REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources

Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources All Toyota & Lexus Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 03-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Toyota brake job?

Where did you last get your Toyota brake job? I think i need front brakes on my matrix. I believe it's like $140 w/ parts and labor at the dealer. I'm still on my original brakes with 72,000 KM, is that normal for mostly city driving? Last time the car got serviced (8,000 KM ago)they told me i had 20% left.
Advertisement
matrixfwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,037 Times in 4,522 Posts
$140 for parts and labour at a dealership is not bad. Considering you get proper documentation and that you keep it, it will be a bonus when you sell your car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
The other option is to find a hot young girlfriend so you're suddenly motivated to get into shape.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

you got 72,000km out of the original brake pads? That's pretty damn good.
TheSalesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:22 PM   #4

yah i'm quite impressed, it's not even sqealing yet. It's just that i was told there was only 20% left last time. But I think I'll just let them do it now.

However, I called around different dealers and i'm getting different quotes. Toyota.ca says $130 (Pads and labour only).. but then Granville T says $225 and Open road says $275!

I asked about why they don't have the toyota.ca special and they said it's because they don't offer the special and also the web price does not include machining discs.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

72000kms on original brake pads? that's really good... most people get ~35000 to a set of brake pads... is your car MTM by any chance?

yeah, machining/resurfacing disks does a lot... however, toyota brake pads are generally very mild on rotors... but to ensure that the brakes don't squeal, the dealership always recommends resurfacing any brake surface... just to cover their ass...
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #6

i got auto tranny and i was surprised too. I do mostly city driving. Well i don't drive very fast and don't do hard braking, maybe that was it...

Hope this new set will last another 72,000... The brake and rotor and labour ended up being $220+ tax. Is that an Ok dealer price?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:30 AM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

$220 is a fantastic price... last time i was quoted:

pads: $67.33
labour 1.5h @ $115 = $172.50
$5 for shop supplies
total $244.83
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote