REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Front window tint (https://www.revscene.net/forums/609433-front-window-tint.html)

Raver4Life 03-20-2010 08:53 PM

Front window tint

For those of you who have their front windows tinted. How often, if at all, do you get pulled over and ticketed? and how much is the ticket?

SkinnyPupp 03-20-2010 08:57 PM

Why would you want to tint your front windows? Somewhere like Arizona or California I would understand, but Vancouver? Just wear sunglasses the 3 days a year it is sunny.

Raver4Life 03-20-2010 09:00 PM

lol cause I like the look of front tint on a black car?

hchang 03-20-2010 09:02 PM

I heard from an ex-coworker of mine that his brother has a "note" from his optometrist saying that he's really sensitive to light and requires the front tint. So every now and then when he gets pulled over for tint, he'll just show the note.

I don't know if he was lying or not though.

TOS'd 03-20-2010 09:16 PM

Everyone knows front tint is illegal here. If you decide to get it, you run the risk of getting caught. Some do and some don't. You get caught, you pay for it in either time, money, or both. What difference does it make if the ticket is $100, $150, or even $1000. It's all excess money that doesn't need to be spent on paying off your poor decision. But don't come on here whining and bitching about getting pulled over and/or ticketed.

In the end it is your choice, and who am I to say other wise. But if you are to tint your front windows, tint them limo style. Is best bro. Is best.

Raver4Life 03-20-2010 09:40 PM

lol I am very aware that it is illegal, which is why I asked how much the ticket costs. And asking how much a ticket costs, is not a form of "whinning or bitching", I am simply curious as to how much it costs because I plan on tinting my front windows. In the end, of course it's my choice, whose else would it be smartass. And yes, limo tint is the best

TOS'd 03-20-2010 09:48 PM

Reading > You

And I didn't say you were whining or bitching, I said WHEN you get pulled over for it.

Enjoy your first fail.

G 03-20-2010 09:53 PM

^calm down bro

CRS 03-20-2010 10:20 PM

Getting caught with a front tint will require not only a ticket but an inspection as well.

So it will be the initial cost of the tint
The fine associated with the tint
The inspection fee
And a possible recost to retint it

IMO, not worth it. You need to have it removed to pass inspection so really...

Fafine 03-20-2010 10:38 PM

dude blackcar with front tint looks killer! DO IT!

ra1nn 03-21-2010 12:28 AM

i got caught after a year
so imo you shouldn't do it just because it looks "cool"
it's not worth it. :)

Raver4Life 03-21-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 6869758)
Reading > You

And I didn't say you were whining or bitching, I said WHEN you get pulled over for it.

Enjoy your first fail.

" But don't come on here whining and bitching about getting pulled over and/or ticketed."

I don't see the word "WHEN" in that sentence. Your sentence implies that I got pulled over and/or ticketed and am now complaining on this forum. If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would notice that my initial post includes absolutely nothing about me getting pulled over and/or ticketed. As a matter of fact, all my post is, is a question checking to see how often or rare people get caught and ticketed for front tint.

Enjoy your fail, as I am sure you encounter many with your douchbag posts

bcedhk 03-21-2010 12:42 AM

this topic has been discussed numerous times.

everyone's case will be differnet. those who tend to live in cop "hot zones" tend to get more tickets (E.G Richmond No.3, grandville) than those who live in the middle of no where in kelowna.

Most will give you a VI. I personally had no run in's when i had my first car with front tint, but I know friends who got caught twice (re applied tint, then got VI'ed again..)

AccordCouped 03-21-2010 01:45 AM

black tint in the front is SICK!!!!!! u should totally do it up.. u only live once

TOS'd 03-21-2010 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raver4Life (Post 6869996)
" But don't come on here whining and bitching about getting pulled over and/or ticketed."

I don't see the word "WHEN" in that sentence. Your sentence implies that I got pulled over and/or ticketed and am now complaining on this forum. If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would notice that my initial post includes absolutely nothing about me getting pulled over and/or ticketed. As a matter of fact, all my post is, is a question checking to see how often or rare people get caught and ticketed for front tint.

So did you GET pulled over yet? I said when you get pulled over.

:noob:

Alby 03-21-2010 11:46 AM

i got pulled after 2 years of doing it. the ticket was for 80$ but again if you pay right away its cheaper.

hchang 03-21-2010 05:16 PM

My friend got a car that came with front driver tints. He got ticketed after 6 months.
He has a white car with dark black tint, I don't know how he didn't get caught earlier...LOL.

I don't know if its worth it or not, he had to spend money to untint it + the initial ticket cost.

Greenstoner 03-24-2010 10:38 AM

i got caught front tint 4 times in 2 years, and 3 times were by the same cop ..hahaha

front tint looks cool, just pay the fine man!!!! Do It !!

Doridori 03-24-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raver4Life (Post 6869996)

around $50 for the ticket and around 80~90 if you get a VI.
$50 to take the tint off.

Shun Izaki 03-24-2010 12:11 PM

dude

his name's raver4life... is it really fucking surprising that he likes to be a nightwalker? :P

greendb7 03-24-2010 12:56 PM

Caught after having it for one year, ticket was like a bit over $100 I dont recall exactly

Greenstoner 03-24-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doridori (Post 6876220)
around $50 for the ticket and around 80~90 if you get a VI.
$50 to take the tint off.

i failed you because ticket is $100+

107 or 120 ..or seomthing, cant remeber correctly

Mugen EvOlutioN 03-24-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebossman (Post 6870059)
black tint in the front is SICK!!!!!! u should totally do it up.. u only live once

:facepalm::facepalm:

drunkrussian 03-24-2010 01:55 PM

to op: i don't have an answer but i do not recommend asking such things on revscene. Instead of objectively answering the simple question, people will go on about their opinions which nobody cares about. that, or they'll start telling u about how illegal it is and how u run a risk (duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh).

Leopold Stotch 03-24-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenstoner (Post 6876351)
i failed you because ticket is $100+

107 or 120 ..or seomthing, cant remeber correctly

it's 109, he must have paid 80 something because if you pay within a month or w/e it is it comes to about 80 something

maybe you shouldn't have failed him ?