REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 03-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #51
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Inglourious Basterds definitely was one of the best of the year. Actually, for Best Picture, my ranking was...

The Hurt Locker
Up in the Air
Inglourious Basterds
An Education
District 9
The Blind Side
Up

And I haven't seen the other two.
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #52
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
And The Hurt Locker did not go straight to DVD. It was limited release in 2008 and actually had the highest PER THEATER gross on opening weekend. Problem was, it was only released in four theaters on opening week. It's not a big budget film as it only cost $11m to make and it ran in a lot of film festivals in 2008.

Like most indie flicks, it didn't get distribution from a big media house and after awhile, it went to DVD...THIS YEAR (Jan 2010).
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #53
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsunu View Post
Bla should have been more clear. I actually believed that Hurt locker should've have won this year, hands down. I was just trying to argue against how often people say avatar = retard, hurt locker = intellectual enjoyment.
Sorry, didn't really mean to quote you. Was going to write something else as a reply to your post and ended up going in a different direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
That happened in Avatar...I saw the future of movies. Did I see a good movie? Not really.
Didn't make you think the same way you would have after watching No Country For Old Men, though.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote