REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 02-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
NNT
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Telus TV (IPTV) problem, anyone?

recently, (like in the past 2 months) my Telus TV cable box would just freeze. the TV picture is fine and the program still goes on but the box wont respond at all, so can't change channel and can't bring up the "guide" (not remote controller problem because no respond even I press the button at the box itself, not even the power button works), every time it happens I need to wait 5 minutes for it to "wake up" and it would back to normal, it usually happen once every 2 days now, and happening both at my HD and standard box, called Telus and they claim they aware the problem and somehow the are working on that.
Does anyone here got the same problem and did you report yet? just wondering are they really going to fix or not I am thinking switching back to Shaw.
Advertisement
NNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:26 AM   #2
HELP ME PLS!!!

Switch back to Shaw.

Telus TV sucks.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

unplug the box, wait a min and plug it back in and let it download the software again.

get mediaroom its much better it uses a proven platform (its been around in the US for awhile) msg me if you have any questions
Old 02-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

happens to me too, i wanna throw this shit out my apartment window. i'd go shaw but i got hooked up cheap. around $70 a month for tv/internet/phone line
True.True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

nope, no problem like that
getting the upgrade this week, should make it even better

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #6
NNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
unplug the box, wait a min and plug it back in and let it download the software again.

get mediaroom its much better it uses a proven platform (its been around in the US for awhile) msg me if you have any questions
I tried to press and hold the power button for 5 sec to do a force reset, it download the fireware and problem still persist.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNT View Post
I tried to press and hold the power button for 5 sec to do a force reset, it download the fireware and problem still persist.
hmmm

sounds like your set top box might not have been programmed correctly that or its a bad box.

Do you have a black box or one of the gray ones?

do you have a legit telus guy install your tv or was it done by a contractor?

if worse comes to worse call telus and say you are having a pixelization issue and when the tech gets there just say the issue resolved itself but now your set top box doesn't respond sometimes. They will most likely replace the set top box itself.

btw if you have one of the gray set top boxes I would highly recommend upgrading to Media room. You would then be able to get 19mb for internet instead of the 3mb you are limited too with TelusTV plus the whole system is just one we imported from the US so all the bugs and glitches have long been worked out.

if you got any more questions or anything let me know

P.S. in about 2 weeks I will be TV trained and if the problem is still around I will be able to give you much better help.
Old 02-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #8
NNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
hmmm

sounds like your set top box might not have been programmed correctly that or its a bad box.

Do you have a black box or one of the gray ones?

do you have a legit telus guy install your tv or was it done by a contractor?

if worse comes to worse call telus and say you are having a pixelization issue and when the tech gets there just say the issue resolved itself but now your set top box doesn't respond sometimes. They will most likely replace the set top box itself.

btw if you have one of the gray set top boxes I would highly recommend upgrading to Media room. You would then be able to get 19mb for internet instead of the 3mb you are limited too with TelusTV plus the whole system is just one we imported from the US so all the bugs and glitches have long been worked out.

if you got any more questions or anything let me know

P.S. in about 2 weeks I will be TV trained and if the problem is still around I will be able to give you much better help.
Telus send someone to do the installation, dunno if that guys a contractor or not, doesnt seems like programming priblem tho beucase I got Telus TV since like last May and problem didnt start untill like this Jan.
I got one of those gray Scientific atlanta set top box, one HD and one SD, the HD box is the one that got the most problem. the SD freeze 2 3 times only but I didnt use it that much (usually use 1 hour before sleep) for the media room box, how do I upgrades and do I need to switch to a more expensive internet plan or something?
Old 02-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #9
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
I get that once in awhile, but it unfreezes after maybe 30 seconds...
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote