REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

window tinting..

im looking to get my windows tinted and was wondering if anyone can recommend some good places? im looking to go 50% all around...and how much am i looking at for 7 windows?
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Everybody goes here for their tinting jobs.
This post thanked by:
Old 02-24-2010, 05:42 AM   #3
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Hey guys,

I just wanted to give a quick review on some tinting that I got done from this small shop that is run by a father and son. I just got my E90 not too long ago and thought I would need to get some tinting done. After much debate, I decided to get 35 on the rear 5 and 50 on the front two.

So this place is relatively unknown but for people who have been there, the reviews for this shop has been great. I thought this would be a good chance to support the small shops who do good work and pay attention to the small details that some of the larger shops neglect. Alright, so from the beginning, I called the shop and the phone was picked up by Paul (the dad) and I scheduled an appointment. Ronny (the son) was my main contact for the job and I had my car tinted to very next day.

I came into the shop via the back (since their main entrance is by the back) and drove into the shop. It took all but 40mins to get all my windows tinted as they had 4 guys (Paul, Ronny and two other workers) doing all the tints on all my windows.

They washed, wiped and dried all my windows before doing any work and had their machine ready to make the proper dimensions for my windows. They guarantee no purple will come out and that if anything should happen, they will warranty and fix it up right away.

After all was done, Ronny gave me an extremely good deal. Let's just say it was much better than what N-Motion offers and without the huge wait in how long it takes them to apply your tint (3-4 hours). He gave me a quick brief on how to take care of my tint and what I should or should not do in the next couple days. He then gave me a warranty card from the manufacturer and everything was completed.

So far, the tint has been GREAT and it looks awesome thus far. I will take pictures as soon as I can but I definitely would recommend this shop to anyone that is thinking of tinting their windows. The shop info is as follows:

PH Solar Window Tinting Ltd.
1045 Kingsway St.
Vancouver, BC
Canada V5V 3C7

Store #: 604-649-5669
Ronny's #: 604-879-8797

If you were to make an appointment or had any questions, going through Ronny would be the best way (IHMO). Tell Ronny that Chris w/ the E90 or from Revscene sent you and he'll most likely give you the best deal.

Post your opinions or your own reviews of this shop if you have one!

*Edit:
Price for rear 5 is around 170 (N-Motion is 200)
Price for rear 3 is around 160 (N-Motion is 180)

Remember, this is a cash only place but they'll give you a warranty card. You'll save on the taxes. This may already be the discounted price so you'll probably want to go into the shop yourself and do the name drop face to face rather than over the phone. I think the more windows you tint, the better price he'll give.
review by crs?

got mine done at ph solar also, did a great job
Old 02-24-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
i got mine done at epic autosports in surrey, 200buks cash you can get it done all around 5 windows, great job too, even the cop complimented when he pulled me over for my fronts XD
Old 02-24-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
nice one hahaha

N-motion
Old 02-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
N-motion
^ I'll second that.

Expensive... but very good quality tint. Worth the price.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:12 AM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
search
Old 02-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,825 Times in 523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpuGen View Post
Old 02-25-2010, 01:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0nnyblaze View Post
im looking to get my windows tinted and was wondering if anyone can recommend some good places? im looking to go 50% all around...and how much am i looking at for 7 windows?
Do you honestly think you're the first person to ask this question.... that it hasn't been brought up 50 billion times already?! looool

Use the search button.

REVscene.net - Vancouver's #1 Automotive Forum and Classified's Site!

Interested in advertising with REVSCENE? Join our roster of Brian Jessel BMW, EBISU Robson, Blitz Gear, Soundworks, and dozens of the Lower Mainlands BUSIEST and most SUCCESSFUL small and medium businesses! Let us take you to the next level with our Incredibly affordable and effective packages Advertisement@revscene.net
Old 02-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
SardaukarMod

yeah, use the search.

but also get the best deal you can. because you're sure to get tickets with your windshield and two front windows tinted and you'll need money to pay for them tickets.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
Closed Thread