REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 07-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #126
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch28 View Post
Gus is such a fucking badass.

Not a single word was said
Spoiler!
Advertisement
Fuhrėr-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #127
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
It wasn't bad but I sort of expected more. It's good to see all the characters back in action. I've waited far too long for this.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:57 AM   #128
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

It was a perfect episode to get the viewers to just want more.
JSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #129
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Can't wait to get home and watch it now, been waiting so long for this.

My body is ready.
Posted via RS Mobile
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:46 PM   #130
misfortune cookie (V)

Thanked 2,716 Times in 422 Posts
6 more days to go....

Last edited by LsquareD on 00-00-0000 at 00:00 PM
LsquareD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #131

Finally watched the season premiere. The whole scene of Gus during the lab was... shocking.
way2quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:33 AM   #132
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't overly impressed with Gus' response. He took out that guy by surprise, and it was easier than to have taken out Mike. Gus probably figured Mike was more capable to keep around.

I just don't buy the whole "Gus is a badass" deal. I think he's just like Walt. He's driven to extremes just to keep what he has.

Also, the scenes with Skylar were a complete waste of time. If I were Gus, I would've taken Skylar and Jr. to an undisclosed location, held them there and made Walt work (forever?) to ensure their survival. Of course, I only say this because I don't care much at all for any of Walt's immediate family members. Come to think of it, Gus would've saved himself a loyal henchman if he had done what I said. Gus is looking less and less by the minute.

Last edited by nns; 07-20-2011 at 07:38 AM.
nns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:40 AM   #133
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,550 Times in 463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
If I were Gus, I would've taken Skylar and Jr. to an undisclosed location, held them there and made Walt work (forever?) to ensure their survival.
I agree completely. I wouldn't be surprised if this were to happen later on in the season.
palepilsenpin0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:11 AM   #134
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
4 more days!
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #135
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
4 more days!
Can't wait!
hotjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #136
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't overly impressed with Gus' response. He took out that guy by surprise, and it was easier than to have taken out Mike. Gus probably figured Mike was more capable to keep around.
I'm pretty sure he took out that guy (Victor) because he was seen at the crime scene. Why would he take out Mike? It wasn't one or the other type of thing.
Quote:
I just don't buy the whole "Gus is a badass" deal. I think he's just like Walt. He's driven to extremes just to keep what he has.
He's not supposed to be badass. I think he himself stated that he's just a businessman.
Quote:
If I were Gus, I would've taken Skylar and Jr. to an undisclosed location, held them there and made Walt work (forever?) to ensure their survival. Of course, I only say this because I don't care much at all for any of Walt's immediate family members. Come to think of it, Gus would've saved himself a loyal henchman if he had done what I said. Gus is looking less and less by the minute.
Spoiler!

Quote:
the scenes with Skylar were a complete waste of time.
This I agree 100%.
ZenZa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #137
nns

In terms of timeline, after Jesse killed Gale, Gus should've sent his troops to pick up Skylar and Jr. It looked like quite a bit of time elapsed with them all just sitting in the lab waiting for Gus to arrive. This could've been time spent rounding up Walt's family.

Since Gale is no longer an option, Gus has to realize Walt is his best bet. Leverage his family, and have Walt work for however long he can make it.

I disagree with the reason you believe Victor (is that really his name?) was killed. Sure, it would be possible if it was a thoughtless decision Gus made in the moment - but that doesn't seem like something he would do. Killing one of your most loyal henchmen just because he appeared at the scene of a murder, after the fact, doesn't mean anything. It does not make him out to be the murderer. I find that not all of Gus' decisions can be reasonably justified. Some decisions, clearly thought out, conflict with others that appear to be illogical.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:02 PM   #138
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
although the scene was unnecessary in length...it showed that skylar still cared about walter.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #139
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
In terms of timeline, after Jesse killed Gale, Gus should've sent his troops to pick up Skylar and Jr. It looked like quite a bit of time elapsed with them all just sitting in the lab waiting for Gus to arrive. This could've been time spent rounding up Walt's family.

Since Gale is no longer an option, Gus has to realize Walt is his best bet. Leverage his family, and have Walt work for however long he can make it.

I disagree with the reason you believe Victor (is that really his name?) was killed. Sure, it would be possible if it was a thoughtless decision Gus made in the moment - but that doesn't seem like something he would do. Killing one of your most loyal henchmen just because he appeared at the scene of a murder, after the fact, doesn't mean anything. It does not make him out to be the murderer. I find that not all of Gus' decisions can be reasonably justified. Some decisions, clearly thought out, conflict with others that appear to be illogical.
Iirc, Gus himself has expressed that he doesn't find fear to be a good motivator.
moomooCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #140
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,764 Times in 906 Posts
Quote:

Also, the scenes with Skylar were a complete waste of time. If I were Gus, I would've taken Skylar and Jr. to an undisclosed location, held them there and made Walt work (forever?) to ensure their survival. Of course, I only say this because I don't care much at all for any of Walt's immediate family members. Come to think of it, Gus would've saved himself a loyal henchman if he had done what I said. Gus is looking less and less by the minute.
I was and I wasn't at the same time. One one note I was thinking of being in Walt and Jesse's shoes at the time and how scared I would be seeing Guss come in thinking he's gonna wack me only to have him not say a word and proceed to change into the suit waiting for a horrible death.

On the other hand as a viewer I was thinking he was going to kill Victor the entire time and was like hurry the fuck up already.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #141

Isn't Gus a family himself as well? If he did that who knows if Walt would also have a hit lined up on his family? I dont think Gus would take that chance.
Quote:

Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:56 AM   #142
nns

^Walt doesn't exactly have hitters lined up to do his bidding like Gus does. I mean, he needed Jesse to kill Gale.

Quote:
Iirc, Gus himself has expressed that he doesn't find fear to be a good motivator.
See, that goes back to how illogical some of Gus' decisions are. Some of them make sense, but others, you're left thinking "that's completely unlike something he would do" EG: knifing Victor. What is knifing a guy in the neck while making your underlings watch suppose to do, inspire confidence..?

I still believe Gus isn't some big, badass like so many here believe. It's conflicting actions like I described above that clearly show Gus is just as fallible as anyone else. He walks around with a sense of self-appointed confidence. Mike is the real deal, Gus is just driven to extremes - it's not really him.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:36 AM   #143
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

So stoked! Tomorow! Entourage and breaking bad.
TRDeol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:57 PM   #144
misfortune cookie (V)

so close.. yet so far! Pumped upppppp

Old 07-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #145
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Omg so excited, the cliffhanger at the end was amazing! And entourage too, YES!
Posted via RS Mobile
TRDeol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:52 PM   #146
misfortune cookie (V)

I didn't watch the cliffhanger. I prefer not watching it cause it'll just bug me even more.. and days will go by slower hahaha

Old 07-24-2011, 11:35 PM   #147
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
todays episode was boring
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2011, 11:49 PM   #148
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
todays episode was boring
i agree!

didn't seem like much content in this episode. although, i can't wait until next week when they talk about the notebook. i want to see what that leads to.
NiceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:50 PM   #149
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Spoiler!
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #150

Makes perfect sense to me. If Walt lost his family he'd just squeel to his brother in law and gus is up shit creek. Where as if Walt just "disappeared" then who could connect the dots?
Quote:
^Walt doesn't exactly have hitters lined up to do his bidding like Gus does. I mean, he needed Jesse to kill Gale.

See, that goes back to how illogical some of Gus' decisions are. Some of them make sense, but others, you're left thinking "that's completely unlike something he would do" EG: knifing Victor. What is knifing a guy in the neck while making your underlings watch suppose to do, inspire confidence..?

I still believe Gus isn't some big, badass like so many here believe. It's conflicting actions like I described above that clearly show Gus is just as fallible as anyone else. He walks around with a sense of self-appointed confidence. Mike is the real deal, Gus is just driven to extremes - it's not really him.
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote