REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Anyone completed their CFP?

Wondering who has completed the CFP or in the process of?
What route did you take?
I want to get it done as quickly as possible and thinking doing it online through Advocis?
BCIT had a CFP fast track program which I started but they end up getting declined by Advocis to qualify for fast track (I forever hate that place)
Aston College has a Advocis approved program as well but after what happened at BCIT i refuse to attend such an institution.

Hope someone can give me some insight on what may be my best option to complete the CFP. Thanks!
Advertisement
woooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
Unauthourized Spammer

You missed the fasted chance by about 2 weeks.

Jan 31st CSI no longer offers the PFPC course.

The old way was to take the CSC, and the PFPC and then challenge the CFP exam. Also, the CFP exam is changing after this summer's writing.

The new format will be far more difficult and also will relate more to real world application (so they say).

I believe the fastest way at this point is either the Advocis route or CSI's new route which I know nothing about.

The CFP is a useless course for the most part. While a difficult exam, the odds of you really using the details that are encompassed in the course are virtually nil.

It depends on what you plan on doing after. If you're a hard worker, it's probably the fastest route to having a stable career that pays relatively well.
Chuck Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

I passed my CFP exam last year, like Chuck Norris said, the rules to get certified is changing this July. It will require 2 exams and 3 years of working experience(compared to 1 exam and 2 years experience) before you can officially use the CFP title.
Check out the FPSC website www.FPSC.ca, they have some very useful info and tips for exam.
brushit is offline   Reply With Quote