REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 01-30-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

How much do you spend on ties? Opinions and Thoughts.

Just curious how much you guys usually shell out for ties?

Purchasing brand names such as Boss Canali and Salvatore cost roughly around $120-$150 no discount. I usually notice there are hardly any discounts either around those things.

I kind of feel weird spending that much on a tie where I can get pretty much a brand name shirt for roughly the same price. But are ties more important than shirts?

Since shirts you can repetitively wear it but just changing your tie, would just mean changing your "look" right? What are your guys views?

Tie or dress shirts more important? Which one should one have more of?
Advertisement
ASG111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 8,025 Times in 2,085 Posts
Well the most expensive tie I have is $150, most of my other ties are like $20 but mind you I usually wear skinny ties and skinny ties aren't exactly that expensive unless it's Dior. I don't think spending $100+ on ties is it worth unless you work in the business field and you wear suits/shirts all the time.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
RS controls my life!

where do you typically buy ties? skinny ties or nice ones that are around $20 you are referring to? Mind intro-ing me to a couple places/sites?
Old 01-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #4

I have 4 skinny ties, 3 of which are asos brand and come be purchased from asos.com. The only one that isn't purchased from Asos is my Dolce & Gabbana skinny tie which I purchased when I was in NY last year.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-30-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

most of my ties fall around the 50 dollar range. i have one tie that is 120 and thats it

go fuck her brains out, shoot all in her mouth, and leave
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=526766
nosleepboy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Gekko View Post
I have 4 skinny ties, 3 of which are asos brand and come be purchased from asos.com. The only one that isn't purchased from Asos is my Dolce & Gabbana skinny tie which I purchased when I was in NY last year.
when ordering thru Asos.com, do they charge you customs/duties when come to Canada or they help you under declare value?

I see some Asos seem to have some solid suits and dress pants and stuff as well, how are their quality? the shoes definitely have some looking like Schmoove. lol
Old 01-31-2010, 12:25 AM   #7
SFICC-03*

Thanked 1,525 Times in 606 Posts
i have one tie that i think cost me 175.
the rest of them are fairly cheap.
i think ties are something you would only wear a few times... once ppl recognize it, you probably dont wanna wear it anymore.
because of that i wouldnt spend more than 50-60 on a new tie unless you really liked it and planned on keeping it for a long time.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:15 AM   #8
RS controls my life!

Asos doesn't charge you customs if its necessary until it has arrived in canada but of the 3 times Ive ordered which were all over $150 I did not pay have customs/duties. PS, their shoes are not the best quality...
Alar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alar View Post
Asos doesn't charge you customs if its necessary until it has arrived in canada but of the 3 times Ive ordered which were all over $150 I did not pay have customs/duties. PS, their shoes are not the best quality...
have you tried ordering other Asos other stuff? like dress shirts, hoodies or other stuff?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #10
Banned (ABWS)

jeff_alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 03:32 PM   #11

Asos ships via Canadapost but the last order was via DHL, no idea why. You might get charged customs if your item is over $100 but sometimes you don't.

I have a few shirts and sweaters from Asos and the quality and fit is pretty decent for the price you pay. Their jeans and pants also fit pretty good and imo is worth the price. My everyday jeans are asos and I've been asked by people what kind of jeans they are because the fit is prefect. The only shoes I have from the asos brand are a pair of patent chelsea boots which were made in Italy and the quality is pretty good. If you're looking for a true slim fit, asos brand is for you.