REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
This is not a Missile stop asking questions

supposedly a number of these was seen over the skies in Newfoundland

and nobody is giving any answers

people were trying to direct it @ France as they were testing missiles on their side of the Atlantic but they concluded their tests days before and their missiles landed in the ocean close to South Carolina

side note, can't find the article atm but supposedly a few years ago (2005) some US military company wanted to build a facility in NL, don't know if they ended up doing so or not

http://www.cbc.ca/politics/insidepol...go-to-die.html << story of a reporters difficulty at getting answers about this

Quote:
PMO says mysterious sighting off Newfoundland is not a missile

(CP) – 7 hours ago

HARBOUR MILLE, N.L. — The Prime Minister Office says there is no evidence of anyone firing a rocket near Newfoundland's southern coast.

"There is no indication that there was ever a rocket launch," Dimitri Soudas, a spokesman for Prime Minister Stephen Harper, said Thursday in an email.

But a Liberal MP is accusing Ottawa of failing to provide answers on the mysterious sightings from earlier this week.

Gerry Byrne, the MP for Humber-St. Barbe-Baie Verte, said Thursday he had received no further information on the missile-like objects seen earlier this week.

"The objective here should be to dispel rumours and conspiracy theories," he said from Corner Brook, N.L.

"It's not making any sense and nobody's providing any real answers, so questions are mounting."

Originally on Wednesday, the RCMP said questions about the alleged missile sightings were being handled by Public Safety Canada, which had no comment other than to refer questions back to the RCMP. Then on Thursday, that federal department referred questions to the PMO.

"The PMO has made a definitive statement, and I will not be adding to it," said Christopher McCLuskey of Public Safety Canada in an email to The Canadian Press.

The ongoing confusion arose when a woman in Harbour Mille claimed she was outside taking pictures of the sunset Monday when she saw something fly overhead.

Darlene Stewart said she then alerted two neighbours and they saw three similar objects flying through the air.

Stewart's photo shows a long, rocket-like projectile cruising through the sky with a trail of flames and smoke behind it, but it's difficult to tell how big it is and how close it is to shore.

A radio station in St. John's said a French media outlet reported that France had conducted a ballistic missile test in the Atlantic Ocean, but far from the area where something was seen.

No one from the French Embassy in Ottawa was available for comment.

A spokesman for the Canadian Forces said they were aware of the reports and have confirmed there have been no planned missile exercises off the seaboard.

"There's no threat to the security of Canada," Maj. Jason Proulx said from Ottawa.

Byrne said he's concerned for the safety of residents if missile tests are being done and no one is being told about them.

Copyright © 2010 The Canadian Press. All rights reserved.
The RCMP says this is a national defense issue, they cant find anything criminal and directed ppl to contact Public Safety, Public Safety says talk to the RCMP

PMO says don't look at me

hmm
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
aliens yo!!!
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,491 Times in 341 Posts
lol i bet our military is so shitty that they dont even know what it is
AVS_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Mericans do fly up in the northern airspace... Maybe a fighter got trigger happy?

If not, probably just tests and I recommend Neuffies to get out in case of possible nuclear fallout
Old 01-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 2,584 Times in 610 Posts
looks like a dildo.

dildo! what are you doing in the sky you're not a rocket!
you're just a dildo and you look so silly!
Old 01-29-2010, 05:52 PM   #6
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
wow, so no1 cares that theres missiles flying over Canada in secret oO
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #7
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #8
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 2,719 Times in 392 Posts
Oh god its a sign. 2012 is going to kill us all...

:P
1982 TE72
1988 5.0
1990 S13 Coupe
2006 Mazda B4000 4x4
1987 Ae86 Coupe
1988 Cressida Wagon
1985 Cressida 7m Swap
1987 Ae86 Hatch
1989 FC
cressydrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #9
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
i like how public safety canada has no comment when missile-like projectiles are flying over our skies

what do we pay them for again?
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote