REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 03-13-2010, 08:03 AM   #51
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Advertisement

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:24 AM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpadupa View Post
^i would agree, BUT personally.. i would not drive a car thats rebuilt unless i personally rebuild it. If u've seen some of the "rebuild" jobs out there... its a joke.. and they just pay for the inspection pass
it was a ICBC job , so yes its done by ICBC because they paid for it. The damage at the time was only 4k

Not some hindu shop in surrey
Lissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:29 PM   #53
【=◈︿◈=】

Thanked 2,099 Times in 558 Posts
did nobody notice this in the second ITR FS thing posted?

Quote:
This ad gets flagged frequently by other sellers due to it being an amazing deal so make sure you respond quick / note down the email or contact number.
no, that's not why it's being flagged
- kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #54
RabidMod

Thanked 1,099 Times in 407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E N D L E S S View Post
So basically it's never had an oil change, has 4 curbed rims, and about 5 liters of spilled coffee dried into the floormats....

and give me a break, Takata 5 point harnesses and she claims it's been "babied"... like anyone buys an ITR to baby it! That things probably seen more G's then a gucci bag
GOLD.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:14 AM   #55
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

heres another type r http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...642818355.html
figure.09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:10 AM   #56
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Groupbuy Integras???
Old 03-14-2010, 01:24 AM   #57
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shun Izaki View Post
only the earlier models

FUN DC2 ITR Fact: the recaros in the USDM models actually weigh more than the normal integra seats XD
wait so, black recaros weren't offered on our side of the pacific?
we get the black with red stitching with separate headrest?
which are from which?
Old 03-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #58
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznebonix View Post
wait so, black recaros weren't offered on our side of the pacific?
we get the black with red stitching with separate headrest?
which are from which?
From left to right...USDM DC2R, JDM DC2R, DC5R.
Red 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-14-2010, 03:59 AM   #59
Editor

Thanked 3,179 Times in 874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 5 View Post
From left to right...USDM DC2R, JDM DC2R, DC5R.
ah cools, thanks.
damn i'd want the recaros, the usdm's just don't cut it for me.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:32 AM   #60
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Not on CL, but there are some LOL's here.

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/B...01+Import+Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #61
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
seems like clean CW ITR's are hard to find in vancouver...only decent ones i've seen on sale are PY
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #62

Seatle CL
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/1640438531.html

$8000 usd gets you an ITR shell with a lot of missing parts including the motor and tranny.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 03-14-2010, 01:07 PM   #63
I don't get it

I don't understand the significance of the ITRs. They were decent cars back in the late 90s but we're in 2010 now. The technology has well surpassed the standards these cars set. If you have a icbc dealer license, buying one of these cars at the auction after they have been written off is dirt cheap. I wouldn't pay close to $7k for a 12 year old car.
suzuka84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #64
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuka84 View Post
I don't understand the significance of the ITRs. They were decent cars back in the late 90s but we're in 2010 now. The technology has well surpassed the standards these cars set. If you have a icbc dealer license, buying one of these cars at the auction after they have been written off is dirt cheap. I wouldn't pay close to $7k for a 12 year old car.
The problem is all that advanced technology has added weight. The day of the ~2500 lb FWD pocket rocket is long gone and the ITR was one of best of it's day. I think most of the discussion came from this article:

http://www.insideline.com/features/1...-civic-si.html

Granted, they are overpriced, but finding an unabused or unmodded one is very tough to find.
Adrenaline Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Not on CL, but there are some LOL's here.

http://www.buysell.com/root/detail/B...01+Import+Cars
I sent the owner an email through the webiste on saturday, and I finally got a reply this morning.

Quote:
Hello there,
I appreciate that you contacted me. First let me say that the 2001 Acura Integra is available for $4,900 CAD (final price). It is in good condition,there are no scratches or any dents on it,very well maintained.I have a clear title for it, no liens or loans. Never been in any accidents.It has only 29950 km.
Because of my divorce settlement,i own this car and as a woman without driver`s license i don`t need it so i`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible(that`s why i`m selling it so cheap).We will use eBay`s Vehicle Purchase Protection plan for our both safety,i want only legit transactions.I just need your full name and address so i can open a case .(with no further obligation or fees). Have a nice day!
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate ask.
Where are you located?
Best Regards.
Interesting.... Time to shoot her a reply.

This is the reply that I got from her.

