REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Motorsports

REVscene Motorsports RS Motorsports by The Speed Syndicate
RS Race Team
Pitt Meadows & Mission Raceway. Organize Race Pre-meets, post Racing related event Pics and discussion. In collaboration with The Speed Syndicate, Official race events presenter. [Solicitation of Professional Racing Events Allowed]

Old 02-10-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

events

Hey, new to BC... and somewhat new to cars.. and racing >>. Buddy of mine at school told me to ask on RS since this is the car forum of Bc area and what not.
Are their annual track events? i'm not talking about autox or drag. I'm talking about like road course, track events... are their such things? and how do one like myself join? I've always wanted to attend but never knew how... can anyone help me out?
Advertisement
genesis195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
Need to Seek Professional Help

Are you thinking of racing wheel-to-wheel? Check out the Sports Car Club of BC. They run the road course out in Mission.

http://www.sccbc.net/

There are also many organizations that run trackdays (lapping days) out in Mission, including but not necessarily limited to
VCMC Motorsport Club vcmc.ca
UBC Spork Car Club ubcscc.com
Definitive Driving (google it!)

There are also tracks fairly nearby in Seattle and Portland with various clubs that run track days out there.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #3
racing & tech mod.

Hi,

Track days (aka Lapping Days, or DE's) are held at Mission Raceways, on the road course. It's about a 1 hour drive from downtown.

We also do a lot of track days down in Seattle/Kent at Pacific Raceways (2.5hr drive) and Portland Intl Raceways (6hr drive) and the all new, EPIC, Oregon Raceway Park (7 hr drive)

Track Days are put on by various groups here in BC, some of them put on events stateside as well. You are welcome to join my Porsche club track days, even if you don't own a Porsche.

There is a schedule on our Porsche Club website that lists all the Track days on the west coast, from Mission down to Laguna Seca, and you can join in any of them. Check out which club is hosting the event, google their website, email the appropriate contact and sign up for the track day.

http://forum.pca-cwr.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1882

That above link will constantly be updated with new events.

NOTE: As of right now, Mission's calendar has not been opened up to us to book track days.. yet. It should be within the next few weeks. (there is a racing school potentially moving in there, and they want to reserve some blocks of dates)
Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Are there any limitations on cars? Do I need to go anything to get my car prepared for the track? and any inspections needed?
ajdinozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:35 PM   #5
racing & tech mod.

each club has different requirements.

Some require completion of a Track Inspection at a certified facility.
Some require on-site tech inspection by volunteers.
Some require no tech inspection at all.

The MAJOR items of concern, are that street tires must have sufficient tread (not be at the wear bars) and that there should be no fluid leaks, and that the Battery must be properly BOLTED down. All loose objects must be removed from the vehicle.

Roll cages or Roll bars, Racing Seats and Harnesses, are optional.

Some clubs will not allow convertibles without roll protection. (eg: some clubs require miatas or pre-1998 911 convertibles to have a roll bar installed.)

In addition to the above, I HIGHLY recommend that you have FRESH brake fluid - ATE blue/gold at the very least, Castrol or Motul recommened. And that your brakes and tires are in excellent condition.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #6
racing & tech mod.

There are also pretty strict noise limitations on Track Days and Autocrosses. Don't even think about running a loud open exhaust.