REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #51
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supman7 View Post
^haha if that's the case I guess I stand corrected. He must have the magic touch, I'm no where near his fitment and I scrub. I love the flush look but it'll destroy my fenders.

yea the guy has got some skillz that's for sure, he daily drives his car and he's not even on coilovers, just aftermarket OEM style shocks, Tokico D-Specs and lowering springs.... but pulling off his look is rare, you really gotta know what you're doing, the guy goes through a different set of wheels every few months so he's had a lot of experience.

I seen your RX-7 though and it's a track car in time attack setup am I correct ?? that setup is perfect already for track purposes, no need for anything overly aggressive for looks since performance is your goal

unless you drift your car too, from my understanding drifters like to stretch because the tires won't flex as much which give them smoother drifts....

and as far as the different styles I've narrowed them down to 3, the first and most hardcore being Bippu where they're bagged and slammed to the max, then you got your coilovered cars with stretched tires and rims poking past the fender, and then you got your Flush setups where the tires are barely stretched, but the camber settings and offsets are so perfect that you're sitting perfectly lined up with the fender.
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2010, 01:50 AM   #52
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Does that G35 rub through turns? You normally need some stretch (and negative camber) on the tires so it clears the fender lip as you turn, otherwise rub galore, unless "x" car has enough camber and caster change when steering.

On my car, that would rub unless I'm riding on bumpstops.

"Harvey Belafonte ain't black. He's just a good looking white guy dipped in caramel. " - Archie Bunker
Bonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 04:01 PM   #53
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adon View Post
yea the guy has got some skillz that's for sure, he daily drives his car and he's not even on coilovers, just aftermarket OEM style shocks, Tokico D-Specs and lowering springs.... but pulling off his look is rare, you really gotta know what you're doing, the guy goes through a different set of wheels every few months so he's had a lot of experience.

I seen your RX-7 though and it's a track car in time attack setup am I correct ?? that setup is perfect already for track purposes, no need for anything overly aggressive for looks since performance is your goal

unless you drift your car too, from my understanding drifters like to stretch because the tires won't flex as much which give them smoother drifts....

and as far as the different styles I've narrowed them down to 3, the first and most hardcore being Bippu where they're bagged and slammed to the max, then you got your coilovered cars with stretched tires and rims poking past the fender, and then you got your Flush setups where the tires are barely stretched, but the camber settings and offsets are so perfect that you're sitting perfectly lined up with the fender.
that's right, it's setup for track days. However I see it everyday sitting in the garage, can't help but think how much nicer it'll look if the wheels came out 15mm more. Oh well.

As for streched tires and less flex makes sense, but runner lower profile tires (or stiffer sidewalls by design) has the same effect without compromising the tire. Stretched tires were never meant to be a performance gain but purely for looks, less flex for drifting is just a bonus. Haha I'm not a drifter so there could be some technical stuff behind why they do it but I don't see any gain from less traction.
supman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:20 PM   #54
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

For all the haters. Rep that fitament.

http://www.stanceworks.com/

http://fatlace.com/hellaflush/
sittin sidewayz is offline   Reply With Quote