REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
I STILL don't get it

ICBC claim! need your HELP and advise!

So thurseday morning as i was on my way to work, was following a Honda Accord, after just pass the portman bridge, before the over pass, the Accord all the suddent had a hard brake then stopped, so i tried very hard and managed to stop before hitting her, then what do i get? a truck rear ends me and push me into the Accord, i bumped her twice because when i got hit hard my foot let off the brake.. so after the major hit the car still rolls forward and hit her lightly again before i could manage to stop the car completely.

damages:
truck behind me -> nothing
my z -> rear end pretty much gone, quarter panel on the left side gone, hatch gone, both front fender and hood gone, one of my headlight and tail light gone, and front end gone.
the accord in front of me -> rear bumper scratch and cracked

now the pics:

i drive a manual 350z red with nismo parts, 06+

first of all. i hope maybe someone on here saw what happend could help me out

as of now, ICBC is making me responsible for 50% of the accords rear bumper damage and 50% of my own front end damage.

I just cant stand the fact that even though i stopped fully before hitting her and got push into her, im been put at fault only cuz she felt 2 impacts and the driver behind me made a bs claim saying i hit the accord first.

I DID NOT HIT THE ACCORD FIRST, I STOPPED, WAS ON THE BRAKE, GOT REAR ENDED, SEND THE CAR ROLLING FORWARD, HIT THE ACCORD, THEN CONTINUE TO ROLL AND HIT HER AGAIN.

the accord clearly has no major damage.

can anyone help me out?

thanks!
Advertisement

Last edited by Evolutionian; 03-04-2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: added pics
Evolutionian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Did you get the reason why the Accord braked hard?
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #3
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
Did you get the reason why the Accord braked hard?
nope, she claims that the car in front of her was braking hard.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

wow that's a tough one. you did say you bumped her twice. does that mean you braked but still hit her then the truck guy bumped u into her again? if that is so, you are at fault.

How does icbc make you half responsible for your own dmg and the dmged car in front. Does that mean both you and the truck behind you is at fault and both of you get shafted by icbc?

if the truck guy had roadstar and just took the 100% responsibility for both ur Z and the accord's dmg, he would only pay like 80$ and since he has no dmg he doesn't need to pay to repair his own truck and ICBC would pay for all damages. the truck guy would lose 3-5steps(CRS i believe)
fishing666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
No witness = gg

Pretty sure 50% liability doesn't affect your premiums
Old 03-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #6
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
No witness = gg

Pretty sure 50% liability doesn't affect your premiums
it does. it's less than 25% is no effect.

OP: get a lawyer before you say anything more to icbc and don't submit any statements, definitely don't sign anything.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

yea if no one saw this you are fucked thx to the truck behind you

with rear ends its almost always 100% the person who rear ends fault unless you can prove she stopped for no reason. At least its 50% which isnt too bad.

Besides ICBC has to blame someone for this, they can't blame her and they sure as hell ain't gonna be paying the tab for both cars free of charge.

case and point: truck fucked you over
Old 03-03-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
I STILL don't get it

yes, i state again, i did not hit the accord when i first come to the stop.

when i got hit hard, my foot was off the brake pedal for a sec and thats why my car rolled a bit more to hit her again.

she only suffered bumper damage, which is my point, if i failed to brake then hit her, she would have more damage then a scratch and cracked bumper, not mention i got hit that hard by the truck.

i will look for a lawyer at this point.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #9
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Definately get a lawyer.

You should be entitled to full coverage for your car (not at fault/retain your discount), personal injury, loss of use. Unfortunately, you car sounds like a writeoff (probably not a bad thing, considering the amount of damage).

ICBC probably wants to ding both you and the truck so they can make more on increased rates for 2 vehicles instead of 1.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Get a lawyer. Sorry to hear about your car that sucks. Hopefully everything works out well for you and the truck get what he deserves.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolutionian View Post
yes, i state again, i did not hit the accord when i first come to the stop.

when i got hit hard, my foot was off the brake pedal for a sec and thats why my car rolled a bit more to hit her again.

she only suffered bumper damage, which is my point, if i failed to brake then hit her, she would have more damage then a scratch and cracked bumper, not mention i got hit that hard by the truck.

i will look for a lawyer at this point.
His word vs hers vs yours - don't ever count on this working out in your favour, especially when you rear ended someone else.

That said your story doesn't really check out.

Once you hit her car, your car will stop. It will not continue rolling forward.

As for the damage of her car versus yours - there may be damage that is not easily visible on her vehicle. Furthermore, the nose of your car dives under braking, which changes the impact angle.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #12
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinky View Post
His word vs hers vs yours - don't ever count on this working out in your favour, especially when you rear ended someone else.

That said your story doesn't really check out.

Once you hit her car, your car will stop. It will not continue rolling forward.

