REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Need help: Get rid of "bothersome ex-datee" (https://www.revscene.net/forums/604592-need-help-get-rid-bothersome-ex-datee.html)

miss_crayon 01-31-2010 11:54 PM

Need help: Get rid of "bothersome ex-datee"

**EDIT: I think the word "stalker" was a little hardcore and a bit on emotion since he bothered me last night, so I changed it to "Bothersome ex-datee" MMKAY?

Title is self explanatory.

Have a stalkerish ex-datee still bothering me after 3 years, need help. His psycho-exgf has already been a problem and I would really like this madness to end.

What_the? 01-31-2010 11:57 PM

restraining order his ass... serious

Culture_Vulture 02-01-2010 12:13 AM

did you try a harsh/public/both rejection yet?
that usually blows those low self-esteem stalkerish types right out of the water.

raygunpk 02-01-2010 12:20 AM

restraining order +1

xnguyen 02-01-2010 12:32 AM

Say something like "leave me the hell alone, I'm putting a restraining order up your ass"?

greendb7 02-01-2010 12:55 AM

show him a bit of some harsh rejection like stated above, no point in being nice anymore so get your point across nice and clear and if that doesnt work, then yes a restraining order should work nicely

welfare 02-01-2010 01:11 AM

how is he contacting you? if it's just by phone, maybe change your #
i don't think restraining orders are as easy to get as some may think

raygunpk 02-01-2010 01:17 AM

if you put his #/email on here, he would get destroyed.

Culture_Vulture 02-01-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raygunpk (Post 6797231)
if you put his #/email on here, he would get destroyed.

that's just another cock for the average RSer
Facebook would be much more entertaining!

FN-2199 02-01-2010 01:27 AM

I wouldn't resort to attacking/flaming the stalker in any way.
I guess the best way is confrontation or just continue to ignore? That's what happened to my girlfriend's ex. Crazy bastard wouldn't leave us alone for a good year. We confronted and ignored, and eventually things died down.

What have you done so far?

turb0fr3ak 02-01-2010 02:25 AM

wow this guy must be desperate

HollyZ32 02-01-2010 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by What_the? (Post 6797132)
restraining order his ass... serious

+ 1 for sure
I had a stalker to for while just soul crush him ;) baha
Posted via RS Mobile

tiger_handheld 02-01-2010 09:15 AM

why dont you ask Sapford Plow - i'm sure he can give you first hand experience on how girls got rid of him ;)

Inaii 02-01-2010 11:53 AM

Uhhh... 3 years and you're asking Revscene what to do? C'mon crayon this is easy, call the cops. You're only encouraging him by not getting the law involved.

Girl 02-01-2010 12:44 PM

According to the Criminal Code of Canada, stalking is considered "criminal harassment" which is defined as the following:

"No person shall, without lawful authority and knowing that another person is harassed or recklessly as to whether the other person is harassed, engage in (the following) conduct ...that causes that other person reasonably, in all the circumstances, to fear for their safety or the safety of anyone known to them:

-Repeatedly following from place to place the other person or anyone known to them;

-Repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or anyone known to them;

-Besetting or watching the dwelling-house, or place where the other person, or anyone known to them, resides, works, carries on business or happens to be; or

-Engaging in (such) threatening conduct directed at the other person or any member of their family."

---

My sister's ex stalked her for years, he'd park his car at her place and call her at odd hours of the night and play creepy love songs, WHILE he had a girlfriend. He'd just watch her. She couldnt get herself to call the cops though.

cdizzle_996 02-01-2010 01:43 PM

Don't wash you crotch for a few months, invite him over, tell him to go to town ;) You'll never hear from him again.

!Yaminashi 02-01-2010 01:46 PM

Or that could completely backfire and he might like it for some weird stalkerish reason

quasi 02-01-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 6797692)
According to the Criminal Code of Canada, stalking is considered "criminal harassment" which is defined as the following:

"No person shall, without lawful authority and knowing that another person is harassed or recklessly as to whether the other person is harassed, engage in (the following) conduct ...that causes that other person reasonably, in all the circumstances, to fear for their safety or the safety of anyone known to them:

-Repeatedly following from place to place the other person or anyone known to them;

-Repeatedly communicating with, either directly or indirectly, the other person or anyone known to them;

-Besetting or watching the dwelling-house, or place where the other person, or anyone known to them, resides, works, carries on business or happens to be; or

-Engaging in (such) threatening conduct directed at the other person or any member of their family."

