REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   #RevsceneVLS General Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/revscenevls-general-chat_14/)
-   -   ICBC SUCKS - insurance question.. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/609091-icbc-sucks-insurance-question.html)

babykiller 03-26-2010 10:13 AM

Don't even insure your car man, just drive around with no insurance. Yeah you'll get fined, but obviously you don't care about that.

dinamix 03-26-2010 10:14 AM

lol..dont drive donkey..if you dont pay your bill theyre gonna charge you ALOT of interest..hahahahahahah

illicitstylz 03-26-2010 10:19 AM

Time to hop on the skyshit for the next while OP
Posted via RS Mobile

Soundy 03-26-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC2aDDicT (Post 6880079)
didnt read the replies but private insurance companies still go through icbc so either way you have to pay what you owe.

Private companies only offer the "optional" portion of the insurance - collision, comprehensive, etc. The rest is still thru ICBC.

Soundy 03-26-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WGPluto (Post 6864421)
Ok so I owe a lot of money to ICBC and I guess the city of Richmond?? for traffic tickets. About $1500 worth of tickets. Anywho obviously I don't want to pay and the period in which I can dispute the tickets has passed. Heres the problem: ICBC won't let me insure my car until I pay all the fines. Is there any way around this? Meaning insuring my car without paying ICBC. Could I get it insured by another company like Canadian Direct Insurance?

http://images.dexknows.com/previews/...3646_large.jpg

ah_cat 03-26-2010 04:38 PM

driving w/o insurance = $568.00 I believe.
but if you pay within 30 days, $25 off.. woot woot?

regardless
if you want to continue to drive, may i suggest you take some courses to refresh your memory on how to drive.

alwaysideways 03-26-2010 04:50 PM

You'll love having insurance when claim time comes after you speed into a minivan load of kids and they dont pay because of misrepresentation Bwahaha Good Luck Dumbass!

umpadupa 03-27-2010 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ah_cat (Post 6880630)
driving w/o insurance = $568.00 I believe.
but if you pay within 30 days, $25 off.. woot woot?

regardless
if you want to continue to drive, may i suggest you take some courses to refresh your memory on how to drive.

and 6 points too i think

fliptuner 03-29-2010 12:31 AM

I'm going to be a nice guy and give you some facts.

1. If you think $1500 is expensive, go ahead, spend the money, go to Alberta, get an Alberta Licence and find out how expensive insurance is over there (especially when they reference your BCDL and find out how many tickets you have).

-ICBC coverage is strictly based on your claim rated scale. No at fault claims, no debt to them, your cost is basically set.
-Private insurance in Alberta will take your age, vehicle and driving history into account. Male+ under 25+ bad driving history+ sports car = most expensive insurance you've seen.

2. The debt you owe ICBC/MVB has interest - compound interest. Don't pay it for 5 years and find out how much it adds up.

3. When does you BCDL expire? FYI you won't be able to renew it until your debt with ICBC and MVB is settled.

4. ICBC/MVB = Crown/government agency. If and when they decide to collect, hopefully you won't have a legitimate job - they'll take your tax returns, GST and possibly garnish wages.

-If I'm not mistaken, statute barred doesn't apply to government debts either.
-In reference to my second point, if it gets to the point where they decide to collect, the accumulated interest will make the original debt look like a bargain.

Gumby 03-29-2010 09:19 AM

Damn it, too much time has passed since his initial post, and I can't fail him.

Quoted just in case:

Quote:

Ok so I owe a lot of money to ICBC and I guess the city of Richmond?? for traffic tickets. About $1500 worth of tickets. Anywho obviously I don't want to pay and the period in which I can dispute the tickets has passed. Heres the problem: ICBC won't let me insure my car until I pay all the fines. Is there any way around this? Meaning insuring my car without paying ICBC. Could I get it insured by another company like Canadian Direct Insurance?

Hey SkinnyPupp, this thread needs to be moved to VOT as well!

M3Boy 04-13-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 6883930)

1. If you think $1500 is expensive, go ahead, spend the money, go to Alberta, get an Alberta Licence and find out how expensive insurance is over there (especially when they reference your BCDL and find out how many tickets you have).

-ICBC coverage is strictly based on your claim rated scale. No at fault claims, no debt to them, your cost is basically set.
-Private insurance in Alberta will take your age, vehicle and driving history into account. Male+ under 25+ bad driving history+ sports car = most expensive insurance you've seen.

2. The debt you owe ICBC/MVB has interest - compound interest. Don't pay it for 5 years and find out how much it adds up.

