REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 03-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
RS controls my life!

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic or Mexico?

Im planning a trip with a group of about 10 friends to either dominican republic or mexico. We looked into Punta Cana in D.R. but we are all looking for a party place with a young crowd around the same age as us (ages 21-29). We know that Acapulco, Cabo San Lucas, and Cancun are all great places but we've been there so many times we'd like to try something different. Anyone have any good suggestions? We're lookin for a 7 day all inclusive resort

any help would be greatly appreciated
Advertisement
JDM_DC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #2
I don't get it

If you and your friends are looking to mainly party especially with ppl in your age group, I don't think there is a better destination than Mexico. The Dominican Republic is an amazing place too, but that is more of a cultural destination, not so much of a drink/party fest like mexico.
tacobell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
I don't know about Mexico dude, even the more popular tourist designations have had travel warnings issued for them just last week by the US government because of a few Americans were killed, drug violence has reached every corner of Mexico now not even tourist destinations are safe.

I personally wouldn't go there if someone paid me, my brother has been going like every 6 months for the last few years, only to popular tourist destinations where Canadians and Americans hang, and the last time he went a few months ago said was his last, he seen like 4 people dead in a span of 1 week and nobody gave a shit, one guy was lying dead in the street for 2 days apparently
since 2006 almost 20,000 drug related deaths, it's nuts in Mexico...

a family friend of mine who's been to almost all the tropical island tourist destinations this part of the world said that the Dominican Republic was the best he's been at.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Cuba is really nice as well. More laid back than mexico or DR. But the beach is way better. Cubans are way nicer thab mexicans lols
Posted via RS Mobile
Mr.JDM is offline   Reply With Quote