---

My sister's ex stalked her for years, he'd park his car at her place and call her at odd hours of the night and play creepy love songs, WHILE he had a girlfriend. He'd just watch her. She couldnt get herself to call the cops though.

You're a women it should be stupid easy for you to get rid of this guy using the law. I won't go into details but basically a buddy of mine got arrested because he told his stalker bitch of an old girlfriend to fuck off and leave him and his new girlfriend alone or he'd kill her. He's never had more then a parking ticket but ended up in jail for 13 hours, had to hire a lawyer because of those last three words in his get the fuck out of my life statement. He probably shouldn't have said it even if it wasn't meant to be taken literally but it really opened my eyes to how skewed the law is to protect women. If a guy said that to another guy or a women said it to a man nothing would happen.

SumAznGuy 02-01-2010 02:14 PM

File a police report about this guy and his pyschogf stalking/harassing you. They will fill out the necessary form/paper work to get an 810 against this guy and his gf.

If they try to contact you, then call the police and have them thrown in jail.

Princess121 02-01-2010 02:47 PM

Ditto on the restraining order..but does this guy keep contacting you cause maybe every once in a while you are sending him little texts or contacting him yourself?

I will admit im guilty of doing this, where a relationship goes bust, then I tell the guy to piss off, yet every now and then I have sent texts or answered his phone calls, then when im really done with him, ill say hes a stalker...

From experience myself, when your done..take them off facebook,delete their number out of your phone to avoid drunk flirty texts..etc...etc...

But like the others have said restraining order A.S.A.P his ass..

BallPeenHammer2 02-01-2010 05:25 PM

What has he actually done so far? More details please.
I have dealt with a stalker ex before. It's a little more complicated than just calling the cops and telling them you have someone harassing you.

You will be required to provide evidence of any wrongdoing, and the evidence must be substantial. Not circumstantial.

Anything you can get will really help, such as if you catch the vehicle at your place more than a few days a week. Example: must be by your house, or across the street, etc. Cannot be: a block down, etc. When the police question him at one point, then he will require to provide an alibi (be it official or unofficial) to prove that he's at his friend's house, etc.

Pictures, voice recordings, text messages (hey, Tiger got busted that way), anything. Also, please don't forget witnesses, be it at the time of or character ones.

Anything will help.

hotjoint 02-01-2010 06:07 PM

yes restraining order

guddagudd 02-01-2010 07:28 PM

i have a baton you can borrow...:$

ShadowBun 02-01-2010 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 6797786)
You're a women it should be stupid easy for you to get rid of this guy using the law. I won't go into details but basically a buddy of mine got arrested because he told his stalker bitch of an old girlfriend to fuck off and leave him and his new girlfriend alone or he'd kill her. He's never had more then a parking ticket but ended up in jail for 13 hours, had to hire a lawyer because of those last three words in his get the fuck out of my life statement. He probably shouldn't have said it even if it wasn't meant to be taken literally but it really opened my eyes to how skewed the law is to protect women. If a guy said that to another guy or a women said it to a man nothing would happen.

i know eh.
its like there should be a male revolution soon

miss_crayon 02-01-2010 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess121 (Post 6797852)
Ditto on the restraining order..but does this guy keep contacting you cause maybe every once in a while you are sending him little texts or contacting him yourself?

I will admit im guilty of doing this, where a relationship goes bust, then I tell the guy to piss off, yet every now and then I have sent texts or answered his phone calls, then when im really done with him, ill say hes a stalker...

From experience myself, when your done..take them off facebook,delete their number out of your phone to avoid drunk flirty texts..etc...etc...

But like the others have said restraining order A.S.A.P his ass..

I have DEFINITELY not kept in contact with this guy. I've been ignoring his texts, blocked his msn/facebook/his friends from my life so I thought he'd get the hint/or think this is no longer my number---but obviously he doesn't. I don't think slapping a restraining order is needed because he's not technically harming me or showing up everywher I go, but I'd really like this guy to seriously just leave me alone.

and fyi: whenever his psycho ex called she'd always call from a private number so even when I called fido to release the number to me so I could complain to the local RCMP, they wouldn't give it to me because of privacy issues. But I know for sure it was her because the last time I did see him, I confronted him about her and told him to tell her leave me the fuck alone. And he said she is crazy and he's sorry that she's been calling me and msging me. The best part of it was he said they weren't even "official"

In a way..I feel bad for him too.