REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   question about car leasing. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/605726-question-about-car-leasing.html)

mowontech 02-11-2010 02:39 PM

question about car leasing.

Thanks to all that gave me positive responses.

too_slow 02-11-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowontech (Post 6812203)
I don't want to buy a used car, and I need to lease. Thanks in advance

Suck it up, princess.. Go take the bus, build your credit, then lease your "own" car in your "own" name..

/thread

Meowjin 02-11-2010 03:19 PM

the op doesn't make sense.

can someone translate?

Kalize 02-11-2010 03:22 PM

lol
i love revscene...best place to get advice :D

too_slow 02-11-2010 03:22 PM

^
OP + sister leased car under father's name
OP + sister returned leased car without paying for over-KM/damage charges
OP tries to lease a new car under father's name
???????

DENIED

hotong 02-11-2010 03:24 PM

get a job and buy a fucking car

Rich Sandor 02-11-2010 03:33 PM

Well you can come by and I'll see if Ford Credit will approve you.

Otherwise you'll have to resign yourself to the fact that since your family has been negligent in looking after the payments, you all have to suffer now.

CRS 02-11-2010 04:17 PM

If you don't have any credit, you're in no place to lease a car.

.Renn.Sport 02-11-2010 04:54 PM

goto those car leasing place where all the gangster leases their cars

orange7 02-11-2010 05:45 PM

Ask Bradford Chow to hook you up with a lease. He has connections.

snowball 02-11-2010 09:09 PM

so you screwed up your dad's credit... oh he will be pleased

NeoDestinyZ 02-11-2010 09:30 PM

Get a job, build a credit, buy a car with your own money and don't rely on your parents and wanting to drive nice cars...

orange7 02-11-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatorade (Post 6812867)
so you screwed up your dad's credit... oh he will be pleased

technically he didn't since his sis was in charge of the bills; however, he should've took initiative when bills were sent to him.

well I guess he sorta did since he ignored the bills rather than speaking up.

but what's done is done. Let's give some useful feedbacks.

my useful feedback: lease a Chrysler?

jeff_alexander 02-11-2010 09:36 PM

I love how he capitalizes BMW and VW like they are more important than acura.

Also the fact that he NEEDS to lease and can't buy a used car.

Harvey Specter 02-11-2010 09:40 PM

Well your dad or whoever was looking over his bills should be blamed. I'm pretty sure BMW must have sent a few letters asking your dad to pay the amount, it's not their fault that the payment was never made. And it sounds like the owing amount is with a collection agency if BMW said the account is closed and you can't make a payment. I would find out what agency it is and try to get it sorted out.

By the way, what cars are you trying to lease? Have you tried to put a larger amount of down payment? I can't imagine them deny credit based on a $600 debt, there must be more to the story.

roastpuff 02-11-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange7 (Post 6812913)

my useful feedback: lease a Chrysler?

Columbia Chrysler, downtown Richmond on Minoru Boulevard?

They'll help you out even though your credit is so bad your momma won't lend you money. :haha:

Dude, this is why it pays to keep up with what is happening with your car payments and so on. It can screw up your credit history so bad you can't even get a mortgage or credit card next time.

I suggest getting a credit card of your own, using it for a couple of years and maybe student loans (but just set the money aside and start paying it back). Build up your credit... I did that ever since I could.

Harvey Specter 02-11-2010 09:44 PM

Oh, Chrysler dealerships will give you credit approval at some crazy rate and a term that's like 7 years, lol not a wise move.

mowontech 02-12-2010 04:50 AM

well this time I lease a car, it would have been going out of my bank account so that there wouldn't have been any problem. After we returned the car, we moved, I left the country for a while so numbers were changed, etc.. the reason why i am thinking about a lease is because after I drive it for 4 years, I was going to return it so i wouldn't have to go with the hassle of selling the car, etc since i'm planning to leave the country for work. I was planning to lease a bmw 135 or a vw passat.
and please i don't want no negative impolite response. I came here looking for advice on solutions so that i can lease a car for a few years before I leave. getting a job is not an option for me right now since the whole point is to lease a car for only a few years till I leave the country. I am already trying to stack up as much credit I can at the moment but I'm trying to lease before June of this year. I am willing to settle the outstanding money for BMW but they refused. They said something about its been a while so I can't even pay. According to vw, they said its listed as a repossession? but the car was returned on the end of the lease contract. Any suggestions on this bmw issue?

fishing666 02-12-2010 05:07 AM

a lot of confusing things going on.

1. you owe fees but vw will not take ur money
solution: you get to keep your money. whats the problem?

2. you leased under your dad's credit
solution: so.. lease under your name and credit?

azzurro32 02-12-2010 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajinHurricane (Post 6812275)
the op doesn't make sense.

can someone translate?

He fucked up.
Posted via RS Mobile

dimdiu 02-12-2010 06:43 AM

maybe u should've keep track on wat's going on?if i were u, i did try to keep track of bills and stuff that i use, not just give the money to whoever u decide will help u pay the payment and forget about it. u probably just fuked up ur dad's credit just like that, i guess this lesson teaches u how to be more of a responsible person

and posting on revscene asking for a solution to a problem....u dun always get a nice response/solution...and dun expect to....that's revscene...live with it or go to another forum and ask for help.

and i guess taking bus for a few year isn't that bad?i bused a few years while building credits in order to afford a car under MY name...not everything is about money, there are things u still gotta work for even if u r a rich ass

Mugen EvOlutioN 02-12-2010 07:03 AM

how long does it take for one to build up its credit?

GLOW 02-12-2010 07:39 AM

buy an old or beater car to go from A to B. You can sell it for cheap when you leave and suffer little loss.

i dont understand why people need to drive brand new cars. i've never owned a car worth over $10,000.

Blinky 02-12-2010 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowontech (Post 6813316)
well this time I lease a car, it would have been going out of my bank account so that there wouldn't have been any problem. After we returned the car, we moved, I left the country for a while so numbers were changed, etc.. the reason why i am thinking about a lease is because after I drive it for 4 years, I was going to return it so i wouldn't have to go with the hassle of selling the car, etc since i'm planning to leave the country for work. I was planning to lease a bmw 135 or a vw passat.
and please i don't want no negative impolite response. I came here looking for advice on solutions so that i can lease a car for a few years before I leave. getting a job is not an option for me right now since the whole point is to lease a car for only a few years till I leave the country. I am already trying to stack up as much credit I can at the moment but I'm trying to lease before June of this year. I am willing to settle the outstanding money for BMW but they refused. They said something about its been a while so I can't even pay. According to vw, they said its listed as a repossession? but the car was returned on the end of the lease contract. Any suggestions on this bmw issue?

So let's see...

You don't have a job but you want to take on a large debt? You don't keep track of your debts/haven't managed your past obligations. You don't sound like a particularly good credit risk to me.

If you have a wad of cash, you could try a single payment lease. Otherwise you could try to beg/borrow/suck off someone at BMW for a standard lease, but without a job you're probably SOL with them. What I suggest:

1) lower your expectations
2) if you NEED to lease, you've already a few suggestions (Rich can help you out with a lease on a Ford)
3) buy an inexpensive car and get around with that.
4) get a job and start applying for a lease.

Qmx323 02-14-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 6813395)
buy an old or beater car to go from A to B. You can sell it for cheap when you leave and suffer little loss.

i dont understand why people need to drive brand new cars. i've never owned a car worth over $10,000.

its a confidence/possesion thing.

i have 2010 bmw vs. that guy next to me with a 2004 bmw.