REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-23-2010, 06:29 PM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

I cant take my eyes off this car. It has everything i want. 4 door sedan, spacious (compared to a 2dr obviously), luxury, and simple yet sexy. i may have made my choice....
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #52
racing & tech mod.

^ that is a very nice car. it's a VW with the lines and quality of a Mercedes Benz.

But of course I have to suggest MotorTrend's 2010 car of the year: The Fusion.

A full load 3.5L V6 auto ~265hp/265tq with 7' nav screen, sync, leather, moonroof, 12speaker, etc etc is under $39,000cdn. AND you get 0% interest for up to 60 months. That's about $720 a month with 0 down. Damn good deal if you are considering an Accord or TL.

Rich Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #53
14 dolla balla & Bradford Chow aint got nothing on me!

Last time i checked, the next door's MDX had some pretty costly repairs and maintenance.
XtC-604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:33 PM   #54
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haymura View Post

I cant take my eyes off this car. It has everything i want. 4 door sedan, spacious (compared to a 2dr obviously), luxury, and simple yet sexy. i may have made my choice....
haha yes, IMO the passat is pretty sexy

if u r really considering a vw, i can hook u up with a dealer, when i bought my gti, no other vw dealership could beat his price~...just pm me if u want it
dimdiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #55
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Sandor View Post
^ that is a very nice car. it's a VW with the lines and quality of a Mercedes Benz.

But of course I have to suggest MotorTrend's 2010 car of the year: The Fusion.

A full load 3.5L V6 auto ~265hp/265tq with 7' nav screen, sync, leather, moonroof, 12speaker, etc etc is under $39,000cdn. AND you get 0% interest for up to 60 months. That's about $720 a month with 0 down. Damn good deal if you are considering an Accord or TL.

indeed, except that grill is pretty much as horrible as the new acura's line ups

resale value drops more
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #56
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
VW's are not that great for reliability
LanEvoMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #57
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanEvoMR View Post
VW's are not that great for reliability
they are actually not that bad now, after the 09.

i've only got 1 recall so far, and it's just the DSG temperature sensor or smth
dimdiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #58

im bumping my thread here cuz i need help deciding between 2 cars. Now i know ive mentioned some standards of what car im looking for in this thread but i want everyone to scratch that and pretend im solely asking about these 2 cars in comparison.

im trying to decide whether to get a brand new Lexus IS250 AWD or an Acura TL SH-AWD. The price are pretty much the same on them with Acura obviously offering more power and options than the Lexus. But then again your paying for luxury status of a Lexus. If it came down to these 2 choices, which one would you guys pick?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #59
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
im bumping my thread here cuz i need help deciding between 2 cars. Now i know ive mentioned some standards of what car im looking for in this thread but i want everyone to scratch that and pretend im solely asking about these 2 cars in comparison.

im trying to decide whether to get a brand new Lexus IS250 AWD or an Acura TL SH-AWD. The price are pretty much the same on them with Acura obviously offering more power and options than the Lexus. But then again your paying for luxury status of a Lexus. If it came down to these 2 choices, which one would you guys pick?
this may sound rude but there is no luxury status in a IS250. Both are just premium small sports sedan. Although the TL is ugly, I would go with it as it has more features and it is bigger.
no_clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #60

^

thanks for the input. im not offended by that nor do i find it rude at all. I like straight up opinions. i was under the impression that the IS250 is somewhat luxury since its a Lexus but hey, learn something new everyday.
Ive been struggling this past week figuring out which car would be the best. I had my original lists of:

- 2009 Audi A4 (heard tranny and electronic fails overtime, bad resale value, expensive to maintain but i do understand this is a high end brand)
- Mercedes C300 (heard good things but it is pricey and high cost of maintenance)
- Acura TL (fair price on maintenance, reliable, lots of options, a compromise in luxury, but ugly looking front grill)
-Lexus Is250 AWD (lack of power, lack of luxury-ness regardless that its a lexus, pricey maintenance)

any input about these cars? can anyone recommend me any of these?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:55 PM   #61
I STILL don't get it

End result in the choices listed is the TL not abig fan but I have seen few custom front ends that fixd it
Posted via RS Mobile
outlaw44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 04:00 AM   #62
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

The older gen TL looks better in every way. The TL switched from a sport sedan to a family sedan.
fetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #63

just to give everyone an update. i am officially in the Audi world. I bought a 2010 Audi A4 quattro w/ premium package.

thanks for everyone's input! really appreciate all your help.