REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech

Automotive Detailing & Car Care Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Discussion on how to keep your car shining bright and make them heads turn..

Old 02-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

94 bmw 325i

I threw this write-up on a few detailing sites I visit, figured I'd post it up here, too.

Well, this is my new DD, and since can't drive a dirty, swirly car, I had some work ahead of me. I've been working on this for a little over a week, though, I haven't been putting in full days every day. My products as follows:

Interior:
-Diluted APC(biodegradable, so no residues left in the carpet/leather. I don't like the woolite method, since woolite is a detergent, and needs to be thoroughly rinsed.)
-various brushes
-Lexol conditioner

Exterior:
-Meg's GC
-Meg's mild clay
-Eco APC
-WD40
-Optimum Compound
-Meg's #83
-XMT #1
-XMT carnuba glaze
-Meg's #16 carnuba
-Various WG and LC orange and white pads(4", 5.25", and 6")
-Ultimate detailing machine
-Stoners IG and Tire
-Blackwow

I started with the lights, about a week ago. They were pretty bad. They still need to be wetsanded, but they're much better.

The interior was pretty straight forward. Clean, rinse, and dress. Still need to do the carpets, but all things in time.

This colour doesn't really show defect very well, and my photograph skills are...well, realistically, I have no photography skills, but you get the idea. The sides were peppered with tiny bits of asphalt that had probably been there for half a decade, they were a huuuge pain in the ass. I resorted to WD40, which actually worked pretty well(and is safe on paint, I was surprised to learn, after some research). I just had to APC it afterwards. The paint was medium-hard, but I was a bit worried about the clear-coat, so I opted for about 90% correct, which I achieved. Lots of rds, but I managed to get most of them. This is a DD, so I'm not chasing show-car status for the sake of my clearcoat.

4 wheel-wells later, my bucket wanted to commit suicide.

This is the asphalt. Such a pain in the ass.

50/50

dusty

Sometimes, I get lonely while polishing..

Pre-LSP

Shitty day out, so no pics in the sun, sorry. Anywho, that's it for now. Thanks for reading, if you made it this far.
Advertisement
bobsaget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
Banned (ABWS)

great work, it's awesome not being rushed when detailing.
BrendanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #3
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

ya, it definitely is. This was my most thorough detail, so far, I've pretty much done everything on it, so it's been nice to take my time, and make sure I got everything done properly. I hate rushing
bobsaget is offline   Reply With Quote