3. When does you BCDL expire? FYI you won't be able to renew it until your debt with ICBC and MVB is settled.

4. ICBC/MVB = Crown/government agency. If and when they decide to collect, hopefully you won't have a legitimate job - they'll take your tax returns, GST and possibly garnish wages.

-In reference to my second point, if it gets to the point where they decide to collect, the accumulated interest will make the original debt look like a bargain.

Wow I didn't know about the INTEREST part..

WGPluto 04-21-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 6883930)

Garnish wages?? They're not garnishing shit lmao. I just got 2 grand back on my tax return. And I didn't mean I'd ever be coming back to shit hole BC after I changed my insurer. I just don't want it to stop me from being insured somewhere else. And it doesn't. I just won't ever be able to come back to BC and insure my car OH NO http://www.revscene.net/forums/image.../bloblaugh.gif

FerrariEnzo 04-22-2010 04:52 AM

Quote:

WOWOWOWOW if you the goverment money, they gona get you... im guessing you will get a WARRENT for your arrest sooner or later!! oweing the government isnt a good thing... they are rape you and tear a new hole in your "you-know-what"

with $1500 in fines... damn... you not gona get to renew your license for awhile even if you DO pay it all off now!!!

FerrariEnzo 04-22-2010 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WGPluto (Post 6917682)
I just got 2 grand back on my tax return.

lol that just means your job isnt pay you enough!!! and when the government comes after you.. you wont have money.. i smell JAIL TIME

ICBC isnt a private insurer.. just to let you know...

hmm.. double posted!!! damn i failed

hotjoint 04-22-2010 08:19 AM

:lol wow you suck at driving, pay your tickets!

Phat_R 04-22-2010 10:01 AM

Man up!

aznrsx1979 04-22-2010 10:03 PM

Quote:

Garnish wages?? They're not garnishing shit lmao. I just got 2 grand back on my tax return. And I didn't mean I'd ever be coming back to shit hole BC after I changed my insurer. I just don't want it to stop me from being insured somewhere else. And it doesn't. I just won't ever be able to come back to BC and insure my car OH NO http://www.revscene.net/forums/image.../bloblaugh.gif

I highly doubt that any insurance company is going to insure you. If you think it's any cheaper, think again. I did some rough quotes for alberta and it's gonna cost the same or about $1000 more a year.

More then likely they'll get your insurance history from your previous insurer unless you want to try to pull a fast one on them. I've tried to get insurance with Canadian Direct and forgot to mention a ticket from 4 years earlier and the cancelled my insurance.

Don't be a dumbass, pay your tickets.

Lomac 04-22-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Garnish wages?? They're not garnishing shit lmao. I just got 2 grand back on my tax return.

No. It just means it hasn't gone to collections yet.

Trust me, I've seen it happen.

nipples 04-29-2010 12:22 AM

How the hell do u get 2k back??? Geez! I need your job man!
Posted via RS Mobile

Kite 04-29-2010 08:56 PM

Buy an electric scooter and drive it on the sidewalk.

aditya92 05-09-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kite (Post 6931363)
Buy an electric scooter and drive it on the sidewalk.

Best quote iv read all day LMAO hhahaa
dude you are fucked i say just pay the fine and go insure with alberta u got what 2k back from income tax just use that to pay off some of it u gotta be stupid to try and out smart the government..

EuroRepresent 05-10-2010 07:44 PM

Do you what you plan on doing OP. Let us know what happenes...if you are not in jail by then!

vafanculo 05-10-2010 07:57 PM

You should use the 2k you got from the government and use that to pay what you owe. Not only will you have a clear concious, but you will avoid future headaches. Don't be a cheap asshole and pay what you owe.
Posted via RS Mobile

JLC 05-17-2010 11:53 PM

WGPluto you need to grow up...these immature actions are only going to come back to haunt you...

What do you think is going to heppen next time you try to finance/lease a new car, or even get a mortgage for a new house? My guess is this isnt for many years for you because you obviously 1, can't afford to buy any of these things, and 2, are not old enough to either...Wait...looks like you're not gonna be able to get a laon from the bank for anything, nor get a credit card...Simply put, if you're plan on getting any credit for anything, you will get denied...

Anyways..this is all small potatoes compared to having the goverment coming after you...and if you can't pay when they finally do come after you (and believe it...they will...) you're going to jail...lol

BTW, yes ICBC does suck...but hell you're even worse! haha

bcrdukes 05-18-2010 12:49 AM

Okay there's no sense in arguing with a brick wall so...we're done here. :)