Quote:
Hi,i want a safe transaction and that is why i am a seller affiliated with eBay. They will guarantee this transaction between us.eBay will supervise this transaction so there won`t be any problems.I'm realy sorry for you but i think is to late for inspection,I am in St. John's, and the car is here as well because after i finished the divorce i have moved to my parents home in St. John's for a while, because i think they are only person who can help me to pass this difficult situation.You will get the car and you will have 5 days of inspection in which you can decide if you buy the car or not.If you won`t like my car(not your case)you announce eBay and you send the car back on my cost,if you want to keep it you announce eBay you send the money(payment method and all the details will be set up by eBay)and you keep the car.eBay will send you an invoice at your email in which you will see how to start the this transaction and in which you can see that this transaction is legit.Shipping will be done by DAS Auto Transport Services and the car will arrive in about 3-5 days to your door.
The next move in order to proceed is to register the sale with eBay so they can forward to you all the details (shipping and payment details).
If you want to proceed, all I need from you is some basic information:
1. your full name
2. complete shipping address (street, city, state, postal code)
3. a phone number.
I'm looking forward to your reply.
That sounds legit. Time to send her all my info and PIN# while I wait for the car to arrive.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing

Last edited by SumAznGuy; 03-18-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #66

the post has been removed
sobranie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #67
RS Lurker, I don't post!

i drove the white rebuilt type r which is from an indian guy. it's pretty decent. the damage on the car is minor just on the left driver's fender. the clutch is slipping a little so takes a while to catch. other than that is ok. it was raining so the tire was quite spinny. didn't rev up to 9000rpm. so make sure you test drive it on a sunny day and rev it up to 8400-9000rpm and shift from first then second gear at 8400-9000rpm, if it can do that then engine is ok.

oh, that $4900 yellow type r was for sale for 17000 and was still bidding on ebay, maybe 4900 is the starting price. it's not in canada. there's a youtube video of a guy driving it who's the dealer. so don't know what's this one in richmond is doing?? probably spam. f**king spammers, punch them in da face.

Last edited by muscleking; 03-29-2010 at 05:24 PM.
muscleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #68
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I sent the owner an email through the webiste on saturday, and I finally got a reply this morning.

Interesting.... Time to shoot her a reply.

This is the reply that I got from her.

That sounds legit. Time to send her all my info and PIN# while I wait for the car to arrive.
You're joking right? Thats a major scam
Old 03-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #69
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleking View Post
i drove the white rebuilt type r which is from an indian guy. it's pretty decent. the damage on the car is minor just on the left driver's fender. the clutch is slipping a little so takes a while to catch. other than that is ok. it was raining so the tire was quite spinny. didn't rev up to 9000rpm. so make sure you test drive it on a sunny day and rev it up to 8400-9000rpm and shift from first then second gear at 8400-9000rpm, if it can do that then engine is ok.

oh, that $4900 yellow type r was for sale for 17000 and was still bidding on ebay, maybe 4900 is the starting price. it's not in canada. there's a youtube video of a guy driving it who's the dealer. so don't know what's this one in richmond is doing?? probably spam. f**king spammers, punch them in da face.
check the oil before you rip it or rev it high.. or there will be dire consequences. (sharing past experience)

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 03-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #70
RS Lurker, I don't post!

i have been talking to the chick on the 2000 type r, 73000km. it's like she's playing games. 3 weeks ago said on vacation and came back after 2 weeks and told me car is parked in bf's friend's place and can't get a hold of the guy. and today said the guy's in costa rica and another bf's friend wants to buy for 13000 bucks. i said 11k is all i can offer, the posted price was 10888, then agreed for sale for 10k. because i kinda show eagerness and she said first " i will let it go for cheaper because you love the car so much" now trying to jack up the price. so anybody who wants to go have fun test driving just give her a call. i am not dealing with this bitch. i drives an integra myself and it's heavily modded out handle the type r. my friend told me don't bother getting a car from a chick. anybody looked at the 98 type r? it's a korean guy name dave.

so if anybody wants to buy that type r it's still there. going for $13000. i just want it gone so i don't keep thinking about it. maybe risky though. as abbotsford is not safe. don't get your kidney stolen make sure that.

so 5 years ago one type r has 25000km got sold for $30000, this maybe a good deal. but in north america if the deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.

here's the posting again

***AWESOME DEAL***MUST SELL***
This car is my baby I hate that I have to get rid of it my boyfriend bought it for me brand new
and I just had my second baby so it just isnt what I need anymore I need a family vehicle
I always treated this car really good sadly it has to go.
*all original body (white)
*B18C Type R Engine
*6000k HID Headlights
*Stock CD deck
*Power Windows/Locks
*Sunroof
*AC
*Good Tires
*All stock
*73000 Original kms
*Beautiful Black and Red Interior
*Garage kept
*Lady Driven by me (the original owner)
*BCAA Approved
*Aircared until 2012
*Lein Checks Approved
*Awesome on gas
*Really reliable
**THIS IS NOT A REBUILD**
I am willing to accept some offers so give me a call and I will see what I can do I really need to get rid of this one
so that I can buy a new more practical car for my family.

(604) 217-5729 : Courtney

Last edited by muscleking; 03-31-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #71
RS Lurker, I don't post!

you guys here's another type r for sale in burnaby. anybody know this car? so many mods probably tracked.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...671736640.html
Old 04-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #72
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscleking View Post
you guys here's another type r for sale in burnaby. anybody know this car? so many mods probably tracked.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...671736640.html
The owner of this ITR is a revscene member, There is an ad posted in the used automobile section. Find the ad and PM him for more details If you want more info.
CivicTypeRice is offline   Reply With Quote