REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:11 AM   #1
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Last Words...

(got this from another site)

Texas state posts the last words of death row inmates
http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/executedoffenders.htm

Here's one of them:

Quote:
Originally posted by Napoleon Beazely, 25

The act I committed to put me here was not just heinous, it was senseless. But the person that committed that act is no longer here - I am.

I'm not going to struggle physically against any restraints. I'm not going to shout, use profanity or make idle threats. Understand though that I'm not only upset, but I'm saddened by what is happening here tonight. I'm not only saddened, but disappointed that a system that is supposed to protect and uphold what is just and right can be so much like me when I made the same shameful mistake.

If someone tried to dispose of everyone here for participating in this killing, I'd scream a resounding, "No." I'd tell them to give them all the gift that they would not give me...and that's to give them all a second chance.

I'm sorry that I am here. I'm sorry that you're all here. I'm sorry that John Luttig died. And I'm sorry that it was something in me that caused all of this to happen to begin with.

Tonight we tell the world that there are no second chances in the eyes of justice...Tonight, we tell our children that in some instances, in some cases, killing is right.

This conflict hurts us all, there are no SIDES. The people who support this proceeding think this is justice. The people that think that I should live think that is justice. As difficult as it may seem, this is a clash of ideals, with both parties committed to what they feel is right. But who's wrong if in the end we're all victims?

In my heart, I have to believe that there is a peaceful compromise to our ideals. I don't mind if there are none for me, as long as there are for those who are yet to come. There are a lot of men like me on death row - good men - who fell to the same misguided emotions, but may not have recovered as I have.

Give those men a chance to do what's right. Give them a chance to undo their wrongs. A lot of them want to fix the mess they started, but don't know how. The problem is not in that people aren't willing to help them find out, but in the system telling them it won't matter anyway. No one wins tonight. No one gets closure. No one walks away victorious.

Napoleon Beazely was 17 when he shot and killed a 63yr old, John Luttig, in a car-jacking

here's his pic and charges etc http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/statisti...st/beazley.jpg

some are amusing last words some are sad some are thought provoking

if you look at their offenses a lot of the crimes are ghastly, but you also look at their education level, some of them don't even have all of Elementary school
Advertisement

Last edited by StylinRed; 02-02-2010 at 05:30 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #2
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Yeah. I often get angry with the justice system and call for mass executions China-style, but the reality is that people are a product of their environments -- if we grew up in their shoes and faced physical/sexual abuse or extreme poverty and only knew how to get cash by dealing crack, I have no doubt we'd do the same as we wouldn't know how to get out of that life.

EDIT: Just read the police report. The dude shot him when he got out of the car. He deserves to burn in hell!!!
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by achiam View Post
EDIT: Just read the police report. The dude shot him when he got out of the car. He deserves to burn in hell!!!
which report? the one i linked doesnt say anything about him coming out of the car (not that it matters)

i did some googling though but the man who was murdered, his son is a high ranking Judge in Texas and was buddies with Bush (what are the odds)

edit: did some more wiki'ing and it turns out this case was quite prominent

Quote:
Napoleon Beazley
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_Beazley
Jump to: navigation, search

Napoleon Beazley (August 5, 1976 – May 28, 2002) was a convicted murderer executed by lethal injection by the State of Texas for the murder of 63-year-old Texas businessman John Luttig in 1994. Beazley shot Luttig in his garage on April 19, 1994 in order to steal his family's Mercedes-Benz car. Beazley also shot at Luttig's wife, but he missed and she survived the assault by playing dead. Beazley carried out the crime with two accomplices, Cedrick and Donald Coleman, who later testified against him. Both are serving life sentences in prison.

Beazley's case is notable because he was 17 years, eight and one-half months old at the time of the offense and because his victim was the father of a Federal Judge, J. Michael Luttig. During his appeals to the U.S. Supreme Court, three of the nine justices recused themselves because of their personal ties to Judge Luttig, leaving six justices to review the case. Justice Antonin Scalia recused himself because Luttig had clerked for him, while Justices David Souter and Clarence Thomas recused themselves from the decision because Luttig had led the George H. W. Bush Administration's successful effort to gain U.S. Senate confirmation for them to the Supreme Court.

On August 13, 2001, the Court voted 3-3 on Beazley's request for a stay of execution, with the tie vote resulting in a rejection of the request.[1] On May 28, 2002, the Court voted unanimously 6-0 to reject Beazley's request for a writ of habeas corpus.[2] Scalia, Souter, and Thomas recused themselves in both votes.

Beazley's execution sparked a fierce debate between opponents and supporters of the death penalty, particularly with respect to juvenile offenders. Many organizations, such as Amnesty International, argued in favor of clemency due to his age (Beazley was at the time of the offense 3˝ months from his 18th birthday) and their opposition to the death penalty in general.[3]

Others supported his sentence, pointing out that Beazley shot a 63-year old man simply to steal his car and his guilt was not in dispute (Beazley confessed to the crime). In addition, they pointed to a lack of mitigating factors. For example, Beazley had not grown up in a poor or abusive family.[4] Many believed[who?] that since he was only 3˝ months from being a legal adult that his judgment was substantially the same as it would have been had he been 18, and scoffed at the notion that he was, in effect, a "child," although he couldn't vote and was subject to youth curfew laws at the time of his crime.

