REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #1
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Carid Card Issue

So I bought some stuff online all goes well transracation went smoothly. Paypal sends me the recpiet(I paid through paypal using my Credit Card). Then the online store sends me an E-mail asking for my Driver liscense as prof of ID since the purchase was big(lol is only like $200).

I went on the online store 24hour chat line and pretty tell them either delivery the item or the order will be cancel because I will not fax/send them any of my personal info to them. They pretty said either send in your info or we can't delivery. Thinking this is most likely I scam I decided to call my credit card compnay to stop the charge/reverse the payment.

Anyways the credit card CSR pretty much said I will have to call this online store and ask them to the CC compnay to let the know to reverse the charge. I was like WTF. So I am paying for the CC service and they ask me to do their work. I pretty much let the CC CSR know that
1. I am their customer and they are there to protect me, not some merchant.
2. I have never file a reverse charge or request a credit so why would I like about.
3. It is the CC company to talk or find out more info form this online compnay, I should not have to do any work because that's why I am using your CC.
4. This online store sounds pretty shaddy requesting my ID so why would I want to contact them ever again. It is the CC compnay job to do to.

After my list of complains the REP said the only thing she can do is file a charge back and see what does the merchant do. It will take aobut 4 days to complete. If it goes through I will get a credit or if it doesn't I will still have to pay for it.

Now my question is. Shouldn't the CC compnay side with their customer? Also, byt he sound of things I will most likely have to pay for it coz I doubt the CC compnay will actually do anything. If worse comes to worse I will pay for that $200 charge but what else could I press on my CC company to do more(by the sound of the CSR it doesn't sound like they will do much to help me).?
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
If you paid with Paypal, the correct procedure is to file a charge back with them, first. I failed you for your horrendous spelling mutilation of the title and first paragraph (and the rest).
Old 03-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,386 Times in 5,664 Posts
are you verified with paypal?

if you are there's no reason they would need that info
Old 03-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

After reading all that I still don't know what a Carid Card is.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:48 PM   #5
SardaukarMod

i would think that the retail company that accepts the credit card is really the credit card company's customer as the credit card company actually charges the retail company for each transaction.

making money off of you via interest off your unpaid balance is just a bonus.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)

Last edited by seakrait; 03-09-2010 at 05:55 PM.
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
So I bought some stuff online all goes well transracation went smoothly. Paypal sends me the recpiet(I paid through paypal using my Credit Card).

Now my question is. Shouldn't the CC compnay side with their customer? Also, byt he sound of things I will most likely have to pay for it coz I doubt the CC compnay will actually do anything. If worse comes to worse I will pay for that $200 charge but what else could I press on my CC company to do more(by the sound of the CSR it doesn't sound like they will do much to help me).?
I can guess that you're pretty angry, but I gotta say that carid card is on par with wAnder.

All this said, the carid card compnay has paid the payee - who is paypal. Your CC company has delivered on their side of things. Paypal hasn't really delivered on theirs.

The problem is that paypal is simply an intermediary for the store. Your CC company is in the clear here. YOu need to take this up with paypal or the selling party.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Anyways I phone back got a 2nd rep and he is able to reverse the charge on the spot.

I guess I was just really angry at how the first Rep handle the call. I work as a tech support for an ISP and when say a website doesn't load up on our system and the customer's system as well we don't ask the customer ot look the website's domain, host, etc tec.... we as the tech support look for those things and see where the issue is. So having that first telling me that I have to do all the work for her seems a little out of the blue for me and having her keep saying I might not get a credit back doesn't sound like she is even helping me.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
Banned (ABWS)

thank god i use a credit card not a carid card.
C.Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
the online retailer wouldn't ask for ur information if you paid with paypal... as paypal does the verification.... did paypal ask u for verification??? if so you shouldn't be concerned that they're going to scam you...

if its the online store... file a dispute with paypal...
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #10
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Anyways I phone back got a 2nd rep and he is able to reverse the charge on the spot.

I guess I was just really angry at how the first Rep handle the call. I work as a tech support for an ISP and when say a website doesn't load up on our system and the customer's system as well we don't ask the customer ot look the website's domain, host, etc tec.... we as the tech support look for those things and see where the issue is. So having that first telling me that I have to do all the work for her seems a little out of the blue for me and having her keep saying I might not get a credit back doesn't sound like she is even helping me.
its people like you that ruin tech support. reading that paragraph made my head hurt
classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #11
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

how do you have 4000 something posts with such writing?

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
pretty shit pretty fuck pretty DIU
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #13
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
i thought he was talking about care card from the title thread
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #14
SardaukarMod

his post also left me wondering about his username. is it really "Mr. HappySilp"? or was it supposed to be "Mr. HappySlip"?
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:13 PM   #15
DOES HE LOOK LIKE A BITCH?

Thanked 2,571 Times in 689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

how do you have 4000 something posts with such writing?

Culture_Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #16
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,816 Times in 450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seakrait View Post
his post also left me wondering about his username. is it really "Mr. HappySilp"? or was it supposed to be "Mr. HappySlip"?
Lol good call
Posted via RS Mobile
Greenstoner is offline   Reply With Quote