As for the damage of her car versus yours - there may be damage that is not easily visible on her vehicle. Furthermore, the nose of your car dives under braking, which changes the impact angle.
like i said man, i made a full stop without hitting the accord, i hit her twice, but first time was a hard hit from behind which pushed me, my car did not stop rolling after hitting her car, so either i was pushed more or what, i was in gear tho, car stalled after ==

i hope it can work out in my favor because if the truck never hit me, nothing would have happened.

ill add pics.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:20 AM   #13
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
have you consulted a lawyer?

it is unfortunate there are no witnesses outside of the involved parties

long time ago, my dad was the 3rd car back from a line of stopped cars at a traffic light on hastings st., and he was rear ended by a moving van. he was pushed into the car in front of him and that car hit the car first in line as well, which ended up crossing the stop line and was hit by cross traffic. my dad ended up being taken to the hospital so he never had the chance to get witnesses, but thankfully there was police and because the intersection was gridlocked there were plenty of people to talk to and the police took enough statements to make the moving van driver 100% at fault and my dad and everyone else did not get any blame.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #14
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
You have to do a cost benefit analysis on hiring a lawyer.. I can't see how you are going to get much ahead by hiring a lawyer.. assuming it takes a few days of work at about $200/hour out of your pocket.

In ICBC's eyes you are supposed to keep a safe distance in front of you at all times (even when you have had stopped), it sucks during the day. You didn't do that, it doesn't matter to ICBC whether it is a cracked bumper or a full on frame damage, it is still a collision.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-04-2010, 08:01 AM   #15
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thats a tough one because you hit her twice. You must have been following to closely. Thats why ICBC is dinging you 50%. I would argue it out with ICBC the guy in the truck hit you which made you smash into the Accord so really he is to blame for all the damages.
VR6GTI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #16
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
You have to do a cost benefit analysis on hiring a lawyer.. I can't see how you are going to get much ahead by hiring a lawyer.. assuming it takes a few days of work at about $200/hour out of your pocket.

In ICBC's eyes you are supposed to keep a safe distance in front of you at all times (even when you have had stopped), it sucks during the day. You didn't do that, it doesn't matter to ICBC whether it is a cracked bumper or a full on frame damage, it is still a collision.
damn dude sorry to hear tat, i been in accident (got hit) 5 times. Never once was it my fault and let me tell you, arguing with ur ICBC is super lame and tiresome.

^

In tat case, if 350z STOPPED without hitting the accord, it STOPPEd didnt hit jack....how can ICBC blame him? what?!? that the accord slams on her break out of no where, 350z has better breaks so it manage to stop in time, the truck has shitty break so it hit the 350z...than the 350z got pushed. Now 350z and the truck has to split 50/50? that really sounds very unreasonable, better yet a pile of bullshit if you were to ask me

PS:

How come so much damage has been done to the front Z, and only scratches occur to the accord bumper
Mugen EvOlutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #17
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
i learned from my accident, always keep a distance even you are stopping in traffic...
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #18
I STILL don't get it

sigh.. new update.. fix bill goes up to 18k, insurance will be back to base rate no discount if i take the deductable, and lawyers cant seem to help, so now my only option is to take it to adjustes manager and whoever is on top.

sigh.. fuck this shit man.. i cant believe i have to go thru this even tho i didnt do jack shit.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:58 AM   #19
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
What is super lame is you don't read the OP carefully and butcher the word BRAKE!

Quote:
i bumped her twice because when i got hit hard my foot let off the brake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
In tat case, if 350z STOPPED without hitting the accord, it STOPPEd didnt hit jack....how can ICBC blame him? what?!? that the accord slams on her break out of no where, 350z has better breaks so it manage to stop in time, the truck has shitty break so it hit the 350z...than the 350z got pushed. Now 350z and the truck has to split 50/50? that really sounds very unreasonable, better yet a pile of bullshit if you were to ask me

PS:

How come so much damage has been done to the front Z, and only scratches occur to the accord bumper

Last edited by godwin; 03-04-2010 at 10:03 AM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:01 AM   #20
My homepage has been set to RS

what was the time difference between the two hits.. i mean, from the first time u hit her and the 2nd.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:07 AM   #21
Banned (BBM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwin View Post
What is super lame is you don't read the OP carefully and butcher the word BRAKE!
i noticed that, but doesnt matter once, twice or a million times.

IF OP TRULY stopped before the accord, technically god knows he didnt hit anyone. And thats gay for getting penautlize for something you didnt do.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #22
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
what was the time difference between the two hits.. i mean, from the first time u hit her and the 2nd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen EvOlutioN View Post
i noticed that, but doesnt matter once, twice or a million times.

IF OP TRULY stopped before the accord, technically god knows he didnt hit anyone. And thats gay for getting penautlize for something you didnt do.
time difference is super short, about a sec or something, but the second bump is much lighter, as the bitch just cant realize it ==

and yes i truely stopped, or else i could esily do way moer damage up that accords butt.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #23
Banned (BBM)

18k damage to repair is for all three cars? or just yours
Old 03-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #24
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Unfortunately, if the truck says you hit her (how would he really know?), and she says she felt 2 bumps, it's going to be a long uphill battle to get them to see your side.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #25
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Also, what costs 18K? Is that 50% of the cost of your front damage and her rear damage? Sounds excessive.