Beazley was one of the last juvenile offenders to be executed in the United States. In 2004, the Supreme Court (in Roper v. Simmons) banned the practice of executing offenders who were under the age of 18 when they committed their crimes.

A documentary on his story, entitled "Two Hours to Tyler", recently aired on BET and has been shown in numerous film festivals.

Last edited by StylinRed; 02-02-2010 at 06:06 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #4
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
interesting read
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
interesting site indeed
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
wow , this guy is fucked

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/murraywilliam.htm

raping a 93 year old female.....and caused her to death... This guy deserve a death penalty for sure...

some of the statements in here are so vivid that i can just imagine the picture right now
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I don't like how he calls himself a victim, he put himself there.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #8
Ubereem Mod

Quote:
Tonight we tell the world that there are no second chances in the eyes of justice...Tonight, we tell our children that in some instances, in some cases, killing is right.
Eyes of Justice? <--- Justice is blind so they are impartial to you and servce justice....does anyone look at the statue in all the courts?? They always have a blindfold.

Lady Justice is often depicted wearing a blindfold. This is done in order to indicate that justice is (or should be) meted out objectively, without fear or favor, regardless of identity, money, power, or weakness: blind justice and blind impartiality

Last edited by Gt-R R34; 02-02-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #9
I subscribe to Revscene

the justice system in america is perfect, canada should adopt the same system but with death penalty in all provinces
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2010, 12:06 PM   #10
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
funny how they put their race as one of the categories
does it even matter??
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #11
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiuYi View Post
funny how they put their race as one of the categories
does it even matter??
Apparently it does.
Mizter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #12
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,259 Times in 439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I don't like how he calls himself a victim, he put himself there.
he does make very valid points though.
how are we any different then him? no matter what the arguments are, at the end of the day we are both killing someone.

why not just lock him up for life without parole?
TheKingdom2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #13
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx703 View Post
he does make very valid points though.
how are we any different then him? no matter what the arguments are, at the end of the day we are both killing someone.

why not just lock him up for life without parole?
The American justice system is based on Vengeance & Retribution
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #14
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
The American justice system is based on Vengeance & Retribution
So is their foreign policy, thankfully they both are effective
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:11 PM   #15
Banned (ABWS)

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROY JEEENNNKINS!!!!!!!!!!!
jeff_alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:29 PM   #16
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Porter #551 View Post
I want to thank Father Walsh for his spiritual help. I want to thank Bob Ray (Sanders) and Steve Blow for their friendship. What I want people to know is that they call me a cold-blooded killer when I shot a man that shot me first. The only thing that convicted me was that I am a Mexican and that he was a police officer. People hollered for my life, and they are to have my life tonight. The people never hollered for the life of the policeman that killed a thirteen-year-old boy who was handcuffed in the back seat of a police car. The people never hollered for the life of a Houston police officer who beat up and drowned Jose Campo Torres and threw his body in the river. You call that equal justice. This is your equal justice. This is America’s equal justice. A Mexican’s life is worth nothing. When a policeman kills someone he gets a suspended sentence or probation. When a Mexican kills a police officer this is what you get. From there you call me a cold-blooded murderer. I didn’t tie anyone to a stretcher. I didn’t pump any poison into anybody’s veins from behind a locked door. You call this justice. I call this and your society a bunch of cold-blooded murderers. I don’t say this with any bitterness or anger. I just say this with truthfulness. I hope God forgives me for all my sins. I hope that God will be as merciful to society as he has been to me. I’m ready, Warden.
Some crazy mofos out there.

This one kinda reminds me of vancouver.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:42 PM   #17
I don't like cheese but I love milk!

Not trying to defend either side here, but I never understand how come sometimes a 17 years old who killed 1 person get executed, while others who committed multiple first degree murder + rape can get out of prison in 20 years.
Ferra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #18
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,133 Times in 309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
Not trying to defend either side here, but I never understand how come sometimes a 17 years old who killed 1 person get executed, while others who committed multiple first degree murder + rape can get out of prison in 20 years.
Sadly it's all in who you kill and the victim's/family connections.
Babykiller - And next to that, there's a little dot called a period. It's not the stuff you eat out of your sisters gash, it's a handy little tool for breaking up sentences so they don't look like nonsensical retard garbage.
Brianrietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #19
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Sadly it's all in who you kill and the victim's/family connections.
Kill a black girl from the projects and you'll get manslaughter, a blond attractive cheerleader from suburbia and you'll get the injection. I dare you to prove me wrong with stats.
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #20
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5-S View Post
the justice system in america is perfect, canada should adopt the same system but with death penalty in all provinces
Fuck that! I wouldn't just stop at bringing back death penalty in Canada. I'd one-up that and bring public torture BEFORE execution, broadcast on public TV.

EDIT: in HD.
achiam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by: