pics of the girl :haha:

gearshifter 01-27-2010 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 6790040)

QFT

Culture_Vulture 01-27-2010 01:32 PM

I would think giving it some time would probably be good. Granted, you need to tell her straight up that you don't feel that way about her first.

It's happened to me once, and it's a real shitty feeling.

n1smo 01-27-2010 01:48 PM

friendzone!!

The_AK 01-27-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 6790040)
The next important question is: how DO you feel ABOUT HER??

It's great to tell her how you're feeling about the situation - ie. confused - but before you tell her how you feel about her, you should be clear on what those feelings are. At the very least, be fair to her, tell her the situation has caught you a little off-guard, and you need to sort out your feelings for her... unless you know for sure that you'll only ever see her as a friend.

+1
or think of the time when a girl friend zoned you? How did you feel and what could have made it better when you received this news.

tiger_handheld 01-27-2010 04:21 PM

Hit it n Quit it!

JHuJHu 01-27-2010 08:35 PM

It's only awkward if you make it awkward.

Mugen EvOlutioN 01-27-2010 08:38 PM

what boundary, friends have no boundaries dude

trip 01-27-2010 09:09 PM

you may not have to directly tell her your feelings but hint on it when you talk to her

"hey friend, whats up?" .. sneaking in the word "friend" whenever you can .. she should get the hint without you leading her on and directly speaking to her on your feelings. the "talk" you two have most likely will make things super akward and she'll withdrawl from you for awhile.

mind u .. with the above suggestion you keep talking to her with no misleadings

!Nhan 01-28-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Campo (Post 6790933)
It's only awkward if you make it awkward.

QFT

Culture_Vulture 01-28-2010 10:44 AM

and don't get into a relationship out of pity/wanting to try things out, that really fucks shit up

unless you felt that way beforehand

guddagudd 02-01-2010 07:44 PM

If you do not have any feelings for her then you should definitely try to patch your friendship up with her.

If you do have feelings for her then try to pursue it but do not make it look like you are pitying her.

Remember, friendships are forever but relationships are temporary.

Good Luck!

ShadowBun 02-01-2010 09:17 PM

sounds like you may have some feelings for her too.

Ulic Qel-Droma 02-02-2010 03:54 PM

if u like her go for it. if not, friendzone her, the friendship has already been lost, there's nothing to salvage.

unit 02-02-2010 03:58 PM

^pretty much.
unless u cant see yourself being with her, give it a go

q0192837465 02-02-2010 04:08 PM

Whatever you do, please don't lead other people on. It feels really shitty once the other party finds out.