REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   JERSEY STITCHING ?!? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/604818-jersey-stitching.html)

woooo 02-02-2010 07:44 PM

JERSEY STITCHING ?!?

Hi guys,
Normally I just get my jerseys stitched at the team store but since they are closed I'm looking for recommendations for alternatives.

I've heard Scoff, Cyclone Taylors, Jersey City...

This are all considerably more expensive as team store with discount is only $64+tax where as all these are $100+
I'm looking for actual stitched on and not just pressed.
Thanks in advance !

mickz 02-03-2010 10:28 PM

Assuming you're getting a Canucks or Canada jersey done if you usually go through the Team Store. I hear Pacific Coast Cresting does it for $60.

Sentinel 02-04-2010 12:01 AM

Game On Sports. I think The Hockey Shop does too... I might be wrong.

woooo 02-09-2010 08:19 PM

thanks mickz. Actually a team germany jersey that I'm getting Ehrhoff on. I checked out pacific coast cresting, i emailed the guy to get more information as they never answer the phone, not very good customer service, but it was much cheaper than other places so i did drive out to check them out, they operate in the back of a luggage repair store in a bad neighbourhood as well so i decided to just pay the extra money and get it done at the mall. Can't wait until the canucks team store is open again.

mickz 02-09-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woooo (Post 6809924)
thanks mickz. Actually a team germany jersey that I'm getting Ehrhoff on. I checked out pacific coast cresting, i emailed the guy to get more information as they never answer the phone, not very good customer service, but it was much cheaper than other places so i did drive out to check them out, they operate in the back of a luggage repair store in a bad neighbourhood as well so i decided to just pay the extra money and get it done at the mall. Can't wait until the canucks team store is open again.

Which shop did you end up getting it done at?

woooo 02-09-2010 09:17 PM

At Blue Line Sports, paid $100 + tax which was more than I would like but their turnaround time was the fastest too. Sent out every Tuesday ready for pickup the following Tuesday. I definitely will stick with Authentix when they reopen and when I don't have a rush to get it done.

Okami 02-10-2010 11:16 PM

so pretty much if i have a blank 3rd jersey they will make it into like a luongo jersey for 60 bucks at team store? thanks

mickz 02-10-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rice_demon (Post 6811439)
so pretty much if i have a blank 3rd jersey they will make it into like a luongo jersey for 60 bucks at team store? thanks

$80+tax. $64+tax if you're a STH.

woooo 02-11-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 6811449)
$80+tax. $64+tax if you're a STH.

Exactly.
Be aware that they send them out east apparently to the "official" stitching company so you won't get it back for about a month.

mickz 02-11-2010 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woooo (Post 6812642)
Exactly.
Be aware that they send them out east apparently to the "official" stitching company so you won't get it back for about a month.

The current home, away, third and the vintage stick jerseys are done locally for a faster turnaround. All others are sent out of province.

woooo 02-11-2010 07:14 PM

Really? I had my third jersey sent in around the first month of the season and it took that long

mickz 02-12-2010 11:44 PM

You probably just caught them during one of their busy periods where they get their store jerseys done. They stopped sending those jerseys out of province midway through the 08-09 season.

Okami 02-13-2010 12:05 PM

so i guess i better miss the bandwagon.. and do it early..

The Hype 02-14-2010 10:09 PM

I'll throw my 2 cents in here and put in a mention for Gamedaysportsarchive. It's in Toronto, and I was quoted $40 for the kit and $10 for sewing it on, so $50 total plus shipping to get it there and back. I mention this because the guy (Truman) can do some insanely obscure jerseys... I sent him my Mighty Ducks Wildwing jersey to have Selanne put on it (I'm so excited!!). So if you've got some rare jerseys you want name/number on, shoot him an email. His responses are always quick, and the price is pretty reasonable too.

The people who do the cresting for Jersey City also do a great job, but the turnaround time (ie 1 month) absolutely sucks.

mickz 02-14-2010 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hype (Post 6817437)
I'll throw my 2 cents in here and put in a mention for Gamedaysportsarchive. It's in Toronto, and I was quoted $40 for the kit and $10 for sewing it on, so $50 total plus shipping to get it there and back. I mention this because the guy (Truman) can do some insanely obscure jerseys... I sent him my Mighty Ducks Wildwing jersey to have Selanne put on it (I'm so excited!!). So if you've got some rare jerseys you want name/number on, shoot him an email. His responses are always quick, and the price is pretty reasonable too.

The people who do the cresting for Jersey City also do a great job, but the turnaround time (ie 1 month) absolutely sucks.

Are they this place? http://gamedaysportsarchives.com/ Just looking at the Canucks jerseys on that site and the salmon red skate jersey looks like the letters on the name and the front C are too large. I don't think that jersey had a name bar either, since the other third jerseys from that era (Wildwing Ducks and TB Lightning) had the letters sewn directly onto the jersey without a name bar.

Most of the other cresting looks good though. Any pics of your Wildwing jersey? It's one of the jerseys I've been looking endlessly for but didn't want to pay through the roof for it. I wonder if they'll do non-NHL jerseys, I just picked up a Vancouver Voodoo RHI jersey...

The Hype 02-15-2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 6817513)
Are they this place? http://gamedaysportsarchives.com/ Just looking at the Canucks jerseys on that site and the salmon red skate jersey looks like the letters on the name and the front C are too large. I don't think that jersey had a name bar either, since the other third jerseys from that era (Wildwing Ducks and TB Lightning) had the letters sewn directly onto the jersey without a name bar.

Most of the other cresting looks good though. Any pics of your Wildwing jersey? It's one of the jerseys I've been looking endlessly for but didn't want to pay through the roof for it. I wonder if they'll do non-NHL jerseys, I just picked up a Vancouver Voodoo RHI jersey...

Well I came across a picture of a Mogilny alternate in this thread : http://forum.canucks.com/topic/17805...te-jersey-red/ and it looks like it has a namebar. The numbers look to be the same size (if judging where the respective numbers are in relation to where the gradients are). Although I do agree that the old alternate's had the numbers sewn directly to the jersey, I've also seen a couple Lightning ones with an arched namebar. Either way he's been an awesome guy to deal with and if he can do my Wildwing without a namebar, I'm sure he can tackle an old Vancouver third.

No pics of my Wildwing yet as I just sent it out to him yesterday. And good luck trying to find a deal on a Wildwing because quite simply, I don't think you will. The last bunch that were on Ebay went for ~ $200 (although one XXL went unnoticed for $50!!) , and there was someone selling a XXL Selanne Wildwing on the Vancouver Craigslist a while back and he wanted close to $400. A little too rich, and too big for my taste! And props on getting a Vancouver Voodoo jersey! I remember going to those games as a kid and they were awesome. Shoot him an email and see what he says because that's very, very obscure!

mickz 02-15-2010 01:48 AM

The guy who bought the Wildwing Selanne jersey on eBay and the guy selling it locally on CL is the same guy. I dealt with him before when I sold him a jersey. The kid's name is Kevin and he's a massive reseller who constantly looks for deals online in order to make a quick buck. He must be on eBay 24/7 because I've seen him find some nice gems like mid-90s Third jerseys or authentic jerseys for dirt cheap.

He goes by "Gawdawaful" on eBay: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

The Hype 02-15-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 6817680)
The guy who bought the Wildwing Selanne jersey on eBay and the guy selling it locally on CL is the same guy. I dealt with him before when I sold him a jersey. The kid's name is Kevin and he's a massive reseller who constantly looks for deals online in order to make a quick buck. He must be on eBay 24/7 because I've seen him find some nice gems like mid-90s Third jerseys or authentic jerseys for dirt cheap.

He goes by "Gawdawaful" on eBay: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

I know who you're talking about, but it's not him. Different guy named Jesse w/ the Selanne Wildwing. Tried bargaining with him for it (even offered my CCM/RBK discount), but he was still firm on the price so I said forget it. Ended up finding a Wildwing in a size Large and now it's being customized for cheaper than what he wanted!

mickz 02-15-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hype (Post 6817926)
I know who you're talking about, but it's not him. Different guy named Jesse w/ the Selanne Wildwing. Tried bargaining with him for it (even offered my CCM/RBK discount), but he was still firm on the price so I said forget it. Ended up finding a Wildwing in a size Large and now it's being customized for cheaper than what he wanted!

Yeah I think I know who you're talking about, white guy from Richmond? I've dealt with him too. I sold him my authentic Bure Skate logo jersey and he checks the details of the jersey down to a T. There were some stains on the jersey and the name bar was whiter than the rest of the jersey because I had it added later on so I just wanted to get rid of it and gave him a deal.

He's interested in my 2 Bure jerseys (which are still for sale btw ;)) but offered me way below what I'm asking and haven't talked to him since.

The Hype 02-16-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 6818895)
Yeah I think I know who you're talking about, white guy from Richmond? I've dealt with him too. I sold him my authentic Bure Skate logo jersey and he checks the details of the jersey down to a T. There were some stains on the jersey and the name bar was whiter than the rest of the jersey because I had it added later on so I just wanted to get rid of it and gave him a deal.

He's interested in my 2 Bure jerseys (which are still for sale btw ;)) but offered me way below what I'm asking and haven't talked to him since.

Yeah that's him. He's in love with authentic Bure/Canucks stuff from the 90's. Interesting in that he was super firm about his price on the Wildwing, yet would lowball you. Nice to know they're still for sale, but I only collect Ducks jerseys (the collection is a little small, but it will get bigger!) as they're my favorite team.